Connect with us

metro

Again bandits strike in Niger, abduct 50

Published

on

Bandits on Thursday abducted about 50 people in an early morning attack on Bassa community in the Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State.

There have been regular attacks by bandits in the state. At least 22 people were killed by bandits on September 4, 2020 in the state in two attacks, the APF had reported then.

Earlier, the military had confirmed three soldiers of the Operation Whirl Punch had been killed and two others wounded while repelling an attack by bandits on Tashan Kare community in the state.

The bandits in the early hours of Thursday reportedly invaded the Bassa community in large numbers on motorcycles, according to The Nation’s report.

The people, who were said to be getting set for the day’s activities, were jolted by the bandits’ invasion, causing them to run into the bush for safety.

The Co-convener, Concerned Shiroro Youths, Sani Abubakar Kokki, who confirmed the incident, said the bandits attacked the town, causing mayhem on unsuspecting peaceful and defenceless people.

He, however, stated that the number of people kidnapped was yet to be ascertained but noted that they were many.

Kokki also disclosed that on Tuesday, some other communities in Bassa/Kokki were attacked.

He said that Shiroro Local Government Area was urgently in need of help, as people had continued to live in fear.

The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Abiodun Wasiu, said he would get back to on the incident.

Continue Reading
15 Comments

15 Comments

1. asmr https://0mniartist.tumblr.com

April 10, 2021 at 10:33 am

Hello Dear, are you in fact visiting this web page on a regular basis, if
    so after that you will definitely obtain good knowledge.
    asmr 0mniartist

2. asmr https://0mniartist.tumblr.com

April 11, 2021 at 2:04 am

Thanks very interesting blog! 0mniartist asmr

3. 0mniartist

April 12, 2021 at 12:36 am

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post! It is the little changes that will make
    the greatest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing! 0mniartist asmr

4. http://bitly.com/3gdNsnp

April 14, 2021 at 11:20 pm

I’m excited to uncover this great site. I want to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic
    read!! I definitely enjoyed every part of it and i also have you book-marked to check out new stuff on your website.
    asmr 0mniartist

5. bitly.com

April 16, 2021 at 12:16 am

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish
    I am reading this great article to increase my know-how.
    0mniartist asmr

6. why gamefly

April 28, 2021 at 12:52 am

you are truly a good webmaster. The web site loading velocity is amazing.
    It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick.

Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have
    performed a fantastic activity on this subject!

7. asmr that

April 29, 2021 at 12:30 am

Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your website accidentally, and I am shocked why this coincidence did not came about earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

8. asmr what

April 29, 2021 at 11:15 am

Hello there! This is my first comment here so
    I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I
    truly enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?
    Thank you so much!

9. why asmr

April 29, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Excellent, what a webpage it is! This weblog provides useful data to us, keep it up.

10. or gamefly

May 3, 2021 at 10:30 pm

bookmarked!!, I like your web site!

11. asmr what

May 4, 2021 at 4:47 am

Keep on writing, great job!

12. http://j.mp/3y1MRMj

May 7, 2021 at 8:00 am

Right away I am ready to do my breakfast, later than having my breakfast
    coming again to read more news.

13. off asmr

May 8, 2021 at 12:00 am

I just could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information a person supply in your guests?
    Is gonna be again continuously in order to investigate
    cross-check new posts

14. asmr where

May 9, 2021 at 2:24 am

Highly energetic article, I liked that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

15. j.mp

May 15, 2021 at 7:44 am

scoliosis
    My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the
    costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress
    on numerous websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another
    platform. I have heard great things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?

Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

scoliosis

Your email address will not be published.

metro

Niger communities excited as soldiers return to Bassa, Allawa

Published

on

Excited villagers on Saturday welcomed the return of soldiers to Bassa and Allawa towns in the Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State after a month of their quitting the area due to invasion of their camps by bandits.
The armed soldiers came in about 100 camouflage vehicles to begin a special operation in the area.
The return of the soldiers followed a series of meetings between the new General Officer Commanding (GOC), 1 Mechanised Division of the Nigerian Army, Kaduna, Maj-Gen. Danjuma Hamisu Ali-Keffi, the state government and other stakeholders in the state.
The military camps in Allawa and Bassa in the Shiroro Local Government of the state were shut down last month after bandits numbering about 100 invaded the Security Joint Taskforce camps in the two towns, killing 12 soldiers, burning the camps and some operational vehicles.
Another camp at Zagzaga in the Munya Local Government was also sacked a few days later during which one RSM was kidnapped and found dead three days after.
A senator representing Niger East Senatorial zone in the National Assembly, Alhaji Sani Musa, said, “It is a welcome development and a great relief to the people it should be sustained.
“The return of soldiers is a great relief for my people, and I want to thank and commend President Muhammadu Buhari and the military for the return of the soldiers.
“I will equally want to appeal to them to hasten the return of soldiers to other communities to enable the people go back to their homes to continue their farming business.”

Continue Reading

metro

Thunderstorms, heavy rains disrupt Yoruba Nation agitators rally in Osogbo

Published

on

Thunderstorms with heavy rain on Saturday disrupted the rally by agitators of Yoruba Nation in Osogbo Osun State.
Scores of Yoruba Nation agitators had stormed the popular Nelson Mandela Freedom Park in Osogbo on Saturday after they changed the venue of the rally because of the heavy security presence.
One of the leading Yoruba Nation agitators, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, arrived in Osogbo from Oyo State at 1.40pm and went straight to where the agitators were demonstrating at Nelson Mandela Freedom Park.
Igboho got to the venue at 2.01pm to address the agitators.
He was addressing the agitators when the scorching sunny weather turned cloudy at 2.25pm.
He hurriedly addressed his supporters standing on top of a vehicle. When other leaders wanted to address the agitators, heavy rain started and it dispersed supporters from the venue.
While it was raining, thunderstorms made it impossible for supporters to gather and they ran for cover.

Continue Reading

metro

Our police are overwhelmed, says Bauchi governor

Published

on

Bauchi State Governor Bala Mohammed has said that security challenges in Nigeria will require collaborative efforts because the police are overwhelmed.
He stated this when he addressed journalists in Bauchi, stressing that addressing insecurity could not be left to the Federal Government alone.

He urged state and local governments, as well as traditional rulers, to be actively involved in ensuring improved security across the country.

Mohammed said, “It is the responsibility of the federal, state and the local governments, including all the traditional institutions in the country.
“These problems can only with tackled with concerted efforts and collaboration from the federal, state and local governments.“As a nation, we are challenged by so many aspects of misdemeanours, crime and criminality. We must be very courageous to say it, and that is not something that is acceptable within the tenet of Islam.
”It is not just a Federal Government’s responsibility; it’s a responsibility of the Federal Government, the state and the local governments as well as our traditional institutions and all the stakeholders.”

He also said, “We are all policemen today; we know these bandits; we know where they stay and what they do.
“Sometimes, they are aided and abetted by some of us and we should fish them out, because the police in their numbers are already overwhelmed.
“I’m calling on the federal government to work with us as governors and local governments, because that’s where the solution is.
“I hope we sit down as a country to reflect and make sure we bring solutions.”

Continue Reading