metro
IPOB says it’s not part of Biafra Republic declaration in Finland
IPOB says it’s not part of Biafra Republic declaration in Finland
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has disassociated itself from the purported declaration of United States of Biafra by loyalists of embattled Simon Ekpa, which took place on Saturday in Finland.
IPOB which denounced the declaration of the Biafra Republic in the European country, described it as a scam and shambolic act which has no bearing on the struggle for the actualization of Biafra embarked upon by the Nnamdi Kanu-led group.
Before he was arrested by the Finnish authorities, Ekpa, the self-acclaimed Prime Minister of the Biafra Republic Government In Exile (BRGIE), had fixed December 2 for declaration of Independent State of Biafra and despite his arrest and detention, members of his group went on with the declaration.
In a statement issued on Sunday by IPOB’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, the group said there is no room for another Biafran declaration besides the one declared by late Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu, in 1967.
“The noble family and movement of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) led by the great and indomitable leader, Mazi Nnamdi Okwuchukwu Kanu, wishes to disassociate ourselves from the purported Biafra second declaration by an infamous no-name group. The so-called declaration is a scam,” Powerful said.
“It has become imperative to inform the international community, Biafrans, friends of Biafra, and lovers of Biafra freedom that Biafra has been declared by late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu in 1967.
“IPOB is calling for a UN supervised referendum for Biafrans so that the declared sovereignty can be restored.
READ ALSO:
- CBN issues new forex guidelines on BDC transactions
- Robbers attack Nigerian football club travelling for league match
- GTBank, MTN, Air Peace face probe over alleged poor services, exploitation
“Biafra cannot be declared for the second time by anyone. It is sad that some unscrupulous elements who failed in the mission to infiltrate and destroy IPOB went into the jamboree they claimed was Biafra’s second declaration outside the Biafra territory.
“Biafrans and IPOB, in particular, are happy that the fanfare the infiltrators had in Finland this weekend was ignored by all responsible media organisations.
“Those involved in the event in Finland were among the sponsors of insecurity in the South East Region. Their agenda is to destabilise the South East, divide the people, and divert the attention of Biafrans and those sympathetic to the Biafra struggle by making the genuine Biafra struggle unattractive to our people. They failed woefully.
“In the past, the leader of IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, was pressured by the enemies within and without to declare Biafra the second time, but he refused. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is a brilliant freedom fighter who understands the seasons and times and the rules governing self-determination.
“When those enemies within and without failed to push Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB into untimely and unnecessary Biafra declaration, they joined a Nigerian government agent brought from Finland to destroy the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
“They had already celebrated their foolishness, which they called Biafra declaration in Finland last weekend. IPOB is an informed movement championing the restoration of Biafra sovereignty and freedom and can not involve herself in self-deception and scamming people with the Biafra project.
“All those involved in the illusion and self-deception called Biafra declaration in Finland, are criminals, uninformed, and fake agents.
“Only fools rush where the angels dread to enter. Biafra struggle is a thing of the spirit because blood has been shed and sacrificed for this ultimate project. Any person, nation, or group of people who dare to obstruct the Biafra restoration will pay a heavy price.
READ ALSO:
- We were living ‘fake life’ before fuel subsidy removal, Forex rate unification – Tinubu
- Obasanjo replies Gowon: I didn’t know you asked Abacha not to kill me
- Brazil-based businessman arrested at Lagos airport with ingested 700g of cocaine
“The Autopilot criminals making money from some of their ignorant followers to make international mockery of the Biafra struggle will all pay a price. IPOB will not come after them, but the blood of the fallen heroes of Biafra will chase and hunt them down.
“Therefore, Biafrans, friends of Biafra and lovers of Biafra freedom, must understand that the shambolic declaration of Biafra Independence in the far away land of Finland is a scam. Those who have funded infiltrators that gathered for a picnic in Finland have been scammed.
“Now that the infiltrators and agent of provocateurs have declared their independence in Finland, we hope they will enjoy their freedom and stop interfering with IPOB’s peaceful struggle end engagement for the restoration of Biafra Nation.
“Again, we reiterate that our eternal leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, declared Biafra Independence in Biafra Land in 1967. He and other Biafran men and women fought gallantly in an unprepared genocidal war to defend the declared territory of Biafra for three (3) years.
“General Dim Ojukwu had the support and backing of Ndigbo, Biafrans in general and Biafra Consultative Forum to declare for Biafra Independence in that period. Having declared Biafra once, though short-lived, on the strength of that declaration is where IPOB stands to demand for a UN supervised Referendum for Biafrans to decide their political future.
“Therefore, the idiocy exhibited by a group of nincompoops in Finland recently in the name of Biafra declaration is trash. It was a welcome development that they were ignored by the media and public because they did not exist.
