Connect with us

metro

Randy man, 43, arrested for alleged rape of 80-year-old Nasarawa woman, blames devil

Published

on

Nasarawa State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ramhan Nansel

The Nasarawa State Police Command has arrested a 43-year-old man, Mr Dan’asabe Eddo, for allegedly raping an 80-year-old woman in the state.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ramhan Nansel, disclosed this in a statement in Lafia on Sunday.

According to the statement, the suspect went to the house of the octogenarian, who lived alone, and raped her.

The statement read, “One Dan’asabe Eddo, a 43-year-old man of Kubasha village, Kagarko LGA, Kaduna, but resident in Kundami village, Garaku, Kokona LGA of Nasarawa State, nocturnally went into the residence of an 80-year-old woman, who stays alone in the same village, and forcefully had carnal knowledge of her.

READ ALSO:

“Upon receipt of the complaint, police operatives attached to the Garaku division immediately swung into action and got the suspect arrested.

“Upon interrogation, the suspect admitted to the commission of the offence and blamed it on the handiwork of the devil.”

Nansel said the state Commissioner of Police, Adesina Soyemi, had directed that the case be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Lafia, for further investigations.

The police spokesman urged members of the public to protect the elderly to guard against a recurrence of such incidents.

Punch

metro

Father, daughters, relation die after ‘amala’ meal in Kogi

Published

on

Commissioner of Police, Kogi State Police Command, CP Edward Egbuk

The people of Mopa town in the Mopa-Muro Local Government Area of Kogi State have been thrown into mourning following the mysterious death of four members of a family after reportedly eating a cassava flour meal known as ‘Amala.’

The deceased died in quick succession between Friday, September 30 and Sunday, October 2.

Those who died included the family head, Pa. Motilewa, two daughters and a girl who is said to be their relation.

One of the deceased daughters identified as Motun was a National Certificate of Education holder and teacher in the town. The mother, however, miraculously survived.

The event has left residents of the town and the entire neighbourhood in mourning, fear and confusion, with many calling for an investigation into the death of the family members.

It was gathered that the family prepared the ‘Amala’ meal from the left over of cassava flour from which they had previously made and eaten ‘Fufu’. They were said to have spread the processed shafts in the sun to dry for some days.

READ ALSO:

The dried flakes were subsequently ground into soft powder which was used for ‘Amala’ which they ate on Thursday evening, before retiring to bed.

An eyewitness reported that the victims became sick overnight and efforts were made to stabilise them. Unfortunately, the youngest member of the family passed away on Friday, quickly followed on Saturday by the relation living with the family.

With the sudden passage, the others were moved to the highly rated ECWA Hospital, Egbe, for better medical attention.

Sadly, the eldest of the daughters, Motun, gave up the ghost at about 3:00am Sunday. The father also died later the same Sunday.

At the time of filing this report, the mother, identified as Molomo, was still alive in the hospital and under a close observation.

Members of the community are said to be suspecting foul play in the sudden death and have, therefore, suspended the burial for proper investigations to unravel the cause of their deaths.

“We are shocked. I have never seen a thing like this. We suspect that someone may have poisoned the food. For what? We cannot tell. I’m confused and in pains. This is too much to bear,” a member of the family lamented.

Earlier in August this year, five persons lost their lives after eating a cassava flour meal prepared at their family house in Usugnwe-Okaito, Okehi local government area of Kogi State.

Eagle

Continue Reading

metro

Building collapse claims one as flood displaces 651,053 in Anambra communities

Published

on

Flood in Anambra

One person died in Enugu-Otu, Aguleri in Anambra State, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed.

The Acting State Coordinator, Mr. Thickman Tanimu who disclosed this to reporters on Monday, said the deceased, identified as Ginikanwa Izuoba passed on following sudden collapse of his apartment occasioned by impact of the flood.

He further hinted that no fewer than 651,053 persons were rendered homeless by the disaster in six local government areas of the state.

He added that Ogbaru Local Government Area recorded highest number of victims followed by Anambra East and West Local Government Areas.

READ ALSO:

“NEMA, accompanied by officials of Anambra State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, visited Umueze-Anam, Mkpunando, Igbedo, Inoma and Ifite-Ogwari all in Anambra East and Anyamelum Council Areas,” he said.

Appreciating Anambra SEMA for taking certain proactive measures to mitigate impact of the disaster, Tanimu identified such measures to include identification of 13 Internally Displaced Persons’ camps, recruitment of camp managers, support staff and activation of health workers to work with people in the camps.

“The camps so far activated include the Ifite-Ogwari and Igbakwu Health Centres,” he added.

The Nation

Continue Reading

metro

Father Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry As Worshippers Attack Priest Brought As Replacement

Published

on

Ejike Mbaka

… Fr Amadi replaces Mbaka

Continue Reading

Trending