News

Atiku statement on Tinubu reckless – Presidency

The Presidency has condemned former Vice President Atiku Abubakar for implying that President Bola Tinubu is not working to resolve the economic and security challenges facing the country, describing it as reckless and playing politics with national issues.

The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in last year’s presidential election had urged the President to step aside for embarking on a private trip to Paris in the face of serious security and economic challenges.

In a post on his verified X handle, Atiku had said: “Tinubu is playing fiddle while Nigeria is drowning in the ocean of insecurity. To imagine that the Commander-in-Chief is on a so-called private visit while kidnappers kill a nursing mother and grandmother in Abuja for failing to pay N90 million ransom and two monarchs in Ekiti, among other regular tragedies besetting Nigerians.

“If the shoes are too big for Emilokan, he should step aside. Nigeria does not need another Tourist-in-Chief. The country needs 24/7 leadership to confront the pervasive insecurity and collapsing economy. – AA.”

But in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Mr Bayo Onanuga, the Presidency accused Abubakar of playing the ostrich and pretending not to see the around-the-clock efforts President Tinubu had been making to enable the country to achieve peace and prosperity.

“Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s statement accusing President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of fiddling amidst some security and economic challenges is to say the least, reckless.

 

 

“Coming days after he made an equally reckless allegation against the President on the crude for loan deal for NNPC Limited, his latest statement fell short of what is expected from an elder statesman.

“We like to believe that Alhaji Atiku is still not nursing the hangover of his electoral defeat and now latches on any issue to attack President Tinubu.

“President Tinubu did not travel without informing Nigerians of his whereabouts. He announced a private visit to France and announced a return date.

“While in France, President Tinubu has been following developments at home and he is on top of the situation in the country. Today’s (Tuesday’s) inauguration of the Tripartite Committee on National Minimum Wage bore his imprimatur.

“He is in constant touch with his officials and security chiefs and has directed them to stamp out every form of criminality in the country.

“He has particularly ordered them to apprehend those criminals responsible for the murder of two monarchs in Ekiti State and the kidnapping of some pupils in the state,” the statement said.

Trends Admin

Recent Posts

Edo Governor Okpebholo Names Mercy Johnson-Okojie Special Adviser

Edo Governor Okpebholo Names Mercy Johnson-Okojie Special Adviser Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, has appointed…

6 hours ago

Many Feared Dead as Suspected Lakurawa Militants Attack Kebbi Communities

Many Feared Dead as Suspected Lakurawa Militants Attack Kebbi Communities Dozens of people are feared…

6 hours ago

AMAC Polls Shock: Another PDP Candidate Withdraws from FCT Race, Backs APC

AMAC Polls Shock: Another PDP Candidate Withdraws from FCT Race, Backs APC Less than 48…

6 hours ago

Lagos Red Line: LAMATA Apologises Over AC Failure, Orders 24 New Coaches to Boost Capacity

Red Line Hiccup: LAMATA Apologises Over AC Failure, Orders 24 New Coaches to Boost Capacity…

7 hours ago

Updated: Rivers Senator Mpigi Barinada dies at 64

Updated: Rivers Senator Mpigi Barinada dies at 64 Lawmaker representing the South East Senatorial district…

8 hours ago

Railway track vandalism: Urgent need for laws prohibiting scrap/metal picking to protect critical assets

Railway track vandalism: Urgent need for laws prohibiting scrap/metal picking to protect critical assets  By…

8 hours ago