President Muhammadu Buhari has postponed his scheduled trip to London, the United Kingdom (UK), for a medical follow-up visit.
This was contained in a statement issued on Friday by Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina.
According to the statement, the Presidency would subsequently announce a new date for the scheduled trip.
“The medical follow-up visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to United Kingdom earlier scheduled for today, Friday, June 25, 2021, has been postponed.
“A new date will be announced in due course,” the statement said.
It would be recalled that the President informed Nigerians, via a statement issued on Thursday afternoon by Adesina, about his plan to leave the country on Friday (today).
“President Muhammadu Buhari will proceed to London, the United Kingdom on Friday, June 25, 2021, for a scheduled medical follow-up.
“He is due back in the country during the second week of July, 2021,” he had said on Thursday.
It would also be recalled that the President left the country for a medical check-up in London earlier in the year, between March 30 and April 16, 2021.
NNPC CEO Ojulari Receives Prestigious Energy Institute Fellowship in London The Nigerian National Petroleum Company…
FCT Polls: CSO Situation Room Flags Late Voting, Vote Buying, Logistical Challenges The Nigeria Civil…
ADC Defeats APC to Win First Polling Unit in FCT Area Council Election The African…
Trump Moves to Indefinitely Suspend Work Permits for Asylum Seekers United States President, Donald Trump,…
Peller Escapes Generator Fire at Lagos Home, Recalls Earlier Lekki–Epe Scare Nigerian TikTok sensation and…
Abuja Church Expels Newly Married Woman Over Refusal to Consummate Marriage An Abuja-based church has…