metro
Shocking reason son cut off his mother’s hands with machete

Shocking reason son cut off his mother’s hands with machete
Ayobami Oyeleye, 30, is currently in the custody of the Ogun State Police Command for severing his mother’s hands with a machete.
The defendant was also accused of leaving a serious cut on the woman’s skull.
Oyeleye allegedly assaulted his 65-year-old mother, Esther, on Tuesday over an unspecified quarrel in Akibo village, the state’s Obafemi Owode Local Government Area.
It was gathered on Wednesday that a noise emanating from the aged woman’s house in the night forced her neighbours to storm out of their houses to find out what was happening.
On getting to the house, Esther was found lying in a pool of blood, with her left and right hands cut off and a deep stab to her head.
READ ALSO:
-
[BREAKING] MohBad: Primeboy surrenders to police
-
Why I slumped during screening – Minister-designate, Abbas
-
Tinubu approves N75bn interest-free loan to 1.5m market women
The neighbours were also said to have met Oyeleye standing beside his mother, holding a sharp cutlass.
An eyewitness who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the severity of the incident said Oyeleye also used the cutlass to inflict injuries on the aged woman’s head and legs.
The source stated that the victim had immediately been taken to the hospital for medical attention.
“With a sharp cutlass in his hand, he severed both hands of his mother and caused another deep injury to her head and legs. We have taken the mother to the hospital for treatment,” the source said.
Speaking with PUNCH Metro on Wednesday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, who confirmed the incident to our correspondent, said the suspect had been arrested and an investigation was ongoing.
“The suspect is now in our custody. Our men visited the scene where the cutlass used to carry out the crime was retrieved. Currently, an investigation is ongoing,” the police spokesperson said.
Shocking reason son cut off his mother’s hands with machete
metro
Ex-NYSC DG Tsiga regains freedom after 56 days in captivity

Ex-NYSC DG Tsiga regains freedom after 56 days in captivity
Brigadier-General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd) has regained his freedom after spending 56 days in captivity.
Daily Trust had reported how the former Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was abducted from his hometown in Bakori local government area (LGA) of Katsina state, on February 5, 2025.
He was kidnapped alongside nine other residents.
However, after payment of ransom by his family, his abductors still held him captive for weeks.
There were conflicting figures regarding the ransom paid earlier.
While some claimed the sum of N60m was paid, Daily Trust reliably learnt that the actual money paid for his release is thrice higher than that.
READ ALSO:
- Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji goes berserk, kills 12 to celebrates Eid
- Uromi killings: Deputy Senate President donates N16m to victims’ families
- ‘I’m not broke’, NURTW leader Agbede denies selling Lagos mansion for N420m
A close family member told our correspondent that after receiving the money, the kidnappers kept mum for one week before contacting the family, where they put the general on phone to speak with them.
“The money was taken to them and it was only after one week, that was on Tuesday March 11, that they called and we heard his voice,” the source revealed.
He added that the kidnappers had called though to demand for more money, which he said was not given to them.
“Nothing was actually added and as we speak they are in Zamfara state from where they will take the general to Abuja,” the source said.
A top military source also confirmed Tsiga’s release to Daily Trust. Sources close to the family said he is in good condition.
Ex-NYSC DG Tsiga regains freedom after 56 days in captivity
metro
Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji goes berserk, kills 12 to celebrates Eid

Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji goes berserk, kills 12 to celebrates Eid
In a shocking development, notorious bandit leader Bello Turji reportedly hosted an elaborate Eid celebration in Magira, Isa Local Government Area (LGA) of Sokoto State, before leading his gang to brutally murder 12 people and injure one in Fadamar Lugu on Tuesday.
The revelation was made by security analyst Bakatsine in a post on X on Wednesday. According to him, Turji’s feast was attended by fellow bandits from neighboring Zamfara State, marking a brazen display of impunity.
READ ALSO:
- Uromi killings: Deputy Senate President donates N16m to victims’ families
- ‘I’m not broke’, NURTW leader Agbede denies selling Lagos mansion for N420m
- Toyota corporation taps on Winpart by CFAO to distribute CWorks batteries in Nigeria
Following the celebration, Turji and his men stormed Fadamar Lugu, unleashing terror on innocent residents.
“Bandit leader Bello Turji hosted an Eid celebration in Magira, Isa LGA, with bandits from Zamfara State. After the feast, he moved to Fadamar Lugu in Isa LGA, Sokoto State, killing 12 people & injuring one person just for fun,” Bakatsine wrote in his post.
Bello Turji, one of the most wanted bandits in Nigeria, has been linked to numerous killings, kidnappings, and attacks across Sokoto and Zamfara States.
Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji goes berserk, kills 12 to celebrates Eid
metro
‘I’m not broke’, NURTW leader Agbede denies selling Lagos mansion for N420m

‘I’m not broke’, NURTW leader Agbede denies selling Lagos mansion for N420m
National Chairman of the defunct National CareTaker Committee of the National Union of Road Transport Workers( NURTW) and two terms chairman of the Lagos State council of the union, Alhaji Tajudeen Agbede, has strongly denied the rumours making rounds that he disposed of one of his houses in the Oko Oba axis of Agege, Lagos for N420m.
Reacting to the allegation, the NURTW boss stated, “It has come to my attention that a story has gone viral claiming that I, Alhaji Tajudeen Agbede, have sold one of my mansions in Oko-Oba for a staggering #420 million. I am compelled to respond to this blatant falsehood and set the record straight.
“Firstly, I do own more than one house in the Oko-Oba area, but none of them have been put up for sale. The house in question is actually undergoing renovation, and contractors are currently working on it to make it more habitable.”
Agbede challenged anyone to prove him wrong by providing documents to back up the alleged transactions. “I challenge anyone who claims to have purchased this property to produce the necessary documents and papers to support their claim. I am confident that no such evidence exists, as this transaction is purely a figment of the imagination.
He appealed to members of the the public to disregard the false news and to be cautious of the spread of misinformation.
“I appreciate the support and understanding of my friends, family, and colleagues in this matter.l want to use this opportunity to assure my friends and fans that I am not broke , so nothing can warrant selling of my property,” he said.
-
metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Senator Natasha defies restrictions, arrives homecoming rally by helicopter [VIDEO]
-
metro2 days ago
Uromi: Edo residents flee towns over likely reprisal attack, arrest
-
International3 days ago
In pictures: Eid celebrations around the world
-
metro2 days ago
Breaking: ‘Cancel your homecoming’ — Police tell Senator Natasha
-
metro3 days ago
How they murdered my Kano-bound passengers in Edo
-
metro3 days ago
‘I was offered N5bn bribe to impeach Fubara’
-
metro24 hours ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
Sports3 days ago
Nigerian boxer collapses, dies in ring during fight in Ghana