Frank Edoho and Sandra Onyenucheya
Frank Edoho Denies Estranged Wife’s Allegations, Initiates Legal Battle
LAGOS — Media personality Frank Edoho has denied allegations recently circulated against him, insisting that the claims are false and would be addressed through the appropriate legal channels, as the popular “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” host faces explosive accusations of domestic violence, infidelity, and financial misconduct from his estranged wife, Sandra Onyenucheya.
In a statement released on Wednesday on his verified Instagram account, Edoho said he was aware of the public attention generated by the allegations but maintained that “the allegations made against me are false.” The broadcaster stated that he deliberately chose not to engage in a public battle over the accusations, saying, “There are times when restraint is not weakness but wisdom, and this is one of them. I have chosen to address these issues through the appropriate legal channels, where facts, not noise, will prevail.”
The controversy began days earlier when Sandra Onyenucheya took to her Instagram page to publish a lengthy exposé titled “Surviving Frank Edoho.” In a series of posts, she shared graphic photographs displaying extensive bruising and bodily injuries, alongside private chat logs, bank statements, and long textual narratives describing a toxic domestic environment. Among her most serious claims was an allegation that Edoho had directly threatened her life during a physical altercation. According to Sandra, the broadcaster allegedly used a heavy dumbbell and threatened to smash her face to ensure no other man finds her attractive again, an encounter she claims ultimately forced her to leave the matrimonial home permanently.
Sandra also accused Edoho of engaging in extramarital affairs with multiple women throughout their marriage, sharing alleged chat logs and evidence of his movements from lounges to hotels. She further alleged that Edoho sold her property without her consent, including a house whose kitchen alone cost her almost the amount for which Edoho sold the entire property. Additional allegations included claims of emotional abuse, financial recklessness with her money, and pressuring her to abort their second child. Sandra also alleged that Edoho’s abuse extended to her domestic staff.
READ ALSO:
Edoho firmly rejected the claims, stressing: “Let me state, clearly and unequivocally, that the allegations made against me are false.” Explaining his decision to avoid a public confrontation, Edoho said restraint was necessary in handling sensitive matters of this nature. “At moments such as this, experience teaches that not every accusation merits a public contest, nor does every provocation require an answer in the court of public opinion. There are times when restraint is not weakness but wisdom, and this is one of them,” he said. He added that the matter is now being addressed through legal processes. “I have chosen to address these issues through the appropriate legal channels, where facts, not noise, will prevail.”
Edoho also expressed regret that individuals unconnected to the matter had been dragged into public discourse, apologising to those whose privacy and identities had been affected. “I am deeply saddened that during this situation, individuals who have absolutely no connection to these issues have had their names, identities, and privacy drawn into public discourse. For that, I am sincerely sorry,” he wrote. He further extended an apology to his sponsors, brand partners, collaborators, and professional associates for any reputational damage or discomfort caused by the controversy. “I regret any discomfort, concern, or reputational inconvenience this situation may have caused them. I remain deeply appreciative of the confidence they have placed in me,” he said.
The media personality added that since the matter was already before relevant authorities and courts, it would be inappropriate for him to make further comments. “Because these issues are now the subject of ongoing legal and investigative processes before the relevant authorities and the courts, it would be inappropriate for me to make further substantive comments at this time,” he stated. He expressed confidence in the legal process and reiterated his commitment to handling the matter “responsibly, respectfully, and with dignity.” “I have every confidence in the processes now underway and will continue to engage them with the seriousness and respect they deserve,” Edoho said.
READ ALSO:
Describing the situation as difficult for his family, Edoho appealed for privacy for his children, stressing that they should not bear the burden of public scrutiny. “This is an especially difficult period, most of all for my children, who neither chose this moment nor deserve to bear the weight of public intrusion arising from it. I respectfully ask that their privacy be protected, and that space be given for the lawful processes now underway to run their course,” he said. “Above all, I am a father, deeply committed to the welfare, dignity, and protection of my children,” he stated.
