Connect with us

metro

Uploaded: Ooni of Ife’s wife ends marriage to monarch

Published

on

  • It’s not true, says royal father’s aide

Wife of the Ooni of Ife,Queen Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi, has ended her marriage to the first-class Yoruba monarch.

The queen a statement on Thursday confirmed the shocking news, saying she no longer wants to be associated with him.

This is the second marriage of the king that will hit the rock since he ascended the throne in 2015.

“I bless the Lord Almighty for His faithfulness in the last 3 years of my marriage. In life’s journey, it isn’t how far. Still, how well, indeed though satan should buffet if trials should come, I have this blessed assurance controlling all situations and saying to me it is well with my soul. Certainly, it is well. I made my journey into the ancient throne of Ife with faith in my heart and love for the keeper of it.”

“Few impressions I would love to correct. If anyone knows otherwise, they are free to come up with facts. Let it be known that this decision to move on did not come because his majesty is married to another queen. As many would love to assume, throughout our life as a couple, I was the only married wife to him. There were side attractions, but it was never an issue.

“I never approached him with any revelation of any sort, as many believed he contacted me first and made his proposal known several months later. The marriage was not an arranged one, as many have misconstrued. I never knew the prophetess said to have introduced me to him. Instead, he introduced her to me after I agreed to marry him. I was only being polite out of respect for him.

“I have never been pregnant all my life before Tadenikawo; my son is my first ever pregnancy with medical reports to back it up

The girl who is said to be my daughter is my niece. I did my best to endure and make it work; many times, I smiled through the struggle, but I have finally realised I had just one assignment, my son, and when God is done, He is done. He chose Saul to be king, and when He was done, He told the prophet Samuel I have moved on.

“Religion was never an issue between us; please refer to my interview on News Central TV. Instead, His Majesty has a picture he would love the world to see and perceive him as and another one which is his true self. Today I announce the beginning of a new dawn and the close of a chapter.

“Today, I am a mother to God’s unique gift. I am no longer a slave to my thoughts of perfection. I, at this moment, announce that I shall no longer be referred to as wife to the Ooni of Ife or as Queen of Ile-Ife but as the Queen of the people and mother of my adorable Prince. He is God’s way of saying I know about it all. In situations like this, there will be aggrieved persons. I, at this moment, appeal to all parties involved to allow the peace of God with the consciousness that there is a lovely little boy between us. I thank all of my prayer partners and loved ones.

“I remain committed to all of my projects,charity work and ministry. In this new season, I shall be focusing on God only.”

But, when contacted, the palace faulted the claim, saying, “It is not true.”
The Ooni’s Director of Media and Public Affairs, Moses Olafare, who spoke on behalf of the palace, said, “This is not the first time such rumours had been peddled.”
He said it was not the first time such rumour would be peddled, adding to that the last a similar report was carried, the queen ended up having a baby for the monarch.

metro

Man Arrested After Luring Over 30 Women into Hotels; Robbed Them of Belongings

Published

on

Ifeanyi Odieze Ezenagu

A 34 year man specializing in luring women into hotels in the guise of dating them has been arrested after robbing them of belongings.
At least, the police said no fewer than 30 women have fallen victims of his strategy where he pretends to date them and drugs them to sleep before robbing them of belongings such as phones, jewelries.
The suspect, whose name was given as Ifeanyi Odieze Ezenagu, was arrested after he robbed six women who were all lured into a hotel before they were robbed.
Said to be of no fixed address, Ezenagu is believed to be catching in on the desperation of many women either in search of genuine relationships of also for financial gains.

