Connect with us

metro

I became armed robber after I dropped out in JSS 3 – 16-yr-old who rapes older women confesses

Published

on

–Rapes older women, introduced to robbery by brother

A 16-year-old boy has narrated to an Akure Chief Magistrate’s court how he robbed and raped some older women in the Okitipupa council area of Ondo State.

The accused person who said he became an armed robber after he dropped out of school in JSS 3 was arraigned before the Chief Magistrate’s court for conspiracy, armed robbery and rape.

He told the court how he robbed and raped his victims in Sekere Camp in the council area of the state.

He has since been ordered to be remanded in a juvenile detention centre by the Chief Magistrates’ Court.

The accused person who claimed he worked on his father’s farm allegedly, committed the offences on November 24, 2021, at about 12:30 p.m., at Sekere Camp, Okitipupa.

The State Prosecutor, Oluwasegun Akeredolu told the court that the accused person and others now at large did conspire with others to commit the offences of armed robbery and rape.

He was said to have robbed one Serifat Tijani of N15,000, while armed with a dangerous weapon.

Akeredolu said the accused person also attempted to have unlawful carnal knowledge of Tijani after he had robbed her of her money but did not succeed due to the help of people who ran to the scene to rescue her.

The prosecutor added that the accused person also broke into the house of another victim, Mewo Kolawole and stole clothes belonging to his children.

The offences contravened Sections 410, 390 (9), 6 (b), 1 (2) (a) and (b) 359, 411 and 2 (2) (a)  of the Robbery and Firearms (Special Provisions) Act, Cap RIl, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.

The plea of the accused person was not taken.

The accused person was not represented by any lawyer, told the court that he did not act alone but has a boss whom he delivers stolen items to anytime he goes out for robbery.

READ ALSO:

He said that he had lost his mother and two younger brothers, and since then his father has been the one taking care of him.

According to him “I dropped out from school when I finished my JSS3 examination when my father could no longer sponsor me. I became a street boy. That was how I met one brother in our camp named Ola Igbekoyi who introduced me to armed robbery.”

“I attended  St Breeders primary school Lamidifa along Ode Irele Road, Ondo State. Later I was admitted into Adetola Model College, Idi Mango, Ore, in Ondo State. I left school due to financial constraints. Since then I have been involved in armed robbery,” he hinted.

He confessed that he had been stealing cocoa beans from different farms in Araromi, and was apprehended by the community people on one of the occasions.

According to him,  his father was fined some amount of money: a male goat, and also a lot of alcoholic drinks and he did as they demanded before they could release him.

He fingered Igbekoyi as his boss who taught him how to rob.

“He sent me to rob one woman in August, which I succeeded in by forcefully collecting N3,200 from her, and raped her while I threatened her with a matchet. I gave the money to Ola Igbekoyi, he gave me N1,200 out of the money.

“In November, I went to a farm close to my house, based on the information given to me by my boss. When I got to the farm, I met the woman and greeted her, she asked if I needed money to eat and I answered her by stretching my hand with the hope of collecting the money instead of giving me the money, she took it to her heels.

“I ran after her and she fell down and got injured. She tried to collect the cutlass from me and at the same time asked what I wanted and I told her that I needed her money and she gave me N15,000. And my boss gave me N5,000 from the money.

“I was about to rape the woman when I was arrested ”

According to him, Igbekoyi popularly known as Sheboy was an ex-convict who lured him into the act names who to rob.

Akeredolu urged the court to adjourn the case to enable him to prepare his documents to arraign the accused in the proper court.

The presiding Magistrate, Chief Magistrate Folasade Aduroja in her ruling ordered that the accused person be remanded in the Juvenile Home.

Aduroja has adjourned the matter till February 8, 2022, for his arraignment in family court.

Vanguard

metro

Father, daughters, relation die after ‘amala’ meal in Kogi

Published

on

Commissioner of Police, Kogi State Police Command, CP Edward Egbuk

The people of Mopa town in the Mopa-Muro Local Government Area of Kogi State have been thrown into mourning following the mysterious death of four members of a family after reportedly eating a cassava flour meal known as ‘Amala.’

The deceased died in quick succession between Friday, September 30 and Sunday, October 2.

Those who died included the family head, Pa. Motilewa, two daughters and a girl who is said to be their relation.

One of the deceased daughters identified as Motun was a National Certificate of Education holder and teacher in the town. The mother, however, miraculously survived.

The event has left residents of the town and the entire neighbourhood in mourning, fear and confusion, with many calling for an investigation into the death of the family members.

It was gathered that the family prepared the ‘Amala’ meal from the left over of cassava flour from which they had previously made and eaten ‘Fufu’. They were said to have spread the processed shafts in the sun to dry for some days.

READ ALSO:

The dried flakes were subsequently ground into soft powder which was used for ‘Amala’ which they ate on Thursday evening, before retiring to bed.

An eyewitness reported that the victims became sick overnight and efforts were made to stabilise them. Unfortunately, the youngest member of the family passed away on Friday, quickly followed on Saturday by the relation living with the family.

With the sudden passage, the others were moved to the highly rated ECWA Hospital, Egbe, for better medical attention.

Sadly, the eldest of the daughters, Motun, gave up the ghost at about 3:00am Sunday. The father also died later the same Sunday.

At the time of filing this report, the mother, identified as Molomo, was still alive in the hospital and under a close observation.

Members of the community are said to be suspecting foul play in the sudden death and have, therefore, suspended the burial for proper investigations to unravel the cause of their deaths.

“We are shocked. I have never seen a thing like this. We suspect that someone may have poisoned the food. For what? We cannot tell. I’m confused and in pains. This is too much to bear,” a member of the family lamented.

Earlier in August this year, five persons lost their lives after eating a cassava flour meal prepared at their family house in Usugnwe-Okaito, Okehi local government area of Kogi State.

Eagle

Continue Reading

metro

Building collapse claims one as flood displaces 651,053 in Anambra communities

Published

on

Flood in Anambra

One person died in Enugu-Otu, Aguleri in Anambra State, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed.

The Acting State Coordinator, Mr. Thickman Tanimu who disclosed this to reporters on Monday, said the deceased, identified as Ginikanwa Izuoba passed on following sudden collapse of his apartment occasioned by impact of the flood.

He further hinted that no fewer than 651,053 persons were rendered homeless by the disaster in six local government areas of the state.

He added that Ogbaru Local Government Area recorded highest number of victims followed by Anambra East and West Local Government Areas.

READ ALSO:

“NEMA, accompanied by officials of Anambra State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, visited Umueze-Anam, Mkpunando, Igbedo, Inoma and Ifite-Ogwari all in Anambra East and Anyamelum Council Areas,” he said.

Appreciating Anambra SEMA for taking certain proactive measures to mitigate impact of the disaster, Tanimu identified such measures to include identification of 13 Internally Displaced Persons’ camps, recruitment of camp managers, support staff and activation of health workers to work with people in the camps.

“The camps so far activated include the Ifite-Ogwari and Igbakwu Health Centres,” he added.

The Nation

Continue Reading

metro

Father Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry As Worshippers Attack Priest Brought As Replacement

Published

on

Ejike Mbaka

… Fr Amadi replaces Mbaka

Continue Reading

Trending