Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, says he has not taken a decision whether he will contest for a seat in the Senate in the 2023 elections.
Ortom, speaking with journalists on Saturday, said he was still consulting with God over the matter.
“I am still consulting with God because I do not take any decision without consulting my God. If he says yes, I will go ahead and contest, but if He says no, I will obey his decision,” he said.
The governor also said reports of division in the Peoples Democratic Party should be ignored, as members had been working in unity.
He said, “The PDP as a party made mistakes in the past and has learnt a lot of lessons from its mistakes and it is fully prepared to take over the leadership of the country from the APC.
“Nobody should deceive you that the PDP is polarised. We are working together as a party. We met and agreed that the positions which are currently in the north should go to the south, while those in the south should go to the North.
“This is the resolution of the zoning committee and it is graciously accepted at the national level. Nobody has begrudged the decision. It is widely accepted by all PDP members.”
Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council A 27-year -old man, Rabiu Suleiman, has reportedly…
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail A High Court in the…
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport Justice Deinde I. Dipeolu of the Federal High…
More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office There are indications that more…
Trump slams Nigeria with high tariff in shocking trade crackdown President Donald Trump has ignited a…
Barcelona beat Atletico to set up cup final against Real Madrid Barcelona narrowly edged past…