metro

Notorious terrorist kingpin begging to surrender – CDS Gen. Musa

Notorious terrorist kingpin begging to surrender – CDS Gen. Musa

Nigeria’s most wanted terrorist leader, Bello Turji, says he is ready to surrender, Chief of Defence Staff, General Christopher Musa, has said.

Already, his second in command and other lieutenants have been taken out by the military.

The Chief of Defence Staff said that Turji had been forced to discard most of those under him, signalling his willingness to lay down his arms.

Musa spoke on Channels TV Politics Today programme on Friday.

He said, “They (terrorists) are within the communities; the people know them. So, sometimes when they see them, before you get the information, it’s like two hours – the man has moved. So, when the information gets to you before you move, he has left that area.

“But I can tell you, we have taken out his second in command; we have taken out most of his lieutenants. In fact, he is forced now to release most of the people under him.

READ ALSO:

“Recently, he is beginning to say that he doesn’t want anything, he is ready to surrender.”

The Defence Chief maintained that Turji must be crushed, adding that anybody who had engaged in killing innocent citizens would not be spared.

“We want to take everybody out. Anybody who has killed should go, people like him should not be allowed to stay,” General Musa said.

The military on Wednesday said troops of Operation Fansan Yamma neutralised his second in command of notorious Aminu Kanawa.

A statement by the Defence Director, Edward Buba, said the troops also inflicted terminal injuries on some of Turji’s close allies identified as Dosso (Bello Turji’s younger brother) and Danbokolo (one of Turji’s closest allies).

The military also said the troops neutralised several of Bello Turji’s key commanders namely: Abu Dan Shehu, Jabbi Dogo, Dan Kane, Basiru Yellow, Kabiru Gebe, Bello Buba and Dan Inna Kahon-Saniya-Yafi-Bahaushe, among others.

Over 24 fleeing terrorists from Bello Turji’s Camp around Gebe and Isa LGA of Sokoto State, as well as around Gidan Rijiya in Shinkafi LGA of Zamfara State were also neutralised, according to the statement.

 

Notorious terrorist kingpin begging to surrender – CDS Gen. Musa

Trends Admin

Recent Posts

UTME: JAMB Clarifies Position on Hijab During Biometric Capture

UTME: JAMB Clarifies Position on Hijab During Biometric Capture The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board…

7 hours ago

NNPC CEO Ojulari Receives Prestigious Energy Institute Fellowship in London

NNPC CEO Ojulari Receives Prestigious Energy Institute Fellowship in London The Nigerian National Petroleum Company…

11 hours ago

FCT Polls: CSO Situation Room Flags Late Voting, Vote Buying, Logistical Challenges

FCT Polls: CSO Situation Room Flags Late Voting, Vote Buying, Logistical Challenges The Nigeria Civil…

11 hours ago

ADC Defeats APC to Win First Polling Unit in FCT Area Council Election

ADC Defeats APC to Win First Polling Unit in FCT Area Council Election The African…

12 hours ago

Trump Moves to Indefinitely Suspend Work Permits for Asylum Seekers

Trump Moves to Indefinitely Suspend Work Permits for Asylum Seekers United States President, Donald Trump,…

12 hours ago

Peller Escapes Generator Fire at Lagos Home, Recalls Earlier Lekki–Epe Scare

Peller Escapes Generator Fire at Lagos Home, Recalls Earlier Lekki–Epe Scare Nigerian TikTok sensation and…

12 hours ago