Police storm fake CAC office in Lagos, arrest officials + photos - Newstrends
Connect with us

metro

Police storm fake CAC office in Lagos, arrest officials + photos

Published

on

The suspects

The Lagos State Police Command says it has stopped the operation of a fake Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) office in the Ikeja area of Lagos.

It stated this in a statement signed by the state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, on Thursday.

According to the statement, there had been hundreds of fake registrations in the bogus CAC office, and its officials also used Toyota vehicles as makeshift offices.

“Following a tip-off, painstaking background check and verification, operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) have busted a fake Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) centre in Jobi, Fele Way, Alausa Business District, Alausa, Ikeja. Five suspects manning the centre were equally arrested for forgery and impersonating CAC officials,” the statement read in part.

Seized Toyota vehicle

The suspected operators of the fake CAC office include Omolere Kayode, Gloria Ukaegbu, Taiwo Ajayi, Oluwatomisin Adebisi and Nwachukwu Brenda. Olayinka Egbeyemi, the Commander of the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, led the arrest.

“The operatives recovered several forged CAC documents, a Toyota Sienna and a Toyota Matrix used as makeshift offices for their nefarious transactions. A preliminary investigation revealed that the syndicate has swindled over hundreds of people through fake CAC registrations,” said the police.

Abiodun Alabi, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, has ordered the transfer of the case to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) for further investigations.

Nigeria established the CAC in 1990 to regulate the formation and management of companies. It is Nigeria’s official company registry.

FIJ

metro

Police Bust Gang Armoury, Arrest Two Suspects in Delta

Published

on

Some Nigerian policemen

Police Bust Gang Armoury, Arrest Two Suspects in Delta

The Delta State Police Command has made a major breakthrough in its fight against armed gangs and violent crime by arresting two suspected armed robbers and uncovering a gang armoury containing locally fabricated firearms and ammunition.

According to the Command, the operation reflects a renewed commitment to dismantle criminal networks, recover illegal weapons, and ensure public safety. Commissioner of Police Aina Adesola stated that the Command “remains resolute in dismantling criminal networks, mopping up illegal firearms, and ensuring that perpetrators of violent crimes are brought to justice.”

The raid followed intelligence-led investigations that led operatives of the Special Assignment Team (CP‑SAT), under ASP Julius Robinson, to a suspected criminal hideout along the Sapele–Warri Road near Adeje Community in the early hours of February 19, 2026. The operation was linked to the interrogation of 25-year-old Dafiaga Timothy from Effurun, allegedly associated with a gang terrorising commuters along the Warri–Sapele axis.

READ ALSO:

Police recovered a locally fabricated long gun, a cut-to-size firearm, and a Beretta-style pistol loaded with five rounds of live ammunition, along with ten additional cartridges and a dagger. The Command described the seizure as a major disruption to the operational capability of the gang, while investigations continue to identify other suspects and trace the source of the arsenal.

In a related operation on February 18, 2026, officers from the Area Command in Warri intercepted a tricycle along the Agbarho/Warri Expressway. Two occupants fled, but the driver, Aliyu Sabo, 25, was arrested. A search uncovered a locally fabricated pistol, one live cartridge, one expended cartridge, and several other items, including mobile devices and a bag suspected to be linked to criminal activity. Sabo remains in custody as police work to apprehend his accomplices.

The Delta State Police emphasized that these operations form part of a broader campaign to curb violent crime, illegal firearms proliferation, and gang-related activities across the state. Authorities have urged residents to remain security-conscious and report credible information that could aid ongoing investigations.

The discovery is expected to have a significant impact on reducing armed robberies and cult-related violence, particularly along high-risk corridors such as Sapele–Warri Road and Agbarho/Warri Expressway, which have long been affected by criminal syndicates.

Police Bust Gang Armoury, Arrest Two Suspects in Delta

Continue Reading

metro

Woman Dies in Bandits’ Camp After Family Pays ₦25 Million Ransom

Published

on

Army headquarters reviews troops combat readiness

Woman Dies in Bandits’ Camp After Family Pays ₦25 Million Ransom

The family of seven abducted residents in Erinmope-Ekiti, Moba Local Government Area, Ekiti State, is mourning the death of one of the victims, identified as Hawau Suleiman, who reportedly died in captivity, even after her family paid a ₦25 million ransom for the release of the hostages. Six other abductees were freed following the payment, but the deceased’s remains have not yet been recovered.