“This press release is to keep the record straight and to disassociate IPOB and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu from the idiocy exhibited in Finland called Biafra second declaration. The Finland Biafra declaration is pure scam by some agent provocateurs.”
IPOB says it’s not part of Biafra Republic declaration in Finland
metro
Christian Cleric Builds Mosque in Honour of Tinubu’s Mother
Christian Cleric Builds Mosque in Honour of Tinubu’s Mother
In a development that has sparked widespread conversation across Nigeria’s religious and political space, Primate Elijah Ayodele has built and commissioned a new mosque in Lagos in honour of Chief Abibatu Mogaji, the late mother of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
The prominent cleric, who leads the INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, unveiled the mosque during his annual thanksgiving programme held in Oke-Afa, Isolo, describing the project as a fulfillment of what he called a divine instruction.
According to Ayodele, the decision to construct the mosque was not politically motivated but rooted in spiritual obedience. He stressed that the gesture was not aimed at gaining favour from the presidency or securing political influence, but rather to promote religious harmony and unity in Nigeria. “I built the mosque because God directed me to do so,” the cleric reportedly said at the commissioning ceremony.
READ ALSO:
- Senate Explains Why Real-Time E-Transmission Cannot Be Mandatory in 2027 Elections
- Osun PDP Lawmakers Endorse Tinubu for 2027, Back Adeleke Re-Election
- MACBAN Rejects Terrorism Allegations, Warns Against Stigmatisation
Ayodele explained that the newly completed mosque would be fully handed over to Muslim leaders and the local Islamic community for administration. He stated that neither he nor his church would be involved in its management, reinforcing his claim that the project was purely an act of faith and interreligious goodwill. Originally, the mosque was said to have been planned under a different name, but Ayodele disclosed that he later renamed it in honour of Tinubu’s mother following what he described as further divine direction. Chief Abibatu Mogaji, a respected community leader during her lifetime, remains a significant figure in Lagos political history due to her influence and grassroots mobilisation efforts.
The commissioning event drew attendance from religious leaders, traditional rulers, and political representatives, reflecting the broader significance of the gesture. Observers described the commissioning as a rare example of Christian–Muslim interfaith collaboration, particularly in a country where religious identity often intersects with politics. Supporters say the act underscores the importance of peaceful coexistence and tolerance between faiths, while critics have questioned the timing and broader implications of the move within Nigeria’s political climate.
Nonetheless, Ayodele maintained that the mosque stands as a symbol of unity and obedience to divine guidance, rather than a calculated political gesture. The development has since generated conversations online, with many Nigerians debating its spiritual, social and political dimensions.
Christian Cleric Builds Mosque in Honour of Tinubu’s Mother
metro
Bandits Abduct Wives, Daughters of JIBWIS Chief Imam, Others in Bauchi
Bandits Abduct Wives, Daughters of JIBWIS Chief Imam, Others in Bauchi
Suspected bandits have abducted the wives and daughters of the Chief Imam of Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’ah Wa Ikamatis Sunnah (JIBWIS) in Digare, Abubakar Muhammad Digare, during a late-night attack in Bauchi State, escalating concerns over rising insecurity in Northern Nigeria.
The attack reportedly occurred on Saturday night in Digare town, Alkaleri Local Government Area, where gunmen stormed the cleric’s residence and forcibly whisked away several women, including his wives and daughters, alongside other residents.
Eyewitnesses said the assailants invaded the community under the cover of darkness, firing sporadically to scare residents before targeting the imam’s home. Villagers fled into nearby bushes while others locked themselves indoors as the attackers operated unchallenged for several minutes. The abducted victims were taken to an undisclosed location, and as of the time of filing this report, the exact number of those kidnapped has not been officially confirmed.
READ ALSO:
- Senate Explains Why Real-Time E-Transmission Cannot Be Mandatory in 2027 Elections
- Osun PDP Lawmakers Endorse Tinubu for 2027, Back Adeleke Re-Election
- MACBAN Rejects Terrorism Allegations, Warns Against Stigmatisation
Residents described the incident as one of the most brazen attacks in recent months, noting that targeting the family of a respected religious leader such as Abubakar Muhammad Digare has deepened fear within the community. Local sources said the attack has triggered panic across surrounding villages in Alkaleri LGA, with many residents calling for increased security presence to prevent further raids.
The Bauchi State Police Command has yet to release a detailed statement on the incident. However, community leaders are urging security agencies to intensify search-and-rescue efforts and strengthen patrol operations in vulnerable rural communities. Security analysts warn that repeated bandit attacks in Bauchi and neighbouring states highlight persistent gaps in intelligence gathering and rapid response coordination, stressing that kidnapping for ransom remains a major driver of armed violence in parts of northern Nigeria.
The latest abduction adds to a growing list of kidnapping incidents in Northern Nigeria, where armed groups frequently target rural settlements, religious leaders, women and children. Observers say the targeting of high-profile community figures could further destabilise affected areas if urgent measures are not implemented to restore confidence and deter future attacks. Authorities are expected to provide further updates as investigations continue.