READ ALSO:

“The suspect robbed the women of their 3 iPhones 12, 2 iPhones 11 Pro Max, 1 iPhone XR, one Nokia phone, one wristwatch and one gold necklace, with a total value of N2,368,000, after he lured them to a hotel, where he laced their drinks, resulting in their falling into deep slumber,” the Lagos Command of the police said on Saturday.
The police went further, “Preliminary investigations reveal that the suspect has no fixed address but lures women to different hotels where he drugs and robs them clean. Investigations further reveal that he has robbed over thirty women since he ventured into this crime.”
The command said the stolen items have all been recovered before he could dispose of them, adding that “investigation is on to apprehend receivers of stolen items he works with. Suspects will be arraigned at the end of investigation.”
In his statement, Babatunde Hundeyin, Command’s spokesman, said “the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Abiodun Alabi, assures all residents of Lagos that the command will continue to work towards the decimation of crime and criminality in the Centre of Excellence. He equally enjoins Nigerians to be vigilant and report any suspicious happening to security agencies.”
NPO Reports gathered that the suspects links up with his victims through their social media accounts while he meets some at social functions where he poses as would be date.

NPO

Continue Reading

metro

I killed only 2 policemen, 2 civilians, gunman confesses in Anambra

Published

on

ONE of the hoodlums operating as unknown gunmen in Anambra State has confessed that he had so far killed four persons, including two policemen and two civilians, since he joined the gang.

The gunman nicknamed ’50’ was caught inside a forest at Ukpor in Nnewi South local government area of the state along with other members of his gang by security operatives.

The security operatives had on Friday stormed the camp and arrested some of the unknown gunmen and destroyed their camp. Items recovered during the raid include arms and ammunition, police and military uniforms, a coffin containing charms and various kinds of drugs.

READ ALSO:

He said that although many people had been killed inside the camp, including those whose relations already paid ransom, he had not killed more than four people.

According to him, the last person he killed before their camp was destroyed was at the instance of their leader who ordered him to kill the man because he was a saboteur.

He said that their leader, Ezemuo, now at large, was doing most of the killings, along with the late Double Lion who was recently killed at Ihiala.

He said: “Some of the people we killed was because they were accused of monitoring us and acting as informants. The two policemen I killed were at Ozubulu.

“Our commander, Ezemuo, is from Imo State has run away, while Virus who is the second in command has escaped to Lagos and his house at Ozubulu burnt down”.

Vanguard

Continue Reading

metro

Police Officers Gunned Down As Kidnappers Abduct Indians In Kogi

Published

on

Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba

Gunmen have attacked the Ajaokuta Local Government Area (LGA) of Kogi state, killing some policemen and abducting 14 Indians.

At least two police officers were killed in the attack which happened on Friday night.

Reacting to the incident, the Kogi state government said they were working diligently with security agencies to secure the release of those abducted.

Kogi police command spokesman, Willaim Ovye Aya, said security had been beefed up in the state are in progress as gunmen have attacked several communities.

“In as much as we activate dynamism in our security architecture and strategy, we recognise the fact that some cowards will sometimes try to undermine our efforts. What we have always done in such circumstances is to go after the criminals, apprehend them and bring them to justice.

READ ALSO:

‘Immediately the unfortunate report was brought to the attention of the State Government, our administration has spread our security net in working with the conventional security agencies and local vigilante groups to ensure the abducted children are rescued alive and the cowards who abducted them brought to book.

“In Kogi State, the life of everyone matters. The Governor and the Government of Kogi State understand that the number one responsibility of the Government is the protection of the lives and property of the citizens. The Kogi State Government will never shirk such responsibility.

“In as much as we would not want to divulge everything about the current operations to rescue the children unhurt which we know will be achieved very soon, we wish to assure Kogi residents that Government will remain vigilant in protecting the people. We will continue to work with security agencies to retain our enviable position as the safest state in the country today.

“We urge the people of Ajaokuta and indeed, Kogi State in general to go about their normal businesses as we have put in place, stringent security measures to ensure the safety of all. Government will spare no resource to ensure our cherished children are rescued alive and unhurt. The Governor is personally coordinating the rescue efforts in collaboration with the security chiefs in the state as well as local vigilante groups. There is already a massive deployment to the area to achieve results,” the statement said.

Daily Trust

Continue Reading

Trending