About 24 hours after it was reported that Olu of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli, was dead, latest report from the palace of the king says he is alive and only indisposed.
Director of Palace Administration, Olu of Warri Palace, Chief Maleghemi, on Tuesday, announced that the reported death of king was false.
He said this in a statement in Warri, which was made available to journalists.
The statement read, “The attention of the Palace of His Royal Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli, the Olu of Warri, had been drawn to news/social media publications announcing the sudden demise of His Majesty.
“We wish to notify the general public that His Majesty is indisposed and currently receiving medical attention from a team of qualified medical specialists.
“Any further information on the subject would be made known to the general public by the office of the traditional Prime Minister of Warri Kingdom, Ayirimi Emami, who is the Ologbotsere of Warri kingdom.”
The monarch was said to have died on Monday morning of complications arising from COVID-19, having reportedly met with the late Major General John Irefin, who died earlier this month of the disease.
Two Killed, Five Injured as Violence Erupts at APC Ward Congress in Ondo Idanre, Ondo…
Tragic Tree Collapse in Enugu Kills 18 Passengers on Commercial Bus Awhum, Udi LGA, Enugu…
Carbon Monoxide Leak Kills 37 Miners in Plateau Kampani Zurak, Wase LGA, Plateau State —…
BREAKING: Tinubu Assents to 2026 Electoral Act, Sets Stage for 2027 Elections President Bola Ahmed…
Korope Drivers Shut Down Lekki–Epe Expressway Over Lagos Ban (Video) LAGOS, Nigeria — Tension erupted…
Kano Closes Entertainment Centres Ahead of Ramadan The Kano State Government has ordered the immediate…