Plateau State Governor Simon Lalong has re-imposed a 24-hour curfew on Jos North Local Government Area of the state following in the wake of the attack on Yelwa Zangam community in the local government where about 36 people were killed.
Several houses were also said to have been set ablaze in the attack that took place between Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.
Police spokesperson in the state, Ubah Ogaba, confirmed the incident, on Wednesday, adding that officers had been deployed to “restore peace and to fish out the perpetrators”.
Governor Lalong, reacting to the killing in a statement issued by Makut Macham, his director of press and public affairs, said the attack was “carefully planned”.
The governor said his government would not allow criminals to “rubbish all investment” made in the state.
“Lalong is furious over the incident which security reports indicate was carefully planned as the bridge linking the village was said to have been destroyed to deny security forces access to the area during the attack,” the statement reads.
It added, “Governor Lalong again warns criminals that they will be pursued, arrested, and dealt with, no matter how long it takes, as his administration will not allow the reign of terror to persist and rubbish all the investments made in restoring calm in the State.”
The curfew first imposed on the people of the area on August 15 after Muslim worshippers were attacked was relaxed three days later.
Two Killed, Five Injured as Violence Erupts at APC Ward Congress in Ondo Idanre, Ondo…
Tragic Tree Collapse in Enugu Kills 18 Passengers on Commercial Bus Awhum, Udi LGA, Enugu…
Carbon Monoxide Leak Kills 37 Miners in Plateau Kampani Zurak, Wase LGA, Plateau State —…
BREAKING: Tinubu Assents to 2026 Electoral Act, Sets Stage for 2027 Elections President Bola Ahmed…
Korope Drivers Shut Down Lekki–Epe Expressway Over Lagos Ban (Video) LAGOS, Nigeria — Tension erupted…
Kano Closes Entertainment Centres Ahead of Ramadan The Kano State Government has ordered the immediate…