Connect with us

metro

My kids belong to my late husband, says lady in alleged FCMB sex scandal

Published

on

Moyo Thomas, the lady in the sex scandal story involving the Managing Director of First City Monument Bank, Nuhu Adams, has said Tunde Thomas is the father of her two children.

She also said Tunde Thomas remained her husband until his death, adding that no formal divorce process was initiated to terminate the marriage.

Moyo, who spoke through her family, however, did not state the involvement of her former boss in FCMB in the saga.

She insisted in a statement by the family that her two kids belong to Tunde, adding that they were not legally divorced before her husband’s death despite the fact that she had relocated to the United States of America.

The statement signed by Adetunji Iromini, said in part, “This is quite unfortunate in many ways. It does not augur well for the memory of the departed soul especially as we are all grieving the loss of Tunde, who was buried on Wednesday 30th December, 2020. The pictures of the children are being posted in the social media, without care.

“There would not have been any need to respond to issues raised in the petition but for the sake of posterity, the memory of Tunde and for the sake of his children. Like any marriage, there were differences between Moyo and Tunde leading to their separation and eventual relocation of Moyo to the USA in December, 2017.

“It is important to note that the divorce process was never thought of or initiated by Moyo. And to the best of our knowledge, no divorce papers were ever served on Moyo.  This means that they were still legally married. In the opinion of Moyo and her family, the channel for reconciliation was still open up until Tunde’s unfortunate demise.

“Tunde is the father of the 2 children and Moyo never told him he was not their father. Moyo and Tunde clearly worked to ensure the differences they had did not affect the relationship they respectively have with the two children.

“Tunde paid a visit to the USA to visit the children in June 2018. He met them and interacted with them unhindered. This was after his recovery from the stroke he had earlier that year. He was in touch constantly with the children, calling and having fatherly conversations with them, even at odd hours, at least twice every month from December, 2017.

“The last of such calls took place on Thanksgiving Day on 26th November, 2020. You will agree that this does not paint the picture of a man who had been told he was not the father of his children as was maliciously stated in the petition and is being circulated on social media.

“It is very sad that a group of people have decided to take the differences between a married couple and misrepresent it into a sensational story.  It is unfair to have the pictures of his young children splashed all over the internet.

“Tunde had a mild stroke in 2018. By the grace of God, he was able to fully recover from this and carried on with his life. He was obviously doing well at his job and was in another relationship with a lady who was pregnant before his death.

“Why he had a cardiac arrest that led to his eventual death almost 2 years after remains a mystery that only God can provide answers to. We can begin to postulate on possible reasons, but we would rather not, to preserve the fond memories of Tunde.

“Tunde has now gone to be with his maker. We do wish his family and friends, including his pregnant girlfriend, the fortitude to bear the unfortunate loss. He has now been laid to rest and we implore all to allow those grieving his loss, including Moyo and his children, to do so in peace. May Tunde’s soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.”

metro

RAPE: Man, 42, turns friend’s 11-yr-old daughter to sex slave in Plateau

Published

on

A 42-year-old man, Jacob Joel, has been remanded in a Jos Correctional Centre for the repeated rape of an 11-year-old girl.

The Police told the court that the victim, who is a friend to the defendant’s daughter, was said to have been defiled allegedly by the defendant when she went to visit her friend.

The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the crime.

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/presidency-replies-nnamdi-kanu-on-buhari-being-jubril-of-sudan/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/youve-failed-your-constituents-ganduje-hits-back-at-shekarau-others/

The judge, Justice S.P Gang, in his ruling, ordered that the defendant be remanded in prison until Dec. 7, for hearing.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Mrs L. P. Fombot, told the court that the minor had visited the accused home to see her friend, but did not meet her at home.

Fombot said the victim, however, met the accused at home alone who allegedly dragged her into his room, threatened her with a knife, and had carnal knowledge of her.

She alleged that the accused threatened her on several occasions, raping her repeatedly.

The prosecutor said luck, however, ran out on him when he took the minor to the bush to have carnal knowledge of her, but was spotted by her school teacher.

If convicted, the accused could face life imprisonment.

The prosecutor said that during police interrogation, the accused blamed it on the devil, saying ‘the devil tempted him’. (NAN)

Vanguard News Nigeria

Continue Reading

metro

ISWAP leader, Modou Okocha injured, 5 soldiers killed in military convoy ambush

Published

on

More than 20 Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters died Wednesday evening in Ngamdu, Borno State.

The insurgents were eliminated by ground forces and airstrikes during an attempt to breach a military motorcade.

ISWAP commanders, Yaya Ebraheem, Baba Chattimari and Abu Adam Oubaida led the assault on the convoy and a Forward Operating Base (FOB).

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/blasphemy-drama-as-abduljabar-tackles-his-lawyers-in-court/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/youve-failed-your-constituents-ganduje-hits-back-at-shekarau-others/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/be-like-jakande-nigerians-slam-sanwo-olu-over-costly-lagos-estates/

The Jaysh (Army) Deputy Leader in Sambisa, Modou Bacheer Okocha was wounded, an intelligence officer told PRNigeria on Thursday.

He said troops were moving from Damaturu to Maiduguri when they were alerted about an imminent attack.

The contingent made a detour to reinforce the base after sending signals to the Air Force for support.

As they passed through Ngamdu, a border town between Borno and Yobe States, the terrorists opened fire but were defeated.

Fighter jets bombarded ISWAP locations and gun trucks killed many of them. Four soldiers paid the supreme price.

Daily Post

Continue Reading

metro

Police nab high-profile kidnappers of nursing mother, daughter

Published

on

The police in Adamawa State have confirmed the arrest of four high-profile kidnappers suspected to have abducted a nursing mother and her daughter, according to a statement by DSP Sulaiman Nguroje on Thursday in Yola.

Nguroje, the command’s spokesperson, said the notorious suspects were also behind the attack on Ngurore Police Station.

The News Agency of Nigeria recalled that on October 10, heavily armed suspected kidnappers attacked Ngurore Police Station at about 2am and also kidnapped the woman, Hauwa Umaru, and her daughter.

DSP Nguroje said operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the state command arrested the suspects on Thursday and recovered one AK-47 rifle with 16 rounds of live ammunitions.

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/youve-failed-your-constituents-ganduje-hits-back-at-shekarau-others/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/blasphemy-drama-as-abduljabar-tackles-his-lawyers-in-court/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/former-us-president-bill-clinton-hospitalised-for-infection/

Read Also: https://newstrends.ng/2021/10/15/be-like-jakande-nigerians-slam-sanwo-olu-over-costly-lagos-estates/

He said: The breakthrough that led to the arrest of the suspects began with the arrest of one Buba Ibrahim a.k.a Babangida , 20, a native of Wuro Bilal village, Ngurore District, Yola South LGA.

“Ibrahim Babangida is one of the principal suspects in the kidnap operation and the confession of the suspect revealed how they abducted Hauwa Umaru, her daughter and  one Alhaji Bahago of Ibbare and also attacked the Ngurore police station.

“The police were assisted by some professional Hunters who apprehended the other three gang members.”

Nguroje identified the three arrested gang members as: Tumba Alhaji Dan Bappa, 25, a native of Ibbare District, Yola south LGA; Buba Alhaji Abdu, a resident of Ibbare, Ngurore District; and Abdullahi Lawal, a resident of Lau Local Government Area in Taraba State.

Nguroje said the suspected criminals were also part of a seven-man syndicate that had been terrorising people of Adamawa and Taraba States.

He said the suspects would be charged to court on completion of investigations.

Eagle Online

Continue Reading

Trending