President Mohammadu Buhari
Again 43 persons killed in Benue, Buhari orders security review
Orgy of violence continued Friday night in Benue State with the killing of at least 43 Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, by suspected armed herders.
The killing was said to have taken place when the marauders invaded the camp of the IDPs at the LGEA Primary School, Mgban, in the Guma Local Government Area of the state.
A report by the Vanguard stated that the IDP camp was attacked at about 10pm on Good Friday.
The report quoted a source as saying among the 43 corpses so far recovered from the scene of the attack were those of pregnant women and children.
Many others were said to have sustained severe injuries just as some people were declared missing.
The attack came a few days after a similar attack at Umogidi village of the Otukpo LGA that claimed 52 lives.
Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the use of terrorism as a tool in inter-communal conflicts, urging that the attackers be found and dealt with swiftly under the law.
He directed the secret services, police and military commanders to enhance surveillance on every front and immediately review the security management in the affected areas.
Buhari, in a statement on Saturday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, condemned the recent bout of killings in Benue communities, urging that all efforts be made to end the “extreme violence.”
Again 43 persons killed in Benue, Buhari orders security review
It stated, “The President condemned the use of terrorism as a tool in inter-communal conflicts, urging that the attackers be found and dealt with swiftly under the law.
“He conveyed his grief and sympathy to the families of those who lost their lives due to the attack and directed the secret services, police and military commanders to enhance surveillance on every front and to immediately review the security management in the affected areas.”
Tinubu appoints Enitan as Head of Civil Service President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed…
Armed Men Raze ADC Chieftain's House, Beat Family Members in Rivers Attack Thomas Isaiah recounts…
Lagos declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese Day celebration The Lagos State Government has declared…
South African Consulate Denies Visa Restrictions on Nigerians Consul General confirms visa services continue as…
2027: Peter Obi lost his chance when he left ADC for NDC – Fayose Former…
Fuel subsidy: FG records N20.4tn extra resources, spends N30.6tn, says Oyedele The Federal Government generated…