Connect with us

Business

Anambra to benefit from 13% derivation fund – RMAFC

Published

on

Anambra State will henceforth benefit from the 13 per cent derivation fund for oil producing states.

This follows the approval granted by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission of the request of the state governor Willie Obiano.

The request was for due share of revenue accruing to the nation from oil and gas production activities in Anambra State.

The approval letter came through the Secretary of RMAFC, Mr. M. B. Shehu, and addressed to Governor Obiano, saying the commission had approved the attribution of 11 oil wells to the state.

It also approved the attribution of Anambra River One, Two and Three oil wells, to be shared on 50-50 per cent basis between Anambra and Kogi states, pending the final delineation of boundaries of the two states.

The 11 oil wells attributed to Anambra State are Nzam-One oil well, Alo-One oil well and Ogbu-One oil well.

Others are Ameshi One, Two, Three and Four oil wells, as well as Enyie One, Two, Three and Four oil wells.

The RMAFC’s approval was made at its 139th plenary held on July 27.

The letter said the 13 per cent derivation would take effect when the revenue from the operations of the oil wells starts contributing to the federation account.

Business

SERAP sues Buhari over alleged missing N11tn electricity fund

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has been dragged to court by the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) for allegedly failing probe N11tn electricity fund said to missing.

The money, according to SERAP, was meant to provide regular electricity supply for the country since 1999, and it is suspected to have “been stolen, mismanaged or diverted into private pockets.”

In the suit number FHC/L/CS/1119/2022 filed last week at the Federal High Court, Lagos, SERAP sought for “an order of mandamus to direct and compel President Buhari to investigate how over N11 trillion meant to provide regular electricity supply has been allegedly squandered by governments since 1999.”

This is coming after it was reported that Nigeria’s electricity grid has collapsed at least three times within five months, and 130 times in seven years, plunging many households across the country into darkness.

 

 

Continue Reading

Auto

Toyota-Suzuki joint SUV coming in August, Africa listed

Published

on

The collaboration between Toyota and Suzuki is set to manifest in concrete terms as Toyota says it will start the production of a new SUV model developed by Suzuki at Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd from August.

The Suzuki-developed SUV will come with mild and strong hybrid variants – made in India for both brands, multiple sources including motorauthority.com report.

The two companies are said to be planning to export the new model to markets outside India including Africa.

Toyota and Suzuki are promoting mutual supply of vehicles globally, which is one of the collaborations in their business partnership.
The two companies signed a memorandum of understanding for a business alliance in 2017. Since then, the two companies have been bringing together Toyota’s strength in electrification technologies and Suzuki’s strength in technologies for compact vehicles for joint collaboration in production and in the widespread popularization of electrified vehicles.
The powertrains of the new model to be on sale in India will be equipped with mild hybrid developed by Suzuki and strong hybrid developed by Toyota.
By bringing together strengths of both Toyota and Suzuki through the collaboration, the two companies say they will be able to provide a wide variety of vehicle electrification technologies to customers and contribute to the acceleration of electrification and the realization of a carbon-neutral society in India.

While Suzuki leads and understands the India market, Toyota brings hybrid tech to the table.

Maruti Suzuki India Limited and TKM will market the new model in India as Suzuki and Toyota models, respectively.

Continue Reading

Auto

Ford to end production of Focus in 2025

Published

on

Ford has confirmed that it will stop producing the Focus model in 2025, in a move that threatens the longer-term future of its Saarlouis, Germany plant that only makes that model.

Nigeria may not miss the exit of the Focus as it has not really been as popular as other Ford models such as the Escape, the Edge and Everest.

Ford however said that its plant in Saarlouis would continue to produce the Ford Focus passenger car, while the company is also evaluating options for future site concepts.
In Europe, Ford has emphasised the future role for electrified models – which includes its Cologne plant in Germany being a hub for EV production. It will build a new SUV based on VW’s MEB platform from 2023.
Ford also recently announced that its Valencia, Spain, plant would receive investment for making electric vehicles on a next-generation electric vehicle architecture.

 

Continue Reading

Trending