Sports

Joshua moves out of mom’s £175k house ahead Dubois fight

Joshua moves out of mom’s £175k house ahead Dubois fight

Former heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua recently moved out of his mother’s north London flat into a new mansion.

The 2012 Olympic champion with nearly £100 million in the bank, revealed that he recently moved out and praised his mother, Yeta, adding that he stayed in his mother’s flat to ensure her well-being.

“I didn’t want to leave my mom alone,” he said on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs.

“I wanted to make sure that her foundations were strong—the nest was strong—so that when I leave, mom’s good. For me, that’s freedom. Knowing no matter where I am in the world, mom’s happy and taken care of.”

The British-Nigerian fighter will face fellow Brit Daniel Dubois on September 21 at Wembley Stadium in London for the IBF belt. This bout was arranged following the confirmation by current titleholder Oleksandr Usyk that he would vacate the world title.

Usyk became the first heavyweight to hold the IBF, WBO, WBA, and WBC belts when he defeated Tyson Fury in Saudi Arabia last month. However, he was set to be stripped of the IBF title, with the body stipulating he must face its mandatory challenger, Dubois, to retain it.

READ ALSO:

Dubois, who beat Filip Hrgovic to become interim IBF champion earlier in June, said he is determined to dethrone the two-time world champion, Joshua. “That’s just what I’m aiming for—to be the best,” Dubois said.

“To fight the best and beat the best. Joshua has been the king for a long time. On the night, I need to become the king slayer. That’s my goal, and that’s the mission I have. I’m ready to let my fists do the talking. A hundred percent ready to go, train like a beast. So bring it on.”

Joshua, 34, was beaten twice by Usyk in 2021 and 2022, while the Ukrainian knocked out Dubois last year. However, Joshua is currently on a four-fight winning streak, enjoying three stoppages in his last three outings. It will be his fourth appearance at Wembley, though Dubois will be stepping out as a main event at the national stadium for the first time.

“Congratulations to Daniel for winning his last fight (against Hrgovic); I went to watch it live,” Joshua said.

“It was a good fight between the two of them. I picked Dubois to win as well; I watch boxing closely, and I picked him before. He came through, and we are here. I’ve been having Dubois on my mind for a while. He’ll be on my mind for the next 12 weeks until I’ve got my hand raised.”

Joshua moves out of mom’s £175k house ahead Dubois fight

Trends Admin

Recent Posts

Tinubu Hails Wike as APC Dominates 2026 FCT Area Council Elections

Tinubu Hails Wike as APC Dominates 2026 FCT Area Council Elections President Bola Tinubu has…

4 hours ago

Regina Daniels Takes Delivery of ₦150m 2026 GAC Trumpchi M8 SUV

Regina Daniels Takes Delivery of ₦150m 2026 GAC Trumpchi M8 SUV Nollywood actress Regina Daniels…

4 hours ago

Dr Sanusi Lafiagi Highlights Ramadan’s Spiritual Blessings, Post-Ramadan Challenges

Dr Sanusi Lafiagi Highlights Ramadan’s Spiritual Blessings, Post-Ramadan Challenges Ilorin, Kwara State – Dr Sanusi…

5 hours ago

Assistant Commissioner of Police Dies in Fatal Road Accident

Assistant Commissioner of Police Dies in Fatal Road Accident The Assistant Commissioner of Police Abubakar…

5 hours ago

Reasons Behind UniAbuja’s Expulsion of 28 Students, Withdrawal of 15 Certificates

Reasons Behind UniAbuja’s Expulsion of 28 Students, Withdrawal of 15 Certificates The University of Abuja…

5 hours ago

Yoruba Muslim Group Dismisses Viral Ramadan Date Claim, Reaffirms Sultan of Sokoto’s Authority

Yoruba Muslim Group Dismisses Viral Ramadan Date Claim, Reaffirms Sultan of Sokoto’s Authority A Yoruba…

5 hours ago