Connect with us

Business

Govt agencies sabotaging 24-hour port operation – NPA

Published

on

Some Federal Government agencies operating at the seaports are violating the executive order signed by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo towards 24-hour port operations and synergy among such agencies, Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority, (NPA), Ms Hadiza Bala-Usman, has said.

Osinbajo while serving as acting president in 2017 had signed the executive order on the promotion of transparency and efficiency in the business environment and directed the resumption of 24-hour operations at the Apapa port.

He also banned touting at all air, land and sea ports.

But Bala-Usman, while featuring on a television programme, said only the NPA had obeyed the order, while other agencies refused to do so, even as she noted the agencies flouting the order had not been sanctioned.

She said, “If you recall there is an executive order that was signed by the vice-president, which directed all agencies of government to conduct inspection (of containers) in one location and that executive order was signed in 2017.

“Certain agencies of government have not complied and one of the things we have said is sanction for non-compliance with an executive order that was released cannot be done by the Nigerian Ports Authority.”

She stated that if an agency of government violated an executive order signed by the vice president, the presidency should sanction that agency for non-compliance.

She said the essence of all agencies doing inspection on one location was for consignees not to have multiple areas of inspection.

The NPA boss said she had reported the matter to the Presidential Council on Ease of Doing Business chaired by Osinbajo but nothing was done about the flouting of the order.

She noted that port operations would not run smoothly if only the NPA was complying with set regulations.

Bala-Usman said, “There is an executive order to that extent. Some agencies have not complied. There have been several explanations and justifications for the non-compliance by these agencies. The NPA has raised it to the Presidential Council on Ease of Doing Business chaired by the VP to ensure sanctioning for non-compliance and as I keep saying if a directive is given and agencies don’t comply, if there are no consequences for action and inaction, that means I have not performed.”

She asked the FG to hold agencies not complying with the directive accountable for their actions.

“For example, we have 24-hour port operation that has been directed. All agencies of government are required to deploy personnel to have 24-hour port operation.

“We deployed our personnel but the other legs were absent. And of course, we cannot sanction other agencies of government,” she stated.

Bala-Usman stressed that the Apapa gridlock would end with the introduction of the electronic call-up system for port operations.

According to her, the new policy, set to take effect from February 27, will move Apapa ports operations to a digital format.

“The electronic call-up is key as you are aware that anything electronic seeks to remove human intervention,” she said.

She said the creation of truck parks was vital to the new electronic call-up system.

“We have eight truck parks that have been approved by Nigerian Ports Authority and the Lagos State government,” she said.

She added that the electronic call-up system would address extortion in the truck parks.

She said, “It takes away the idea that an officer, be it LASTMA, police or ports security, will give authority to go into the port, which may give room for extortion.

“All trucks that intend to assess the ports both for drop-offs and pick-ups have to do it from the approved truck parks.

“Cargo must also be ready for collection before trucks begin their journey; that proposed sanity should help in tackling the Apapa gridlock.”

Continue Reading
31 Comments

31 Comments

1. asmr https://0mniartist.tumblr.com

April 10, 2021 at 4:05 pm

These are really enormous ideas in on the topic of blogging.

You have touched some pleasant points here. Any way keep up wrinting.
    asmr 0mniartist

2. asmr https://0mniartist.tumblr.com

April 10, 2021 at 10:36 pm

When some one searches for his required thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail,
    therefore that thing is maintained over here. 0mniartist asmr

3. 0mniartist

April 11, 2021 at 11:52 pm

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I
    was wanting to know your situation; we have created some nice methods and we
    are looking to exchange solutions with others, please shoot me an email if interested.
    asmr 0mniartist

4. j.mp

April 15, 2021 at 4:55 am

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually recognise what
    you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally visit my site =).
    We will have a hyperlink change agreement between us 0mniartist
    asmr

5. j.mp

April 15, 2021 at 11:20 pm

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality sites on the web.

I most certainly will highly recommend this site!
    asmr 0mniartist

6. with gamefly

April 28, 2021 at 12:25 am

Thanks , I have recently been searching for info approximately
    this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I’ve discovered so far.
    However, what about the bottom line? Are you certain about
    the source?

