Governor Samuel Ortom
JUST IN: ’46’ killed in fresh attack on Benue village
At least 46 people have been reportedly killed in Umogidi village of Entekpa-Adoka district in Otukpo Local Government Area of Benue State.
The same village suffered invasion by armed invaders on Tuesday during which three people were killed.
READ ALSO:
Chairman of Otukpo LGA, Bako Eje, whose son was also killed in the latest attack, told our correspondent on the telephone that the armed men surrounded the village again Wednesday evening barely 24-hours after the first attack and opened gunfire on the inhabitants.
Eje said so far, this afternoon (Thursday), 46 corpses have been recovered while many people are still missing.
The chairman said his son and other relatives were victims of the latest attack which occured about 5pm on Wednesday while mourners were burying the three other deceased.
Daily Trust
Independence Bridge repairs: Sanwo-Olu urges Lagos residents to work remotely Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor of Lagos, said…
Chinese man found with fake diplomatic number plate in Lagos The Lagos State Police Command has taken a…
Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt Senate President Godswill Akpabio has said he will…
Oyo PDP chieftain Adeojo dies, Makinde mourns Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has expressed deep sorrow…
Bayelsa govt gets court order to stop pro-Wike rally A High Court in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, has…
Petitioners mobilise constituents for fresh Natasha’s recall Following the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) dismissal of…