metro
Ogun man kills wife, burns corpse with iron
A 40-year-old woman, Folasade Badejo, has been allegedly killed by her husband, Oluranti Badejo, at their house in Orimerunmu, Mowe, in the Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.
PUNCH Metro learnt that Folasade, a fashion designer, on Wednesday, got into an argument with her husband over the payment of their three children’s school fees.
The argument was said to have degenerated into fisticuffs as 51-year-old Oluranti allegedly smashed Folasade’s head against the wall of their apartment.
She was said to have fallen.
Their eight-year-old daughter, Jumoke, reportedly said her father abandoned her mother on the floor, as she writhed in pain.
The victim was said to have died.
The suspect was alleged to have subsequently burnt her corpse with a hot iron.
Folasade’s younger brother, Lekan Yusuf, who spoke to our correspondent on Thursday, said he received a call on the incident from one of the couple’s neighbours.
He said, “On getting to their house on Wednesday morning, I saw my sister’s body was burnt with an electric iron and blood was still oozing out of her nostrils and ears.
READ ALSO:
- How I was framed for armed robbery, dumped in prison — 32-yr-old painter
- 2023: It’s reward time for Tinubu, say Kwara governor, senator
- Buhari Approves 12,000 Metric Tons Of Grains For Flood Victims
“The two of them always quarrelled just like any other couple and when I lived with them for three months, no day passed that he did not beat her, especially over money matters.
“On several occasions, even when I was living with them at Ajegunle, Oluranti beat my sister whenever he returned home from work, even when she was asleep.”
The victim’s elder sister, Ayoade Busola, said she learnt about the incident through a family member in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, who called her on the phone.
She said, “Immediately, my husband and I boarded a bike and rushed to their house only to see my sister’s lifeless body on the ground near the freezer with different parts of her body burnt with a pressing iron.
“I asked Oluranti what happened and he told me that when he came back from work on Tuesday night, she complained to him that the electricity connection to their apartment was faulty.
“He said after eating and retiring to bed, his daughter came to wake him up to see her mother, only for him to see her lifeless near the freezer as she had been electrocuted.
“When I looked at my sister’s hands, they were not burnt but other parts of her body were bruised, burnt and blood was still oozing out from her nostrils and ears.
“We later reported the case at the Mowe Police Station and when the officers came and looked at the body, they arrested him.”
The deceased’s father, Saheed Yusuf, demanded justice for Folasade.
Saheed said the couple’s daughter, Jumoke, told the police that her mother demanded school fees from her father and when they started to argue, he slammed her head against the wall.
He said, “Jumoke told us and the police that when she went to tell her father to take her mother to a hospital or call one Aunty Nurse who resided in the community to treat her mother, he told her that members of the OPC guarding the area would beat them if they ventured outside at that time of the day.”
PUNCH Metro learnt that Oluranti was arrested and taken to the Mowe Police Station.
He was said to have been transferred to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Eleweran.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident in a statement on Thursday.
Oyeyemi said the younger sister of the deceased reported the incident at the Mowe divisional police headquarters.
He said, “The lifeless body of the victim was taken to a mortuary in Sagamu for post-mortem examination.
“Preliminary investigation, however, revealed that the suspect strangled the deceased during a scuffle as a result of a minor disagreement.
“Having realised that he had killed his wife, the suspect used a hot iron to burn parts of the body of the deceased so as to look as if she was electrocuted. But unfortunately for him, their eight-year-old daughter was there and witnessed the whole thing.
“It was the daughter who testified seeing her father strangulating her deceased mother to death.”
![]()
metro
Former MFM Pastor Femi Jimoh Dies After Years of Detention, Legal Dispute
Former MFM Pastor Femi Jimoh Dies After Years of Detention, Legal Dispute
Former pastor of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, MFM, Femi Jimoh, has reportedly died, years after his release from a prolonged detention that became the centre of a bitter legal dispute involving the church.
Jimoh’s death was reported on Thursday, August 20, 2026, by UK-based Nigerian blogger Maureen Badejo and subsequently reported by Sahara Reporters and other media platforms. Reports said the former pastor had battled serious health challenges following his years in detention and an alleged gunshot injury to his leg. However, the specific cause of his death has not been independently established.
His death has brought renewed attention to the controversial case in which he and two other former MFM pastors were accused of conspiring to rob the church.