7. asmr or

April 29, 2021 at 4:14 am

Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog centered on the same information you discuss and
    would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know
    my readers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

8. what asmr

April 29, 2021 at 4:14 am

Good way of describing, and fastidious post to get facts regarding
    my presentation focus, which i am going
    to present in college.

9. asmr why

April 29, 2021 at 12:39 pm

What’s up, everything is going nicely here and ofcourse
    every one is sharing facts, that’s in fact
    excellent, keep up writing.

10. that gamefly

May 4, 2021 at 2:03 am

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is
    needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would
    cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate it

11. off asmr

May 4, 2021 at 7:44 am

Wow, this post is nice, my younger sister is analyzing these things,
    thus I am going to tell her.

12. bit.ly

May 7, 2021 at 11:48 am

If you are going for finest contents like I do, just pay a visit this web site all the time since it provides quality contents, thanks

13. asmr what

May 8, 2021 at 2:03 am

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell
    and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.

There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She
    never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

14. asmr a

May 9, 2021 at 7:00 am

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform.

I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

15. bit.ly

May 15, 2021 at 10:15 am

scoliosis
    I couldn’t resist commenting. Very well written! scoliosis

16. http://bit.ly

May 16, 2021 at 11:13 am

scoliosis
    Link exchange is nothing else except it is simply placing the other person’s web site link on your page at proper place and
    other person will also do similar for you. scoliosis

17. tinyurl.com

May 19, 2021 at 1:29 pm

scoliosis
    hi!,I love your writing so a lot! share we keep in touch more approximately your article on AOL?
    I need a specialist in this house to unravel my problem. May be that
    is you! Having a look ahead to see you. scoliosis

18. https://785days.tumblr.com/

May 19, 2021 at 10:29 pm

free dating sites
    Thanks for a marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you’re a
    great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will
    eventually come back later on. I want to
    encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice morning!
    free dating sites https://785days.tumblr.com/

19. your asmr

May 21, 2021 at 9:47 am

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I’m not
    sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else
    know such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful!

Thanks!

20. dating sites why

May 25, 2021 at 10:55 pm

In fact when someone doesn’t know afterward its up to
    other users that they will help, so here it takes place.

21. of dating sites

May 26, 2021 at 2:58 pm

I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours lately, yet I
    never found any fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely value enough for me.

Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the internet
    might be a lot more helpful than ever before.

22. free dating sites are

May 29, 2021 at 11:23 am

Greetings from Colorado! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G
    .. Anyhow, fantastic blog!

23. in scoliosis

May 30, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Hi mates, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say concerning this paragraph,
    in my view its in fact remarkable in support of me.

24. scoliosis surgery but

May 30, 2021 at 10:45 pm

Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

25. free dating sites and

May 31, 2021 at 1:20 pm

What’s up, just wanted to say, I loved this post.
    It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

26. free dating sites but

June 1, 2021 at 2:47 am

constantly i used to read smaller posts which also clear their motive,
    and that is also happening with this article which
    I am reading here.

27. tinyurl.com

June 1, 2021 at 11:57 am

Awesome! Its really remarkable piece of writing, I have got much clear idea regarding from this piece
    of writing.

28. http://tinyurl.com/yyg5we9f

June 2, 2021 at 1:28 am

Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this website regularly, this
    website is really good and the visitors are in fact sharing good thoughts.

29. CharlesOrite

July 9, 2021 at 6:15 pm

toyota corolla 2010 blue book precio Episode 5 The Walking Dead New Frontiere Gratuitement swarna pusthaka 2006 selection book list

30. Jean Ursini Loterie

July 11, 2021 at 11:59 am

Dublin Casino Delais Paiement Casino Royale 720p French Torrent Partners Geant Casino Frejus

31. Parking Casino Rue De La Molle

July 16, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Gateau Sport Geant Casino Bijouterie Casino Tarbes Huile De Pepin De Raisin Casino

Your email address will not be published.

Business

NCC, telecom firms agree on 5G deployment

Published

on

All appears set for the deployment of 5G as the Nigerian Communications Commission and major telecoms companies have agreed on the guidelines.
The instruments are the Annual Operating Levy Regulations and the Frequency Spectrum (fees and pricing) Regulations.
The agreement came after a public inquiry organised by the NCC on the two key instruments at its headquarters in Abuja on Thursday, which was attended by Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, Prof Umar Danbatta and representatives of major telecoms companies such as Airtel Nigeria, MTN Nigeria, Glo Mobile Network, 9Mobile, and other stakeholders.

