Connect with us

Business

Buhari bans mining in Zamfara, declares state no fly-zone

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed that Zamfara State be declared a no fly-zone.

National Security Adviser (NSA), Major General Babagana Monguno (retd.), disclosed this on Tuesday while briefing State House correspondents after a meeting of National Security Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Monguno said the President had also approved a ban on mining activities in the state to stop the rising insecurity.

The NSA, who also revealed that all non state actors had been placed under surveillance, said the federal government would not hesitate to use kinetic means to restore normalcy in the country.

He said defense and intelligence organisations had been charged not to allow the country slide into anarchy.

Monguno added that the President urged the new service chiefs to reclaim all areas under the control of bandits, insurgents and kidnappers.

“We can no longer avoid to lose lives while operating within the legalities,” he declared.

He added, “We are not going to blackmailed. The government has the responsibility to assert its will. Citizens can reside wherever they want to reside. Anybody who is a criminal should be brought to book.”

Continue Reading
16 Comments

16 Comments

1. asmr https://0mniartist.tumblr.com

April 10, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking the time and actual effort
    to produce a top notch article… but what can I say… I hesitate a lot
    and don’t manage to get anything done. asmr 0mniartist

2. asmr https://0mniartist.tumblr.com

April 11, 2021 at 12:37 am

Hello there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of
    my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this.
    I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Thanks for sharing! 0mniartist asmr

3. 0mniartist

April 12, 2021 at 12:23 am

Good way of explaining, and good paragraph to take information on the
    topic of my presentation focus, which i am going to
    deliver in college. 0mniartist asmr

4. j.mp

April 14, 2021 at 4:57 pm

Terrific work! That is the type of information that are meant to be shared around the
    net. Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this
    publish upper! Come on over and discuss with my website
    . Thanks =) asmr 0mniartist

5. http://j.mp

April 16, 2021 at 5:51 am

What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely helpful and it
    has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & aid different users like its helped me.

Good job. asmr 0mniartist

6. a gamefly

April 28, 2021 at 1:45 am

Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this website needs far more attention.
    I’ll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the info!

7. asmr a

April 28, 2021 at 10:52 pm

It’s very effortless to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found
    this post at this website.

8. asmr where

April 29, 2021 at 5:02 am

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest
    but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll
    go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. Many thanks

9. what asmr

April 29, 2021 at 12:33 pm

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the
    road. Cheers

10. gamefly a

May 3, 2021 at 11:30 pm

This information is worth everyone’s attention. Where can I find out
    more?

11. where asmr

May 4, 2021 at 11:55 am

I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely loved every little bit
    of it. I have you book-marked to check out new things you post…

12. tinyurl.com

May 7, 2021 at 9:19 am

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up
    and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking
    issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

13. asmr an

May 8, 2021 at 7:19 am

My family always say that I am wasting my time here at net,
    however I know I am getting familiarity everyday by reading such good articles.

14. in asmr

May 9, 2021 at 1:55 am

Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic
    but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb
    choice of colors!

15. j.mp

May 15, 2021 at 10:59 am

scoliosis
    I need to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely
    enjoyed every little bit of it. I have you saved as a favorite to
    look at new stuff you post… scoliosis

16. scoliosis
    I really like reading an article that will make people think.
    Also, thanks for allowing me to comment! scoliosis

Your email address will not be published.

Railway

Police still on trail of Warri-Itakpe rail track vandals – NRC

Published

on

• Says vandals risk life imprisonment
Vandals of a section of the newly inaugurated Warri-Itakpe rail track have not been arrested, contrary to an earlier report, the Nigerian Railway Corporation has said.
Coordinator of the new rail line operation, Abdulganniyu Saani, an engineer, who stated this, also dismissed the viral video of the arrest of five suspects with a vehicle load of rail track sleepers, saying it was an old clip of an incident around Jos, Plateau State taken some years back.
He also said the latest cutting of Warri-Itakpe track material was not on the main lane but an extra lane, which had not disrupted the running of freight and passenger trains.
Saani spoke in an interview with NewsTrends on the telephone, warning that vandals would be treated as manslaughter suspects with a maximum penalty of life imprisonment upon conviction because their activities could lead to fatal railway accidents.
He also said that a number of traps had been laid for the arrest of the vandals still on the run and other hoodlums that might be contemplating of vandalizing or stealing railway materials.
“The police in Kogi State where the incident had happened are on the red alert. They are working with other security agencies to apprehend the vandals and anybody who dares tamper with railway materials.
Details later…

