Connect with us

metro

Lovers’ death inside car in Ogun: The fact of the case revealed

Published

on

A contractor, Hakeem Oladimeji, has allegedly committed suicide after killing his yet-to-be-identified girlfriend in the Bariga area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Oladimeji, who lived in Ogun State, was with his girlfriend in a rented apartment around Bariga when an argument ensued between them.

The argument was said to have degenerated into a fight and in the process, Oladimeji reached for a stick and hit her in the head.

It was learnt that the lady slump and died on the spot.

In a bid to escape being arrested, Oladimeji reportedly carried her lifeless body, dumped it inside his Toyota Sienna and drove to his residence in Ogun State.

Our correspondents gathered that he later drove to a location close to the NASFAT Islamic Centre along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

Traders, customers and passersby in the area were said to have discovered the decomposing bodies of Oladimeji and his girlfriend inside the vehicle.

During a visit to the area on Wednesday, a mechanic, Sunday Aghali, said the stench from the vehicle made people discover the corpses, adding that the vehicle had been towed to the Ibafo Police Station.

Aghali said, “Although I was not around when the incident happened, when I returned, people in the area told me that two naked decomposing bodies were found in a Sienna vehicle parked opposite my shop. I was told that it was like they passed out while having sex in the vehicle.”

READ ALSO:

One of the security guards at the NASFAT Islamic Centre, who spoke on condition of anonymity, lamented the circumstances surrounding the death of the lovers.

While some people said Oladimeji and his girlfriend died while sexually pleasuring each other in the vehicle, other persons said a police investigation would reveal the true circumstances surrounding the victims’ death.

PUNCH Metro visited the Ibafo Police Station where the decomposing remains of the lovers were sighted in the vehicle parked on the premises of the station.

A black nylon bag was used to wrap the remains as efforts were on to convey the corpses to a mortuary.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, who confirmed the incident, however, revealed that Oladimeji was responsible for his girlfriend’s death.

He added that he confessed to the crime in a suicide note he sent to his wife.

The PPRO said, “The man’s name is Hakeem Oladimeji; he and his girlfriend were the ones found dead in a Sienna vehicle parked at the entrance of the NASFAT campground. Oladimeji lived in Ogun State, but rented an apartment for his girlfriend in Lagos State.

“A fight broke out between them without anyone knowing the cause of the fight and he hit her head with a stick and she slumped. Immediately, he deposited her corpse in his car, drove straight to his house, but those who saw him carrying the corpse into his car reported the case at the Ilaje Police Station at Bariga.

“When he got home, he dropped a suicide note for his wife, which stated that he had killed someone and he’s going to commit suicide and she shouldn’t bother looking for him.

“He drove his dead girlfriend straight to the Ibafo area of Ogun State, parked his car close to the entrance of the NASFAT Islamic Centre, brought out an insecticide, wound up the glasses, drank it and died.”

Punch

metro

Lagos corporal beats up senior officer over traffic

Published

on

Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin

There was a mild drama on Saturday at the Simbiat Abiola Way, Ikeja, Lagos State, as a police corporal assaulted his superior during an argument.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the yet-to-be-identified corporal had confronted the superior officer, who was identified as Supol Edgar, for allegedly causing traffic at the junction linking the Awolowo Way.

This led to an argument, as the corporal punched Edgar.

Our correspondent learnt that the policeman did not know Edgar was a police officer who resided in a barracks close to the scene.

During the confrontation, Edgar reportedly reached out to his colleagues in the barracks, who stormed out and bundled the policeman into their premises.

Our correspondent, who was at the scene of the incident, observed as the corporal was forcefully dragged into the police barracks.

An eyewitness, who identified himself only as Stanley for security reasons, said the problem was caused by a tricycle rider, who tried to navigate through some vehicles at the junction.

READ ALSO:

He said, “The Supol tried to caution a tricycle rider who tried to make his way past some vehicles and that led to the traffic jam. But when the corporal saw what was happening, he angrily rushed out of his car to confront him for causing a delay. That was how the argument started between them and even when the senior officer was telling him that he was also a police officer, he did not hear him out, as he kept on slapping and punching him. That was when the Supol called someone in the barracks and they came to carry him.”

A traffic warden, who was at the spot and begged not to be identified because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said the officer did not reveal his identity on time before the matter escalated.

He said, “I was controlling traffic when I saw a man arguing with someone in the tricycle. I approached him to know what was happening but he refused to answer me. I left him to continue what I was doing. It was later that I saw that traffic had started building up and by the time I went back to check what caused it, I saw both of them dragging each other.”

