Marcus Rashford
Rashford hints at Man United exit
Rashford was controversially dropped from the squad that faced rivals Manchester City on Sunday fueling speculation over his future.
In a wide-ranging interview published on Tuesday, he told Henry Winter that “personally, I think I’m ready for a new challenge and the next steps.”
“When I leave it’s going to be ‘no hard feelings’,” he said. “You’re not going to have any negative comments from me about Manchester United. That’s me as a person.
“If I know that a situation is already bad I’m not going to make it worse. I’ve seen how other players have left in the past and I don’t want to be that person.
“When I leave I’ll make a statement and it will be from me.”
READ ALSO:
Rashford made his senior debut in 2015 after rising through the club’s academy and has scored 138 goals in 426 appearances.
He has won two FA Cups and the Europa League for the Red Devils but his form has suffered over the past 18 months, scoring only 15 goals in all competitions since the end of the 2022/23 season.
He was also frozen out of the England squad for Euro 2024 and was reportedly put up for sale on Monday.
“I’m halfway through my career,” he added. “I don’t expect my peak to be now. I’ve had nine years so far in the Premier League and that’s taught me a lot, that’s helped me grow as a player and as a person.
“I don’t have any regrets from the last nine years. I won’t have any regrets going forward because I take things day by day and sometimes bad things happen, sometimes good things happen. I just try and keep a fine balance.”
When asked if the best is yet to come, Rashford replied: “100%. That’s my mentality.”
Two Killed, Five Injured as Violence Erupts at APC Ward Congress in Ondo Idanre, Ondo…
Tragic Tree Collapse in Enugu Kills 18 Passengers on Commercial Bus Awhum, Udi LGA, Enugu…
Carbon Monoxide Leak Kills 37 Miners in Plateau Kampani Zurak, Wase LGA, Plateau State —…
BREAKING: Tinubu Assents to 2026 Electoral Act, Sets Stage for 2027 Elections President Bola Ahmed…
Korope Drivers Shut Down Lekki–Epe Expressway Over Lagos Ban (Video) LAGOS, Nigeria — Tension erupted…
Kano Closes Entertainment Centres Ahead of Ramadan The Kano State Government has ordered the immediate…