Just days before Sandra’s allegations went public, Edoho had given an interview on the YouTube channel “Outside The Box” where he spoke candidly about male vulnerability and his fears regarding death. “I don’t want to go to the gates of heaven and they ask me what killed me and they say it’s a woman. Whether that woman be my daughter, my wife, my mother, I don’t want that. I don’t want that to be my way out of this portal,” he said in the interview released on Saturday. The broadcaster also disclosed that he had gone through a very dark personal period for two years without telling anyone, revealing how his years in broadcasting taught him to maintain a “poker face” regardless of his internal struggles. “For two years, there was a couple of years back I was in a very dark hole but nobody knew. I just said, you know what, this is a journey I have to make on myself to reorganise myself. And I’m happy I did. But at the time, I thought that the walls were caving in,” he said.
This is not the first time domestic violence allegations have surfaced against the popular TV host. Edoho was previously married to TV personality Katherine Obiang, with whom he had three children. Their marriage ended in 2010 after seven years, following allegations of domestic violence raised by Ms Obiang. In a 2025 interview on the WithChude podcast, Edoho opened up about his relationship with his ex-wife, describing their union as a “mismatch” and admitting that both parties shared responsibility for their challenges. “I’m not going to say it was only her fault; it was my fault too, but not in the way people were depicting it,” he said. Edoho revealed that the domestic violence allegations from his first marriage nearly cost him his role as host of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.” He recalled being summoned by the show’s sponsors while in the UK and having to return to Lagos to defend himself. “They said I’m not going to present this show anymore because of those rumors. I got on a flight the following morning to attend a meeting with them. After listening to them, I told them I’ll tell them everything starting from when I was dating. By the time I reached marriage and the birth of my son and first daughter, two of the ladies were crying,” he recounted.
Edoho married Sandra Onyenucheya, the CEO of Vivabella Designs, in a traditional ceremony in 2013 while she was expecting their son. They welcomed their first child in 2014, a second in 2016, and held a private white wedding in 2017. The couple announced the end of their marriage in June 2025, with Edoho stating at the time that “life unfolded in different seasons” and that choosing to move on quietly remained the most dignified path. The public dispute began when a leaked audio clip surfaced online, sparking rumors of a romantic relationship between Sandra and Nigerian singer Chike. Frank Edoho addressed the issue by confirming their two-year separation and ongoing divorce, which implied the separation rumors were true. Refusing to let that narrative stand, Sandra took to her social media page to counter the claims, asserting that she was a faithful wife throughout their marriage. She explained that she only met Chike for business in 2024 and became friends in 2025 long after her separation from Edoho, making any accusations of cheating completely false.
As the legal battle unfolds, both parties have indicated they will allow the courts to determine the facts of the case. Edoho has made it clear he will not be making further public comments on the matter, leaving the resolution to the judicial system. “I know that truth does not become weaker because it is challenged, nor does character become diminished by accusation alone,” Edoho stated in his statement. “I remain committed to handling this situation responsibly, respectfully, and with dignity.” The public has been urged to respect the privacy of the children involved and to allow the legal process to run its course without interference. For now, the truth remains a matter for the courts to determine, as Frank Edoho awaits his day in court.
Hajj 2026: Arafat Sermon to be Translated into Yoruba, Hausa, 33 Other Languages MAKKAH — As…
Driving Lesson Turns Deadly: How a Learner Driver Crushed Three Siblings to Death in Rivers…
How Gunmen Disguised as NDLEA Operatives Killed Jos Chief at Pepper Soup Joint JOS — Yusuf…
We Have Conflict Resolution Mechanisms No Other Party Has – APC Chairman LAGOS — The National…
Aston Villa Win Europa League to End 30-Year Trophy Drought ISTANBUL — Aston Villa have won…
Coup Plot: How conspirators planned to cut power to Aso Rock – Witness tells court…