Our correspondent also observed that before the corporal was taken into the barracks, he was stripped of his clothes and asked to kneel, while other senior officers in the barracks gathered around him.

Edgar threatened to lock him up at the Area F Police Command.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, said he was not aware of the incident.

He promised to respond after making enquiries. He had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

Continue Reading

metro

Just In: Bandits kill three, abduct scores in Taraba

Published

on

Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba

Bandits on Sunday night attacked and killed three persons while scores were reportedly abducted by the attackers in Bali town, the headquarters of Bali Local Government Area of Taraba State.

Several sources in Bali told our correspondent on the phone that the attackers who rode on motorcycles attacked and killed personnel of Taraba Marshall at a checkpoint near General Hospital before proceeding to individual houses to kill and abduct people.

The Tiv central leader and Chief of Tiv in Bali, Zaki David Gbaa (Ter Tiv Bali II) told our correspondent that two of his subjects were killed and scores, mostly women, were abducted in the attack.

“The attackers invaded the town at about 11: pm. Two of my subjects were killed in the attack, and two others who were badly injured are receiving treatment in the hospital.

READ ALSO:

“Many people, especially women, were abducted. It’s a terrible situation and I want to call on the government and security agencies to sit up and ensure the protection of the lives and property of citizens.

“For over four hours, the bandits held the town shooting sporadically and there was no response from security agencies. People are losing hope of the government’s ability to protect them and I think the bandits are no more than our security agencies,” he said.

This is even as the traditional ruler called on the government to support the injured who are receiving treatment in hospitals.

The attack came barely three days after bandits blocked the Mutum-Biyu- Garba Chede road killing a driver and abducting passengers in the neighbouring Gassol Local Government area of the state.

Efforts to get the Police to react to the attack failed as the Taraba State Police Public Relations Officer, Abdullahi Usman, did not pick up calls made to his line.

But a police officer in the Taraba State Police Command told our correspondent that the PPRO was attending a security briefing.

EAGLE

Continue Reading

metro

NAF Fighter Jet Kills Banditry Kingpin, Followers In Katsina

Published

on

A notorious banditry kingpin, Abdulkareem Lawal alias Faca-faca, and many of his followers have been killed in airstrikes by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets on some bandits’ enclaves in Safana Local Government Area of Katsina State.

Our correspondent learnt that the raids were carried out in the evening.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, Gambo Isah, confirmed on Sunday that eight suspected bandits including Faca-faca were killed during the raid.

 He also said the police Saturday night raided a terrorists’ hideout at Unguwar Dako, Tandama village in Danja Local Government Area of the state where they rescued six kidnapped victims. 

Isah gave the names of the rescued victims as Alhaji Garba DanMallam, 52; Rabiu Idris, 45; and Abba Samaila, 38, who are all residents of Unguwar Nuhu. 

Others are Yunusa Sani, 54; Ishaq Yakub, 40; and Danjuma Samaila, 45, all residents of Layin Sani village, Kafur. 

Meanwhile, bandits have killed two members of a local vigilante group and abducted a newlywed couple and other residents of Shola Quarters in the Katsina metropolis. 

READ ALSO:

Residents said the bandits invaded the area around 1:25am and operated for over an hour. 

One of the sources said, “It was the vigilante members that even confronted the bandits but in the process, two of them were killed and two others wounded.” 

He explained that the vigilante members had to retreat for their safety when the bandits overpowered them. 

He said it was later that one body was retrieved while one of the injured persons rushed to the hospital died. 

Explaining how the newlywed couple was kidnapped, a relative, Usman Masanawa, said the husband, Yusuf Bishir, called to inform him of the attack but there was nothing he could do.

“We went there this morning; the bandits did not even enter the house through the entrance gate but they smashed the wall and got access into the house,” Masanawa said. 

He added that the number of residents abducted could not be ascertained but other residents said some houses were attacked and people abducted. 

When contacted, the PPRO who responded via WhatsApp message, said officers were on an operation (on the matter) and would communicate details later. 

In another attack, bandits abducted 13 people from Natsinta village, in Jibia Local Government Area, which is a few hundred metres from the army barracks in Katsina. 

A resident, whose uncle and two of his children were abducted, said the bandits had earlier abducted 26 people but when they got to where they parked their motorcycles, they took 13 with them and left the others.

DAILY TRUST

Continue Reading

Trending