Connect with us

Politics

Anambra commissioner resigns over alleged threat to life

Published

on

Anambra State Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs, Indigenous Artworks, Culture and Tourism, Dr Christian Madubuko, has resigned over alleged threat to his life.

In his letter of resignation, Madubuko alsp alleged endemic corruption in the system and advised the governor, Willie Obiano, to take charge of his government.

Madubuko was at several times in three years appointed as Commissioner for Industry, Trade and Commerce; Commissioner for Road, Rail and Water Transportation.

The resignation letter read in part, “In the cause of fighting corrupt individuals holding the state revenue on the throat, all manner of frivolous petitions against me were written to the governor accusing me of several misdeeds particularly destabilising our party, the All Progressives Grand Alliance and advising the governor to remove me before l do more harm to the party.

“In several occasions, agents of darkness tried bribing me with millions of the naira. I arrested these criminals and this was applauded by the governor at the EXCO meetings. Within these three years, l have been redeployed to three key ministries in the state as Commissioner.

“With all these happenings, it became clear that when you fight corruption, corruption fights back in several forms.

“Those toes l stepped on are now in the prowl for my life. I am no longer safe as l speak. On three different occasions, l received the baptism of fire by unknown gunmen/assassins. I was equally attacked severally at the Onitsha Main Market by the agents of the revenue criminals.

“All these attempts were to stop me from exposing the people involved in siphoning the state revenues into their private pockets to the detriments of the Anambra citizens.

“I advise His Excellency, the Governor, to rise up to the challenge of leadership and take charge of his Government. This is because, at the end of it all, the governor alone takes all the glory for things done right and blames for things done wrong.”

Continue Reading
18 Comments

18 Comments

1. CharlesOrite

July 9, 2021 at 5:44 am

en quw cine esta la pelicula green book near me Story Torrent van moody new book

2. Casino Comine En Ligne

July 12, 2021 at 2:08 am

Casino Monthieu Travaux Comment Se Rendre Au Casino Barri Re Depuis Escalcens Loterie Auchan

3. Antique Slot Machines For Sale In Reno Casino Aix En Provence Rue Jean Perrin Casino Barri Re Dans Le Var

4. on web hosting

August 28, 2021 at 9:39 am

If you want to increase your experience simply keep
    visiting this site and be updated with the most up-to-date gossip posted here.

5. t.co

August 29, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Link exchange is nothing else however it is simply placing the other person’s website link
    on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar in favor
    of you.

6. t.co

August 31, 2021 at 9:48 pm

For the reason that the admin of this web site is
    working, no hesitation very rapidly it will be famous, due to its quality contents.

7. http://j.mp

September 1, 2021 at 4:24 pm

Hi there outstanding website! Does running a blog like
    this require a large amount of work? I have no understanding of programming however I was
    hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyway, should you have any ideas
    or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off topic but I just needed to ask.
    Many thanks!

8. scoliosis surgery where

September 2, 2021 at 7:36 am

This article is actually a nice one it assists new internet users,
    who are wishing for blogging.

9. why asmr

September 2, 2021 at 6:05 pm

Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?

There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.

Please let me know. Thank you

10. tinyurl.com

September 4, 2021 at 8:46 am

Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem with your site in internet
    explorer, could test this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a large part of folks will omit
    your wonderful writing because of this problem.

11. asmr was

September 5, 2021 at 1:27 am

It’s going to be finish of mine day, except before end I am reading this impressive paragraph
    to increase my experience.

12. the scoliosis surgery

September 5, 2021 at 8:19 pm

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find
    It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to offer one thing again and
    aid others like you helped me.

13. j.mp

September 11, 2021 at 4:26 am

Hello mates, fastidious article and pleasant arguments commented at this place, I am actually enjoying by these.
    scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery

14. app.gumroad.com

September 11, 2021 at 12:59 pm

Heya! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 4!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
    Carry on the fantastic work! asmr https://app.gumroad.com/asmr2021/p/best-asmr-online asmr

15. on quest bars

September 11, 2021 at 2:21 pm

I pay a visit day-to-day a few sites and sites to read posts, however this webpage
    provides feature based content. quest bars http://bitly.com/3C2tkMR quest bars

16. http://j.mp

September 12, 2021 at 5:50 am

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you
    knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and
    was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading
    your blog and I look forward to your new
    updates. ps4 https://j.mp/3z5HwTp ps4 games

17. http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=questbars

September 12, 2021 at 10:45 am

Great article. quest bars https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=quest%20bars quest bars

18. http://tinyurl.com/

September 12, 2021 at 4:55 pm

You made some really good points there. I looked on the internet
    for more information about the issue and found most individuals will go along
    with your views on this site. cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights

Your email address will not be published.

