metro

NAF airstrikes kill 22 terrorists in Borno

NAF airstrikes kill 22 terrorists in Borno

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai has eliminated 22 terrorists in their hideouts and enclaves in Borno.

The Director of Public Relations and Information of NAF, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, made this known in a statement on Monday in Abuja.

Gabkwet said the air strikes which took place on Sunday were sequel to intelligence received from the Land Component that about 22 terrorists in a gun truck and two motorcycles were sighted near Marte.

He said that the NAF aircraft were immediately dispatched to interdict the location.

According to him, after scanning the area, the terrorists were sighted at about 22 km west of Marte and moving northwards towards Munguno.

“After trailing the terrorists for about 70 minutes, the terrorists in the gun truck and two motorcycles stopped underneath a tree, probably to refuel or evade being seen.

READ ALSO:

“The targets were subsequently engaged with a huge ball of fire engulfing the area observed afterward, destroying the gun struck and motorcycles with no sign of movement observed afterward.

“The huge explosion could be indicative that the point where the terrorists hid was likely a logistics base or their vehicle was conveying weapons or explosive ordinances.”

The NAF spokesman said that the failed strategies adopted by terrorists to evade detection and the fire power of the land and air components by moving from one point to another was indicative of their inability to hold ground and pose significant threats to military formations or pick on soft civilian targets at will.

He noted that the terrorists had continued to exhibit desperation and weakness through their conduct.

Gabkwet said that Gov. Babagana Zulum, had recently acknowledged that the security situation in the state had improved by more than 85 per cent while economic activities had picked up.

This, according to him, attests to the successes of the efforts emplaced by the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies.

He added that the governor had said that as the Chief Security Officer of the state, the government was doing well in terms of security as there had been serious improvement in the security situation in the state and therefore commended the service chiefs for their efforts.

NAF airstrikes kill 22 terrorists in Borno

(NAN)

Trends Admin

Recent Posts

Tinubu must address rising mass massacres now, By Farooq Kperogi

Tinubu must address rising mass massacres now, By Farooq Kperogi Recent events show a widening…

1 hour ago

Man Arrested for Slitting Wife’s Throat During Farm Argument

Man Arrested for Slitting Wife’s Throat During Farm Argument A tragedy occurred in Amaji Village,…

1 hour ago

Armed Bandits Kill 30, Kidnap Villagers in Zamfara Attack

Armed Bandits Kill 30, Kidnap Villagers in Zamfara Attack At least 30 people have been…

1 hour ago

Agege Council Announces Free 3kg Cooking Gas Refill for 4,000 Residents

Agege Council Announces Free 3kg Cooking Gas Refill for 4,000 Residents The Chairman of Agege…

2 hours ago

Tinubu Summons Aiyedatiwa Over APC Congress Violence, Monarch’s Murder

Tinubu Summons Aiyedatiwa Over APC Congress Violence, Monarch’s Murder President Bola Tinubu has summoned Ondo…

2 hours ago

FCT Polls: S’Court, A’Court Defy Wike’s Public Holiday, Continue Judicial Activities

FCT Polls: S'Court, A'Court Defy Wike’s Public Holiday, Continue Judicial Activities The Supreme Court of…

2 hours ago