Continue Reading

Business

Aviation workers threaten one-week shutdown of Kaduna airport from Sunday

Published

on

Aviation workers have threatened to withdraw their services at the Kaduna airport from Sunday, May 16 to Friday, May 21.
The workers in a statement on Saturday said their action was in support of the Kaduna State chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) over “anti-labour practices perpetrated against public servants in Kaduna State”
The statement was jointly signed by Ocheme Aba, general secretary of the National Union Of Air Transport Employees (NUATE); Rasaq Saidu, general secretary of the Association Of Nigeria Aviation Professionals (ANANP); and Umoh Ofonime, deputy general secretary of the National Association Of Aircraft Pilots And Engineers (NAAPE).
NLC had said that over 20,000 state workers had not received their April salaries, adding that due process was not followed in the recent disengagement of over 4,000 workers from the local government service, state universal basic education board and primary healthcare agency.
The statement read in part, “As you are all aware, the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) has declared strike action against the Kaduna State Government over numerous anti-labour practices perpetrated against the public servants of Kaduna state.
“Our unions, being affiliates of the NLC, are part of the decision and are in support of the action against the Kaduna State Government In this regard, our participation on the planned shutdown of Kaduna State is hereby affirmed.
“Accordingly, all aviation workers at the Kaduna Airport are hereby directed to withdraw all services at the airport with effect from midnight of Sunday the 16th of May 2021 to midnight of Friday the 21st of May 2021.
“The effect shall be the total grounding of operations of the Airport within the stipulated period. By this notice, members of the public are advised to make alternative travel plans within the period.”

Continue Reading

Business

Remittances to Nigeria drop by 28% – World Bank

Published

on

Remittance inflow to Nigeria dropped by 28 per cent in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Bank has said.
The bank added that remittance flows fell for sub-Saharan Africa by 12.5 per cent, according to its Migration and Development Brief 33 Phase 11 entitled: “COVID-19 Crisis Through a Migration Lens’’ published on Thursday.
The report said the decline in remittance flows to Nigeria was largely responsible for the fall in remittance flows to sub-Saharan Africa.
“The decline in flows to sub-Saharan Africa was almost entirely due to a 28 per cent decline in remittance flows to Nigeria.
“Excluding flows to Nigeria, remittances to sub-Saharan Africa increased by 2.3 per cent, demonstrating resilience,’’ the report stated.
According to the report, the relatively strong performance of remittance flows during the COVID-19 crisis has also highlighted the importance of timely availability of data.
It stated that given its growing significance as a source of external financing for low and middle-income countries, there was need for better collection of data on remittances.
It emphasised that there was need for better collection of data on remittances, in terms of frequency, timely reporting, and granularity by corridor and channel.
With global growth expected to rebound further in 2021 and 2022, remittance flows to low and middle- income countries are expected to increase by 2.6 per cent to $553bn in 2021 and by 2.2 per cent to $565bn in 2022.
The report stated that global average cost of sending $200 remained high at 6.5 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2020, more than double the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) target of three per cent.
It stated that sub-Saharan Africa continued to have the highest average cost (8.2 per cent) adding that supporting the remittance infrastructure and keeping remittances flowing includes efforts to lower fees.
The true size of remittances, which includes formal and informal flows, is believed to be larger than officially reported data, though the extent of the impact of COVID-19 on informal flows is unclear.
“As COVID-19 still devastates families around the world, remittances continue to provide a critical lifeline for the poor and vulnerable,” said Michal Rutkowski, Global Director of the Social Protection and Jobs Global Practice at the World Bank.
“Supportive policy responses, together with national social protection systems, should continue to be inclusive of all communities, including migrants,” he said.

Continue Reading