Connect with us

metro

Gunmen abduct Catholic priest, kill 11 persons in Kaduna

Published

on

Gunmen have hit Kaduna again, killing 11 people and abducting a Catholic Priest in Ikulu Chiefdom of Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of the state.

A resident, Samuel Kukah, who confirmed the attack, said the gunmen stormed the residence of the priest, Rev. Fr Luka Benson, around 7.30pm on Monday.

Kaduna State Police Command is yet to comment on the incident. Efforts made to contact the police spokesman in the state, ASP Mohammed Jalige, did not yield result as he neither answered the calls made to his phone number nor responded to text messages sent.

Earlier, some gunmen had attacked Apiye Jim village in Atyap chiefdom of Zango-Kataf Local Government Area, where they killed 11 persons.

The attack, according to a source, happened on Sunday evening.

Although there is no official confirmation from either the state government or the state police command, spokesperson for the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU), Mr Luka Binniyat, confirmed the attack.

Binniyat said, “It is very true. They also killed another man in Atakshusho village about three kilometres from the initial scene of crime as they were retreating to make an escape.

“Recall that an ECWA Reverend was murdered just on the outskirts of Zangon Kataf town, which our people have always complained of harbouring killers, time and again.

“As usual, no one has been apprehended. We are awaiting details of the killings, after which we shall issue a statement.”

He said many of the villagers were still missing after Monday attack, but noted that, so far, no fewer than 11 lifeless bodies had been recovered.

According to him, the attackers came in large numbers and perpetrated the act in a jiffy.

He added, “They (attackers) came while it was raining and divided themselves into groups. They targeted specific houses and when done, left immediately.

“Scores of the villagers are missing at the moment. It’s impossible for one to ascertain the number of those injured and even those killed; but so far, l have counted and found 11 dead persons in different locations.”

Daily Trust

metro

Pandemonium as Lagos motorcyclists kill policeman, destroy patrol vehicles

Published

on

A Chief Superintendent of Police, Kazeem Abonde, has been killed during a clash between policemen and motorcyclists in the Ajao Estate area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the policemen were carrying out enforcement in the area on Thursday when they were resisted by the riders, who protested against the seizure of their means of livelihood.

The situation was said to have snowballed into a clash and resulted in the death of Abonde, who was reportedly hacked to death.

Our correspondent saw a photo of the bloodied remains of the policeman as he lay motionless by the roadside. The victim’s head appeared to have been smashed with some objects.

Another photo captured no fewer than 10 persons milling around a damaged patrol van inscribed with the Lagos State Police Command.

A source told our correspondent that the policemen involved in the incident were attached to the Ajao Police Station.

“Everywhere is tense; we don’t know what exactly caused the fight, but we know that there was a confrontation between motorcyclists and the policemen attached to the Ajao Police Station,” the source added.

Deji Lambo, Punch News

Continue Reading

metro

Police arrest, parade three suspected kidnappers of Bethel Baptist School students

Published

on

Three suspected kidnappers have been arrested by the Nigeria Police in connection with the abduction of over 100 students of Bethel Baptist school in Kaduna State.

The suspects include, “Adamu Bello, Isiaku Lawal and Muazu Abubakar.”

They were paraded on Thursday by the Force Public Relations Officers, Frank Mba, at the headquarters of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

The suspects dressed in military camouflage told journalists during an interview that they were among the 25 gunmen who stormed the school recently.

Abubakar, a 27-year-old suspect, said, “Twenty-five of us carried out the operation. We kidnapped 136 students and I got N100,000 share from the money.”

DAILY POST recalls that the school was invaded by armed men suspected to be bandits on July 5, 2021, while 121 students were whisked away.

Some of the abducted students have, however, regained their freedom.

Daily Post

Continue Reading

metro

BREAKING: Police arrest three kidnappers of Kaduna Baptist school students

Published

on

The police have arrested three people allegedly involved in the kidnap of over 100 students of Bethel Baptist School, Kaduna.

The suspects, dressed in military camouflage, were on Thursday paraded by the Force Public Relations Officers, Frank Mba, at the headquarters of defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), in Abuja.

Names of the suspects were given as Adamu Bello, Isiaku Lawal and Muazu Abubakar.

The suspects told newsmen that 25 of them abducted the students, adding that they carried out the operation in desperate bid to get money.

“Twenty-five of us carried out the operation. We kidnapped 136 students and I got N100,000 share from the money,” 27-year-old suspect Abubakar said,

 

Continue Reading

Trending