Jimoh was arrested in January 2008 and subsequently prosecuted alongside Henry Aiyewero and Caleb Oloruntele over allegations connected with a planned robbery of MFM.
Court records later showed that Jimoh remained in custody for about eight years before he was discharged and acquitted by a Lagos State High Court. The National Industrial Court, in a subsequent judgment concerning his employment dispute with MFM, noted that he had been arrested on January 25, 2008, prosecuted for robbery and conspiracy to rob the church, and remained incarcerated until his acquittal and discharge.
Following his release, Jimoh became increasingly vocal about his experience in detention. His account gained widespread attention after a 2024 interview with Yoruba Gidi TV, during which he alleged that his ordeal had begun after he encountered Michael Gbadamosi, who was then the Chief Security Officer to MFM founder, Pastor Daniel Olukoya, at the residence of a native doctor.
Jimoh alleged that he was subsequently arrested and detained without knowing the offence for which he was being held.
He further claimed that he was initially kept in a cell for about 30 days without access to a lawyer and was later subjected to physical abuse.
According to his account, he was handcuffed and transported in the boot of a vehicle before being taken to Olukoya’s residence. He alleged that he pleaded with the MFM founder not to allow him to be returned to police custody because he did not understand why he was being detained.
Jimoh also made the serious allegation that a Divisional Police Officer shot him in the leg during his detention.
He claimed that he was subsequently taken to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, where he and others allegedly spent several weeks before being charged with offences including conspiracy, armed robbery and felony. These allegations were made by Jimoh and have not been independently established as facts.
The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries strongly rejected Jimoh’s allegations.
In a statement issued in 2024, the church denied that it or its General Overseer, Pastor Daniel Olukoya, had imprisoned Jimoh or Caleb Oloruntele for nine years.
MFM’s Chief Legal Adviser, Davidson Adejuwon, described the allegations as false and maintained that the church did not frame the former pastors or cause them to remain in custody. The church also disputed claims that Olukoya had used his influence to secure their prolonged detention.
MFM maintained that the criminal case was a matter between the accused persons and the relevant law-enforcement and prosecuting authorities, rather than an action in which the church had unlawfully detained them.
The controversy did not end with Jimoh’s release.
He subsequently instituted proceedings concerning his employment relationship with MFM, including claims relating to his salary and employment status during the period he was incarcerated.
In its judgment, the National Industrial Court examined the circumstances surrounding his arrest and prolonged incarceration.
The court record stated that MFM had argued that Jimoh had effectively abandoned his employment because of his prolonged absence. The church also maintained that his arrest and prosecution were undertaken by the police and the Lagos State authorities and were not caused by the church in the manner alleged by Jimoh.
The court, however, found that Jimoh could not reasonably be regarded as having voluntarily absconded from work because he was in custody following his arrest and prosecution. The judgment noted that he had remained incarcerated for about eight years until his acquittal and discharge.
The legal battle therefore became a separate chapter in the long-running controversy surrounding his relationship with the church.
The criminal case eventually ended in Jimoh’s favour when the Lagos State High Court discharged and acquitted him and the other defendants.
The acquittal became a central part of Jimoh’s subsequent public account of his experience, particularly his argument that he had spent years in custody over allegations he maintained were unfounded.
However, the acquittal did not resolve all the disagreements between Jimoh and MFM, with the former pastor continuing to make allegations against the church and its leadership, while MFM consistently rejected his claims.
Jimoh’s reported death has now revived public interest in the circumstances surrounding his arrest, years-long detention and subsequent legal battles.
His supporters and commentators have questioned why he spent so many years in custody before the conclusion of his trial, while others have pointed to the need to distinguish between allegations made by the late pastor and matters established by the courts.
For now, reports surrounding his death remain subject to further confirmation, particularly regarding the circumstances and medical cause of his passing.
The controversy surrounding his detention also remains a complex matter involving allegations by Jimoh, denials by MFM and documented court proceedings.
As news of his death spread on Thursday, tributes and reactions began emerging online, with many Nigerians recalling the former pastor’s emotional accounts of his years in custody and the prolonged dispute that followed his release.
Jimoh’s death marks the end of the life of a former MFM minister whose name became closely associated with one of the most controversial detention and church-related legal disputes to attract significant public attention in Nigeria in recent years.