Bandits Abduct Wives, Daughters of JIBWIS Chief Imam, Others in Bauchi
metro
MACBAN Rejects Terrorism Allegations, Warns Against Stigmatisation
MACBAN Rejects Terrorism Allegations, Warns Against Stigmatisation
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has firmly rejected allegations linking the association to terrorism, banditry, and mass violence, describing such claims as unfounded, misleading, and damaging to its reputation and the livelihoods of millions of pastoralists across Nigeria.
The National President of MACBAN, Baba Othman Ngelzarma, stated this on Sunday while addressing journalists in reaction to ongoing discussions surrounding a proposed United States legislation, H.R. 7457, currently before the United States Congress.
Ngelzarma said while MACBAN respects the sovereign right of the United States to debate issues relating to religious freedom and human rights, the association is deeply concerned about narratives that allegedly portray it as a violent or extremist organisation. He warned that such portrayals risk misinforming international policymakers and undermining peace-building efforts within Nigeria.
He stressed that MACBAN is a legally registered association, established in 1986 under Nigerian law, and has operated openly for decades with elected leadership structures at national, state, and local levels. According to him, the association is formally recognised by federal and state governments as a critical stakeholder in livestock development, pastoral welfare, and farmer–herder conflict mediation.
READ ALSO:
- Customs Seize Cocaine Worth N1bn Along Nigeria–Benin Corridor
- Security Row: El-Rufai Accuses Ribadu of Procuring Dangerous Chemicals
- Singer Market Fire: Tinubu Sends Shettima, FG Delegation to Kano
The association cautioned that any attempt to blacklist, stigmatise, or criminalise legitimate organisations could lead to serious consequences, including economic losses, disruption of livestock trade, and further marginalisation of pastoral communities, which play a vital role in Nigeria’s food security and rural economy.
Reiterating its mandate, MACBAN said its activities are focused on improving pastoral welfare, promoting modern and sustainable livestock practices, fostering peaceful coexistence with host communities, and supporting security agencies through dialogue and early-warning mechanisms aimed at preventing conflict.
Ngelzarma emphasised that MACBAN has never supported banditry, terrorism, kidnapping, or cattle rustling, noting that no court in Nigeria or abroad has ever indicted the association for involvement in terrorist activities. He argued that it is unjust and legally flawed to attribute the criminal actions of individuals to a registered national organisation.
The association also highlighted that pastoralists themselves have been major victims of insecurity, citing repeated attacks by armed groups and bandits that have resulted in displacement, cattle rustling, and loss of lives. It disclosed that at least eight MACBAN state leaders were killed in 2025 by criminal elements in different parts of the country.
According to MACBAN, the association has consistently collaborated with security agencies through intelligence sharing, community mediation, and participation in technical committees on grazing reforms, ranching initiatives, and livestock identification systems, including efforts to curb cattle rustling and illegal arms movement.
The group called on the Senate Committees on Foreign Affairs and National Security to adopt a formal resolution clarifying Nigeria’s legislative position on what it described as misleading international narratives. It also urged the National Assembly to engage U.S. lawmakers through parliamentary diplomacy to ensure accurate representation of Nigeria’s internal dynamics.
MACBAN further appealed to the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Office of the National Security Adviser to initiate diplomatic engagement with American authorities, with a view to presenting documented evidence of its lawful status and compliance with Nigerian laws.
While cautioning against generalised profiling of communities, the association urged both local and international media to avoid sensational reporting that could inflame tensions and deepen mistrust between communities.
Reaffirming its commitment to national unity, peace, and lawful engagement, MACBAN maintained that accountability must remain evidence-based, warning that international actions founded on misinformation could undermine legitimate Nigerian institutions and complicate efforts to address insecurity.
MACBAN Rejects Terrorism Allegations, Warns Against Stigmatisation
-
Education19 hours agoCheck Your Name: UNILORIN Releases Updated NELFUND Refund List for 2024/2025 Students
-
News10 hours agoOsogbo Sons and Daughters Mark 5th Anniversary with Awards, Political Undertones
-
metro3 days agoLagos Police Launch Manhunt for Suspect in Brutal Ajah Murder
-
News3 days agoAso Rock Goes Solar as Tinubu Orders National Grid Disconnection
-
metro2 days agoWoman Arrested Over Murder of Nigerian E-Hailing Driver in South Africa
-
metro2 days agoBoko Haram Terrorists Release Video of 176 Abducted Kwara Residents
-
News21 hours agoAfenifere Calls for Immediate Take-Off of State Police as Terror Threats Rise in Yorubaland
-
Sports3 days agoLookman Shines as Atlético Madrid Hammer Barcelona 4-0


