metro

Saudi Arabia donates 50 tonnes of dates to Nigeria

Saudi Arabia donates 50 tonnes of dates to Nigeria

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, presented a donation of 50 tonnes of high-quality dates to Nigeria, in a bid to deepen bilateral relations between both countries.

The Ambassador of the Kingdom to Nigeria, Faisal Alghamdi presented the donation at a ceremony in Abuja.

Speaking, Nezat Talaqi, the Team Lead of KSRelief, said that the donation was a gift from the custodians of the two Holy Mosques of King Salman Al Saud.

He said the government of Saudi through the King’s Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center, KSRelief, had been providing humanitarian assistance to the Government of Nigeria in different fields.

He said that the most recent intervention was the execution of Et’am Initiative in which 48, 300 persons got food baskets in Kano, Yobe and Borno at a cost of 500,000 dollars.

READ ALSO:

Also, a statement by the Embassy, said that the Kingdom’s humanitarian centre intended to carry out a medical diagnostic campaign in Abuja, Kano and Lagos, as part of efforts to fulfill its humanitarian and pioneering role at the international level, and also its commitment to the humanitarian principle that focused on alleviating the sufferings of all people in distress.

“This will happen in the second quarter of 2023, in which various medical procedures will be offered free of charge to Nigerians.

“The handover of these dates is part of the humanitarian and Relief assistance presented by the custodian of the two holy mosques-may Allah protect him.

“To a number of friendly countries among which is Nigeria so that it can reach needy families all over the world.

“This and more represents the commitments of the Kingdom’s strengthening bilateral relations between our two countries at all levels.

“The Kingdom is committed to continuing to provide all necessary humanitarian relief and aids to Nigeria, for the betterment and interest of the brotherly and friendly Nigerians people,” it stated.

Trends Admin

Recent Posts

Independence Bridge repairs: Sanwo-Olu urges Lagos residents to work remotely

Independence Bridge repairs: Sanwo-Olu urges Lagos residents to work remotely Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor of Lagos, said…

7 hours ago

Chinese man found with fake diplomatic number plate in Lagos

Chinese man found with fake diplomatic number plate in Lagos The Lagos State Police Command has taken a…

7 hours ago

Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt

Akpabio to sue Natasha for alleged assassination attempt Senate President Godswill Akpabio has said he will…

7 hours ago

Oyo PDP chieftain Adeojo dies, Makinde mourns

Oyo PDP chieftain Adeojo dies, Makinde mourns Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has expressed deep sorrow…

7 hours ago

Bayelsa govt gets court order to stop pro-Wike rally

Bayelsa govt gets court order to stop pro-Wike rally A High Court in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, has…

7 hours ago

Petitioners mobilise constituents for fresh Natasha’s recall

Petitioners mobilise constituents for fresh Natasha’s recall Following the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) dismissal of…

14 hours ago