Politics

Breaking: Sam Anyanwu Emerges S’east Consensus Candidate for PDP National Secretary

Published

on

Senator Samuel Anyanwu has emerged the consensus candidate of the South East zone of the Peoples Democratic party (PDP) for the position of the National Secretary of the opposition party in the forthcoming National convention.

Anyanwu who hails from Imo State, was a member of the 8th Senate where he represented Imo East Senatorial district under the platform of the Peoples Democratic party.

A statement issued by the National Vice Chairman of the party for South East zone, Chief Ali Odefa, said Anyanwu emerged the consensus candidate after thorough deliberation by the leaders and members of the party in the zone.

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/lagos-extends-period-of-traffic-diversion-on-apapa-oshodi-expressway/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/give-priority-to-local-professionals-contractors-buhari-orders-mdas/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/lagos-blue-rail-project-gets-cbn-n60bn-support-with-photos/

Read Also:  https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/presidency-replies-nnamdi-kanu-on-buhari-being-jubril-of-sudan/

The statement issued on Friday and made available to journalists in Abakaliki said “the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Southeast zone has once again displayed its maturity and readiness to reclaim all its stolen mandates in the zone through the peaceful and united manner in which the zone arrived at a consensus in nominating an illustrious son of the zone, Sen. Samuel Nnaemeka Anyanwu (Sam Daddy) as the zone’s sole candidate for the position of National Secretary of our great party ahead of our national convention.

“The PDP in the Southeast by this honourable and uniting act has once again put its detractors who thought that the fortunes of the party will be destabilized by the ceding of the plum position to the zone.

“The PDP in the Southeast is now more than ever prepared and ready for the task ahead.

“We are sincerely grateful to our leaders in the zone who despite their natural human differences have united and formed a common front in our avowed reclamation of the Southeast for our great party.

“Despite the desperation of political jobbers and power mongers who have adopted all manner of undemocratic moves to lure away our members, the Southeast remains a stronghold of the PDP and we assure our teeming members and supporters that our great party remains strong, firm, on ground and poised for victory as the 2023 general elections  approaches.

Sunnewsonline

Continue Reading

Politics

‘You’ve failed your constituents’, Ganduje hits back at Shekarau, others

Published

on

Abdullahi Umar Ganduje

Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State has reacted to the petition written by a group of lawmakers led by Senator Ibrahim Shekarau.

The group under the auspices of Joint Stakeholders Forum had written a petition to the APC headquarters on Wednesday, alleging that they had been sidelined despite contributing to the success of the party.

They also demanded the cancellation of the ward and local government congresses of the party.

The other signatories to the petition were Senator Barau Jibrin (Kano North); as well as House of Representative members: Sha’aban Sharada (Kano Municipal), Tijjani Jobe (Dawakin Tofa/Tofa/Rimingado), Haruna Dederi (Karaye/Rogo) and Nasiru Auduwa (Gabasawa/Gezawa); and Shehu Dalhatu, Chairman, Buhari Support Group.

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/be-like-jakande-nigerians-slam-sanwo-olu-over-costly-lagos-estates/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/blasphemy-drama-as-abduljabar-tackles-his-lawyers-in-court/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/former-us-president-bill-clinton-hospitalised-for-infection/

But reacting to their allegations during a stakeholders’ meeting at Government House in in Kano on Thursday, the governor said it was unfortunate that leading members of the party in the state are doing disservice to the party.

He said the aggrieved group do not believe in the party structure since they rejected the party leadership from ward to state level.

“You have failed to deliver good projects to your constituents and you are facing problems then you accused me of your travails?”

“The money you are collecting in Abuja has not come down to your constituents and you’re blaming me? You’re taking me as scapegoat to your problems.

“The congress will hold and the doors are opened to all from every camp to come and contest. It is either by election or by consensus.

“Even where there are no opposing candidates, the contestant will still be subjected to voting” he said.

Earlier, the majority leader of the House of Representatives, Alhassan Doguwa, criticised the group, saying “as far as the true stakeholders of the party is concerned, there is no crisis within the party.”

Daily Trust

Continue Reading

Politics

BREAKING: Iyorchia Ayu emerges consensus chairmanship candidate of PDP

Published

on

Former Senate President Iyorchia Ayu has emerged the consensus chairmanship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

His choice came after a marathon meeting of the Northern Caucus of the PDP held at Bauchi State Governors’ Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja.

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/14/supreme-court-affirms-soludo-as-apgas-anambra-guber-candidate-oye-as-national-chairman/

The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the PDP had zoned the position of National Chairman to the North apart from endorsing the decision of Zoning Committee which said the current National Working Committee (NWC) positions be swapped between the North and the South.

Daily Trust