The 5G wireless technology is meant to deliver higher multi-Gbps peak data speeds, ultra low latency, more reliability, massive network capacity, increased availability, and a more uniform user experience to more users.

While Airtel Nigeria agreed with key issues regarding the instruments, MTN Nigeria pleaded for extension of timeframe.
But Danbatta assured all stakeholders that frequency spectrum would be assigned and managed in a way that ensures fair pricing and efficient deployment of attendant services.
According to him, the two instruments were not only tailored to meet the challenges of the industry but ensure that all stakeholders are carried along as the country prepares for deployment of 5G technology.
Danbatta said, “More importantly, this Public Inquiry is precursor to the Commission’s current drive to ensure efficiency in spectrum management and the unveiing of next generation services through varied enablers.
“It is in that regard that the Commission issued a Spectrum Trading Guidelines in 2018, to ensure frequency spectrum is readily available to licensees through an effective process.
“Furthermore, the commission has commenced the process for deployment of Fifth Generation (5G) Technology in Nigeria and is driving the provision of such ubiquitous services on making Frequeney Spectrum available to its licensees.
“The efficacy and reliability of these initiatives will be hinged on proper market valuation of the frequency spectrum and fair assessment of levies.”

Continue Reading

Business

Inflow of foreign capital drops by 54% to $875.62m

Published

on

The total value of capital importation into Nigeria dropped to $875.62 million in the second quarter (Q2) of 2021, the National Bureau of Statistics has said.
According to the NBS, the figure represents a 54.06 per cent drop compared to the $1.91 billion in the first quarter (Q1) of 2021.

It stated this in its latest report titled, ‘Nigerian capital importation (Q1 & Q2 2021)’.
In 2020, Nigeria’s capital importation plunged by 59.65 per cent at $9.68 billion – the lowest level in four years.

“The largest amount of capital importation by type was received through portfolio investment, which accounted for 62.97% ($551.37m) of total capital importation,” the report stated.
“It is followed by other investments, which accounted for 28.13% ($246.27m) of total capital imported and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), which accounted for 8.90% ($77.97m) of total capital imported in Q2 2021.”
Capital importation into the banking industry dominated in Q2 reaching a total of $296.51 million, followed by financing with $205.88 million and shares with $194.59 million.
In both Q1 and Q2, brewing, fishing, hotels, tanning and weaving sectors had no record of capital imports, the report added.
Similarly, only Lagos, Ogun and the federal capital territory (FCT) recorded capital inflows across Nigeria in Q2.
Lagos emerged as the top destination of capital investment in the second quarter with $780.06 million, Abuja had $95.26 million, while Ogun had $0.3 million.
By banks, foreign firms emerged as the top capital investment in Nigeria in Q2. Stanbic IBTC recorded $310.21 million, Standard Chartered was second with $282.37 million, then Citibank ($94.15 million).
The report also stated that “the United Kingdom emerged as the top source of capital investment in Nigeria in Q2 2021 with $310.26m.”

Continue Reading

Business

Nigerians experience another nationwide blackout as grid collapses

Published

on

Most parts of Nigeria experienced total blackout on Wednesday after a national grid collapse, which electricity distribution companies confirmed in separate notices to their customers.
In a public notice sent out to consumers, the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company said the collapse occurred at 12.26pm but did not say how long it would last.
The notice read, “Dear Esteemed Customers,
Following a grid system outage that occurred at about 12:26 pm today, we have been unable to service our customers in Niger, Kogi and Nasarawa State as well as a significant part of the Federal Capital Territory.
“At the moment, only 20MW has been allocated to AEDC as against the over 400MW that they have been receiving in recent times.
“We urge our customers to be patient and promise that the power supply will be restored to our franchise area as soon as there is a significant improvement in our
allocation.”
In a similar notice, Eko Disco said, “Dear valued customer, we regret to inform you of a system collapse on the National Grid that’s causing outages across our network.
“We are working with our TCN partners to restore supply as soon as possible. Please bear with us.”
Ikeja Electric also sent out a message that read in part, “The current power outage is due to a nationwide system collapse that occurred at about 12:26hrs.
“Power supply will be restored gradually to various parts of the network as soon as the grid is stabilised. Kindly bear with us.”

Continue Reading