Three workers of the former President Olusegun Obasanjo abducted on Wednesday night have regained their freedom.
The victims: Financial controller, Group Auditor and Group Store manager of Obasanjo holdings were abducted at Seseri village, near Kobape in Obafemi-Owode local government area of the state.
The gunmen were said to have shot the Hilux van that was conveying the victims along the Kobape – Abeokuta expressway and dragged the victims into the bush before taking them to an unknown destination.
The victims were said to have been freed without paying any ransom.
State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Abimbola Oyeyemi, Friday night confirmed the release of the victims.
He said the victims were released following the pressure mounted on their abductors.
Oyeyemi said, the Anti-Kidnapping and SWAT operatives had been combing the bushes and mounting pressure on the hoodlums since the incident happened.
The PPRO said, “Yes, we mounted a lot of pressure on the kidnappers. Since yesterday, (Thursday) our Anti-kidnapping and SWAT operatives have been in the bush searching for them.”
“They were able to trace them to the bush behind Day Waterman college. They have been there since yesterday. This evening (Friday), they released them unhurt without any ransom.”
Inflation Slows to 15.10% as Food Prices Eased in January Nigeria’s inflation rate recorded…
Police Arrest 13 as Armed Robbers Engage Officers in Fierce Gun Battle in Abuja Operatives…
Bandits Kill Six, Burn Police Station in Fresh Niger Attacks At least six people have…
US Freezes Assets of Eight Nigerians Over Boko Haram, ISIL, Cybercrime Links The United States…
Appeal Court Ruling on VIO Limited to Abuja, Not Lagos — LASG The Lagos State…
FG Drags El-Rufai to Court Over Alleged NSA Phone Interception The Federal Government has…