Categories: Politics

INEC suspends online continuous voter registration in Lagos

The Independent National Electoral Commission says it will temporarily suspend the online Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) application process in Lagos to give room for those already registered to check for correctness of their information supplied during the registration.

This was disclosed in a statement by INEC on Monday, in Lagos, in a bid to evaluate the process so far in the state.

INEC added that the process, which also involves biometric registration would be suspended from Tuesday, September 21, 2021.

“The exercise, based on the approved timelines and schedule, will start on September 24 and end on September 30 2021,” INEC said.

“The temporary CVR stoppage is to give room for all registrants to check for appropriateness or otherwise of their information supplied during the registration.

“The 7-day long activities are also to raise objections (if any) about names that are not supposed to be on the register, like names of dead persons, foreigners and Nigerians below the age of 18.

“The Commission will also use the period for other necessary housekeeping (backend) activities in preparation for the next quarter,” they added.

INEC stated that the names of all approved registrants will also be displayed publicly at the local government INEC offices in all the 20 local government areas of Lagos state, urging the support of the masses with information gathering.

Trends Admin

Recent Posts

Tinubu appoints Enitan as Head of Civil Service

Tinubu appoints Enitan as Head of Civil Service   President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed…

3 hours ago

Armed Men Raze ADC Chieftain’s House, Beat Family Members in Rivers Attack

Armed Men Raze ADC Chieftain's House, Beat Family Members in Rivers Attack Thomas Isaiah recounts…

6 hours ago

Lagos declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese Day celebration

Lagos declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese Day celebration The Lagos State Government has declared…

7 hours ago

South African Consulate Denies Visa Restrictions on Nigerians

South African Consulate Denies Visa Restrictions on Nigerians Consul General confirms visa services continue as…

7 hours ago

2027: Peter Obi lost his chance when he left ADC for NDC – Fayose

2027: Peter Obi lost his chance when he left ADC for NDC – Fayose Former…

7 hours ago

Fuel subsidy: FG records N20.4tn extra resources, spends N30.6tn, says Oyedele

Fuel subsidy: FG records N20.4tn extra resources, spends N30.6tn, says Oyedele The Federal Government generated…

8 hours ago