metro
Kano APC Chieftain Dies in Abuja Hotel Elevator Accident
Kano APC Chieftain Abdulsalami Ginsau Dies in Abuja Hotel Elevator Accident
Tragic details have emerged surrounding the death of Abdulsalami Ginsau, the Assistant Organising Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano State, who died after being trapped in a faulty elevator at Chida Hotels in Utako District, Abuja. The incident occurred on Friday, March 27, 2026, during the APC national convention.
Ginsau, a respected lawyer and party stalwart, had travelled to Abuja to coordinate accommodation for APC delegates from Kano State. After settling the delegates, he checked into Chida Hotels, unaware of the malfunctioning elevator in the facility. Sources reveal that although 150 rooms had been booked, over 1,000 delegates arrived, overwhelming the hotel’s capacity. The hotel reportedly raised concerns over elevator safety, but these warnings were reportedly ignored.
In the early hours of Friday, Ginsau reportedly entered the malfunctioning elevator on the third floor. The lift shaft was empty, and he tragically fell, going unnoticed until the following day, when staff detected a strong odor, prompting a search that led to the discovery of his remains.
READ ALSO:
- VeryDarkMan Dares Sowore Over Blord’s Kuje Prison Remand
- First Lady’s National Community Food Bank Programme Attracts Over ₦66bn
- Muslim Nations Condemn Israel’s New Death Penalty Law for Palestinians
The Utako Police Division confirmed the incident, stating that the hotel management reported the accident on Saturday, March 28, 2026. An autopsy and police investigation are ongoing to determine the circumstances surrounding his death.
The Kano State APC has called for a thorough investigation, alleging potential negligence by the hotel. Party leaders noted that Ginsau was in good health before the trip. A committee has been set up to work with security agencies to uncover the facts. The Kano State Government has also reached out to the family to ensure accountability and transparency.
Speaking for the family, Hamza Haladu described the death as “a complete shock,” highlighting Ginsau’s good health before the trip. The APC stalwart, known for his expertise in corporate, commercial, and property law, is survived by two wives and two children. His funeral is scheduled to take place in Kano on Thursday, April 3, 2026, in accordance with Islamic rites.
Ginsau held several leadership roles in the legal profession, including CEO of Ginsau & Sons and litigation work with Ginsau & Co. Advocates, specialising in labour, corporate, estate, and family law. Within the APC, he was a key strategist, playing a central role in party organisation in Kano State.
Kano APC Chieftain Abdulsalami Ginsau Dies in Abuja Hotel Elevator Accident
![]()
metro
Zamfara: Troops rescue seven women, children from terrorists
Zamfara: Troops rescue seven women, children from terrorists
Troops of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, have foiled separate terrorist abduction attempts in Zamfara State, rescuing civilians and neutralising an improvised explosive device (IED) planted along a major road.
The operations, conducted on August 17, 2026, occurred at different locations in the state as security forces intensified efforts to protect civilians, secure major roads and disrupt the activities of terrorist groups in Zamfara.
The Media Information Officer of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, Lieutenant Colonel Aliyu Danja, disclosed the development in a statement issued on August 17.
Danja said troops of Sector 2 responded to an abduction incident along the Gurusu–Anka Road after receiving information about the attack.
According to him, the troops pursued the terrorists, forcing them to abandon their captives and flee into the surrounding area.
The military officer said the operation resulted in the rescue of seven victims comprising four women and three children.
He added that all seven victims were rescued unharmed.
The rescue came amid continuing security concerns along major roads in Zamfara, where armed groups have repeatedly targeted motorists and passengers.
READ ALSO:
- ‘No Electoral Agreement with ADC’ – Adeleke Rejects Collaboration Claims, Credits God
- Palliative Care, Not Abandonment: Doctor Clears the Air on Ogogo’s Stage-Four Cancer Treatment
- Lagos Pensioners Give Sanwo-Olu 19-Day Ultimatum: Implement Wage Award or Face ‘Mother of All Protests’
In a separate operation around Magazu Village in Tsafe Local Government Area, troops responded to information that terrorists were attempting to abduct motorists.
The troops moved swiftly to the area and engaged the attackers, forcing them to abandon their victims and escape into nearby bushes.
Danja said some of the rescued victims sustained gunshot wounds during the incident and were immediately evacuated to a medical facility for treatment.
The Magazu axis has previously witnessed similar incidents, making the area a major security concern for residents and road users.
Earlier reports indicated that troops of Operation FANSAN YAMMA had rescued 33 passengers abducted by terrorists around the Magazu area after engaging the attackers and forcing them to abandon their victims.
Meanwhile, troops also responded to the discovery of a terrorist-planted IED along the Gurusu–Gwashi Road in Bukkuyum Local Government Area.
The military said the area was immediately secured while an Explosive Ordnance Disposal team was deployed to handle the explosive device.
The team successfully neutralised the IED, preventing potential casualties among soldiers, motorists and other road users.
The discovery highlights the continuing security threat posed by explosive devices along some roads in Zamfara State, particularly routes used by civilians and security personnel.
The latest operations formed part of ongoing efforts by Operation FANSAN YAMMA to maintain security across its Joint Operations Area and prevent terrorists from freely operating in vulnerable communities and along major transportation routes.
Danja said the successful interventions demonstrated the vigilance and responsiveness of troops in protecting civilians, securing communities and keeping major routes safe from terrorist activities.
He said the Theatre Command would continue to maintain pressure on terrorist elements across the Joint Operations Area and deny them the freedom to threaten innocent citizens.
The command also urged members of the public to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with timely and credible information about suspicious movements and activities.
The latest operations underscore the importance of intelligence-led military action in tackling kidnapping and terrorism in Zamfara, particularly along routes that have repeatedly come under attack.
Zamfara: Troops rescue seven women, children from terrorists
![]()
metro
Palliative Care, Not Abandonment: Doctor Clears the Air on Ogogo’s Stage-Four Cancer Treatment
metro
Lagos Pensioners Give Sanwo-Olu 19-Day Ultimatum: Implement Wage Award or Face ‘Mother of All Protests’
-
Sports2 days agoArsenal thrash Man City 3-0 to win Community Shield
-
metro2 days agoPolice to prosecute Kogi man for allegedly setting wife ablaze
-
metro2 days agoCustoms Names Importers of 399 Pump-Action Rifles, Hands Over Weapons to NSA Office
-
metro2 days agoNDLEA arrests businessman with cocaine, seizes N3.6bn drugs in Lagos
-
Politics3 days agoBreaking: Adeleke Crushes APC’s Oyebamiji, Wins Second Term in Osun
-
Politics3 days agoOsun election: Adeleke widens lead as Oyinlola, Omisore lose polling units
-
Sports2 days agoWAFCON 2026: Cameroon beat Malawi 3-0 to claim first-ever continental crown
-
metro2 days agoOsun Woman Found Dead With Severed Wrist Inside Church