The victims were initially kidnapped on January 24, 2026, when armed gunmen stormed the community, abducting five women, including a nursing mother and a pregnant woman. The kidnappers initially demanded a ₦100 million ransom for their release.

Family members first raised ₦10 million and sent two relatives to deliver the money, but the kidnappers rejected the amount and detained the emissaries, increasing the number of captives to seven. After further negotiations, a total of ₦25 million was paid, resulting in the release of six abductees.

One of the freed victims, Muhammad Soliu, who had also been detained as part of the ransom negotiation, recounted the harrowing conditions in captivity. He said the abductees were tied together like goats and forced to trek several kilometres barefoot through dense forests spanning Ekiti, Kwara, and Kogi states.

READ ALSO:

Soliu revealed that the deceased, Hawau Suleiman, became too weak to continue the trek and collapsed. “She was exhausted from the long distance we were made to walk. We pleaded with them to allow us carry her, but they threatened to kill us if we stopped. They ordered us to keep moving without looking back. It was the worst experience of my life,” he said.

He added that the pregnant woman among the captives was taken to an undisclosed hospital for medical attention, while locating Suleiman’s remains would be difficult due to the depth and density of the forest where she reportedly died.

Sunday Abutu, the Police Public Relations Officer in Ekiti State, said the command would investigate the incident and provide further details, but no official updates have yet been released regarding the recovery of the deceased.

The ordeal highlights the growing kidnapping crisis in Ekiti and southwestern Nigeria, where families are often forced to pay large ransoms under threats of violence, and victims face life-threatening conditions in captivity. Security analysts continue to warn that ransom payments, while sometimes saving lives, may embolden criminal gangs and perpetuate the cycle of banditry and insecurity.

Woman Dies in Bandits’ Camp After Family Pays ₦25 Million Ransom

Continue Reading

metro

Reno Omokri Alleges El-Rufai, Sons Linked to Dadiyata’s Disappearance

Published

on

Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata
Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata

Reno Omokri Alleges El-Rufai, Sons Linked to Dadiyata’s Disappearance

Former presidential aide and political commentator Reno Omokri has renewed allegations implicating former Nasir El-Rufa’i and his sons in the disappearance of activist Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata, who has been missing since August 2, 2019, in Kaduna.

In a post on X (formerly Twitter), Omokri claimed that statements and social media posts by El-Rufa’i and his sons suggest they “have a strong case to answer” over Dadiyata’s abduction. Omokri cited a remark allegedly made by El-Rufa’i in 2019:

“Anybody that tries to criminalise Nasir El-Rufa’i should know that he has a battle on his hands till one of us drops dead.”

Omokri noted that Dadiyata had repeatedly criticised the former governor and alleged corruption and abuse of power in Kaduna State. He argued that the remark, combined with later statements by El-Rufa’i’s son, Bashir El-Rufa’i, indicated a potential link to the activist’s disappearance. Omokri cited a December 23, 2019, statement by Bashir warning that:

“Dangerous lies in the public space have consequences,”

referring to the trending hashtag #WhereIsDadiyata.

READ ALSO:

Omokri also highlighted a post allegedly made by Bashir in August 2025, in which he threatened to “unalive” a social media user and their family, saying it would be “easier than you think” to locate them — a comment Omokri suggested implied access to tracking or surveillance.

Another son, Bello El-Rufa’i, was mentioned in Omokri’s post for allegedly sending threats to the Speaker of the Kaduna State House of Assembly, Honourable Yusuf Liman, during a probe into claims that ₦432 billion went missing from the state coffers. Omokri further cited a 2020 private message allegedly sent by Bello containing threats of sexual violence against women of Igbo descent.

Describing these statements as evidence of “death threats” and “bloodlust”, Omokri concluded that there is sufficient reason to question Nasir El-Rufa’i and his sons over Dadiyata’s disappearance. He also praised Dadiyata as “young, intelligent, handsome and fearless,” while referring to the El-Rufa’i family as “fiendish.”

As of February 2026, no formal charges have been filed against El-Rufa’i or his sons. Nigeria’s Department of State Services has reportedly reopened investigations into the case, and public pressure continues for accountability and justice in the long-running mystery.

Reno Omokri Alleges El-Rufai, Sons Linked to Dadiyata’s Disappearance

Continue Reading
HostArmada Affordable Cloud SSD Shared Hosting
HostArmada - Affordable Cloud SSD Web Hosting

Trending