For the family, former colleagues and supporters, however, the immediate focus is likely to be on mourning his passing, while questions surrounding his long detention and the events that followed continue to generate public debate.
Former MFM Pastor Femi Jimoh Dies After Years of Detention, Legal Dispute
![]()
metro
40 Feared Dead as Overloaded Boat Carrying Farmers and Children Capsizes in Sokoto
metro
EFCC arraigns two over alleged unlawful supply of FCMB access credentials
EFCC arraigns two over alleged unlawful supply of FCMB access credentials
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arraigned two men before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, over the alleged unlawful supply of bank access credentials capable of providing access to the database of First City Monument Bank (FCMB).
The defendants, Gideon Bakpa Aghogho and Oscar Ebere Chukwuebuka, were arraigned on Wednesday by the Lagos Zonal Directorate 1 of the EFCC before Justice F.N. Ogazi on an eight-count charge bordering on the alleged unlawful disclosure and supply of access credentials to the bank’s computer system.
A third suspect, identified simply as Scott, was also named in the charges but remains at large.
The offences were brought under Sections 27 and 28(1)(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, Etc.) Act, 2015, as amended in 2024, according to the prosecution.
One of the counts alleged that the defendants, between July 24 and July 26, 2026, conspired to supply Aghogho’s access code to the FCMB system through a local administrative credential.
The EFCC alleged that the credential was capable of granting access to the bank’s Virtual Centre Platform and was supplied with the intention of using the access to commit an offence.
In another count, the commission alleged that Aghogho, sometime between April and May 2025, knowingly and without lawful authority disclosed sensitive credentials connected to FCMB’s systems.
READ ALSO:
- PBAT Door-to-Door Movement Holds Kano Rally, Strengthens APC Ties Ahead of 2027
- Security Forces Kill 24 Bandits, Foil Mass Abduction Plot in Katsina Community
- FG strengthens emergency response, releases medical hotlines for Nigerians
According to the prosecution, the information allegedly included the bank’s server IP and domain credentials, which could be used to gain access to the bank’s database.
The EFCC further alleged that the credentials were supplied in exchange for $15,000.
When the charges were read to the defendants, Aghogho pleaded not guilty, while Chukwuebuka pleaded guilty.
Following Aghogho’s plea, EFCC prosecution counsel Bilkisu Buhari asked the court to fix a date for trial and sought an order for his remand in a correctional facility.
In relation to Chukwuebuka, who entered a guilty plea, the prosecution requested an opportunity to review the facts of the case before proceeding with the matter.
Justice Ogazi subsequently adjourned the case until August 27, 2026, for review of facts and other proceedings.
The judge also ordered that both defendants be remanded in a correctional centre pending the next hearing.
The case centres on allegations involving the unauthorised disclosure and supply of privileged banking-system credentials, raising wider concerns about the security of financial institutions’ digital infrastructure.
Administrative credentials can provide elevated access to computer systems and, if improperly disclosed or used, may expose sensitive databases and other protected resources to unauthorised persons. The alleged conduct in this case is therefore being prosecuted under Nigeria’s cybercrime legislation.
The EFCC’s allegations, however, have not been established as facts by the court. The prosecution will be required to prove its case through evidence, while the defendants remain entitled to the presumption of innocence until otherwise determined by the court.
The case will return before Justice Ogazi on August 27 for further proceedings.
EFCC arraigns two over alleged unlawful supply of FCMB access credentials
![]()
-
metro3 days agoPalliative Care, Not Abandonment: Doctor Clears the Air on Ogogo’s Stage-Four Cancer Treatment
-
Insurance2 days agoNAICOM revokes Universal Insurance licence over ₦15bn capital shortfall
-
Education3 days agoWAEC 2026 results: Schools raise alarm over alleged grading anomalies
-
Entertainment3 days agoVeteran Nollywood Actor Ogogo Battles Stage-4 Cancer as Daughters Beg for Treatment
-
metro3 days agoLagos Pensioners Give Sanwo-Olu 19-Day Ultimatum: Implement Wage Award or Face ‘Mother of All Protests’
-
Politics3 days ago‘No Electoral Agreement with ADC’ – Adeleke Rejects Collaboration Claims, Credits God
-
Politics3 days agoOsun guber: APC rejects Adeleke’s victory, begins audit of INEC results
-
metro3 days agoOver 50 Killed, Scores Injured as Gunmen Attack Mangu Communities in Plateau
