International

We’ll bomb B’Haram, other terrorists across Africa, says US Air force

We’ll bomb B’Haram, other terrorists across Africa, says US Air force

Gen. James Hecker, Commander of the U.S. Air Forces, Europe and Africa (USAFE-AFAFRICA), says the U.S. Air Force will carry out airstrikes against terrorist targets across Africa.

Hecker stated this at a digital news conference while attending the 2025 African Air Chiefs’ Symposium (AACS), on Wednesday in Lusaka, Zambia.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the digital conference was organised to enable Gen. Hecker to discuss U.S. commitments to military partnerships with African nations and AACS operations.

Hecker said terrorist groups like ISIS were high-value targets that threatened African nations and the U.S., and would be targeted by the U.S, as it did against ISIS in Somalia recently.

“They are significant high-value targets that threaten African nations and threaten the United States.

“So we will continue to go after terrorist organisations that threaten our African partners as well as the United States,” he said.

Hecker said that the U.S. was willing to collaborate with African air forces, not only by way of security support, but also through humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts.

READ ALSO:

On Boko Haram insurgency, and how the U.S. Air Force can help the Nigerian military achieve air superiority over the terrorists, he said the U.S. had already been supporting Nigeria.

“Well, I think as you know, the U.S. Government has provided training and equipment to Nigeria for quite a while, so hopefully that will help them out.

“But what we’re looking at in this conference is not that. We’re not talking about air superiority or conflict.

“We’re talking about how we can help each other – African nations can help one another – and that’s what the goal of this conference is,” Hecker said.

We’ll bomb B’Haram, other terrorists across Africa, says US Air force

Trends Admin

Recent Posts

Tinubu appoints Enitan as Head of Civil Service

Tinubu appoints Enitan as Head of Civil Service   President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed…

3 hours ago

Armed Men Raze ADC Chieftain’s House, Beat Family Members in Rivers Attack

Armed Men Raze ADC Chieftain's House, Beat Family Members in Rivers Attack Thomas Isaiah recounts…

6 hours ago

Lagos declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese Day celebration

Lagos declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese Day celebration The Lagos State Government has declared…

6 hours ago

South African Consulate Denies Visa Restrictions on Nigerians

South African Consulate Denies Visa Restrictions on Nigerians Consul General confirms visa services continue as…

7 hours ago

2027: Peter Obi lost his chance when he left ADC for NDC – Fayose

2027: Peter Obi lost his chance when he left ADC for NDC – Fayose Former…

7 hours ago

Fuel subsidy: FG records N20.4tn extra resources, spends N30.6tn, says Oyedele

Fuel subsidy: FG records N20.4tn extra resources, spends N30.6tn, says Oyedele The Federal Government generated…

8 hours ago