Naira Marley, Mohbad
Naira Marley mourns Mohbad, calls for probe into his death
The fast-rising singer, 27, passed away on Tuesday. He was laid to reston Wednesday.
In a statement on Friday, Naira Marley said he is “heartbroken” by Mohbad’s demise, adding that he will “truly be missed”.
The Marlian Record label boss said although they had “disagreements, no harm whatsoever was wished on Mohbad”.
Naira Marley also extended his condolences to the family of Mohbad while calling for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death.
“With heavy hearts we mourn the loss of an exceptional talent. Someone who was more than an artist or signee but a brother and dear friend Promise” Mohbad” Oladimeji Aloba,” the statement reads.
“We send our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones, we are all heartbroken by his tragic loss and will be truly missed.
“From inception we recognized Mohbad was a force to be reckoned with. His music gave so many people love and light.
“Mohbad touched us all with his heartfelt lyrics, story telling, infectious smile and energy. The news of his passing has left us with a permanent hole in our hearts.
“Mohbad is an incredible street pop star who contributed to the foundation of the Marlian Music. Despite his departure last year we continually championed his talent.
READ ALSO:
“No family is perfect, families have disagreements but no harm whatsoever was wished on Mohbad. So many things left unsaid but the love was always there. This tragedy is not only a loss for us but to everyone you touched musically around the world.
“As we share our condolences to the late Mohbad, we would like to echo a call for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death. We’re unhappy and unsettled with everything we have witnessed since Tuesday the 12th Sept. We owe it to Mohbad to assist with uncovering any foul play or injustice. Our brother deserved a better send off, it saddens us that we couldn’t assist with providing a befitting burial. We will continue our efforts to reach out to the family.
“We urge our colleagues in the media to treat this matter with the utmost sensitivity, respect and care. We publicly appeal to the authorities to do due diligence and we will work closely to support those handling the matter. Finally urge the online community to refrain from circulating damaging accusations that could compromise the investigation.”
The cause of Mohbad’s death is still unknown.
But Joseph Aloba, his father, revealed he died shortly after an auxiliary nurse was invited to give him an injection.
Omowunmi, the partner of Mohbad, also recounted the singer’s struggles when he was alive.
The police announced a comprehensive investigation into Mohbad’s death on Thursday.
Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council A 27-year -old man, Rabiu Suleiman, has reportedly…
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail A High Court in the…
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport Justice Deinde I. Dipeolu of the Federal High…
More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office There are indications that more…
Trump slams Nigeria with high tariff in shocking trade crackdown President Donald Trump has ignited a…
Barcelona beat Atletico to set up cup final against Real Madrid Barcelona narrowly edged past…