You went to PEPC to ‘defraud’ us of $15m, N12b, LP faction slams Obi – Newstrends
Connect with us

Politics

You went to PEPC to ‘defraud’ us of $15m, N12b, LP faction slams Obi

Published

on

Alhaji Lamidi Apapa and Peter Obi

You went to PEPC to ‘defraud’ us of $15m, N12b, LP faction slams Obi

The Labour Party faction under the leadership of Alhaji Lamidi Apapa has reacted to the verdict of the Presidential Election Petitions Court, which dismissed the suit filed against the election of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu by the party’s candidate in the presidential poll of February 25, 2023, Peter Obi.

This was contained in a statement by the National Publicity Secretary of the faction, Dr. Abayomi Arabambi, on Wednesday.

According to the statement, the party had warned that Obi was only chasing a wild goose by going to the PEPC, adding that it was a shame his legal team failed to advice him properly before going to the tribunal.

While saying that the Party accept the verdict without any bias, Arabambi added that the whole process was a waste of time.

He said: “Peter Obi has just gone on a wild goose chase, imaging (sic) the candidate that failed to fund the Party in order to engage the number of required polling agents, also the filing of the witnesses outside the stipulated time has shown that the legal team is a failure.

“Some of us have been saying that Peter Obi decided to go to the tribunal to justify all the money he collected during the campaign, all that money was corruptly syphoned.

READ ALSO:

“Its (Sic) unfortunate that Obi failed to convince the Tribunal those polling units where he was rigged out.

“The tribunal also said that he ‘made generic allegations of irregularities against the respondent without specifying the polling units.

“‘The petitioners allege irregularities and will use spreadsheets, inspection reports, and forensic analysis as evidence in the trial.

“‘The documents promised by the petitioners were not attached to the petition and served on the respondents.’”

Arabambi noted that the positions of the Court had been those the party under Apapa had been canvassing, including that “Obi and the Labour Party did not adequately detail their allegations of corrupt practices, vote suppression, fictitious results, and other irregularities in their petition.

“Labour party noted with all sense of purpose and in full agreement with the Presidential Tribunal that Strikes Out Report From The EU Tendered By Peter Obi From Its Record For Not Meeting The Clarification Guidelines.

“The court said it rejected the reports on the ground that it was not tendered by official of the body which is the author and has custody of the document and also that Peter Obi lawyers were aware that the actual copy of the report was earlier in line with all extant Law that same report had earlier been tendered by Atiku Abubakar and PDP while prosecuting their petition before the tribunal.

“The Tribunal also affirmed that the Nigeria Police, through its IGP, had written to the US to confirm the criminal status of Bola Tinubu and the US government had replied in 2003 stating that Bola Tinubu had no criminal records in the US.”

Arabambi added: “Thus our previous position has now been confirmed that Peter Obi was just all out to defraud our party of donations made towards 2023 General Election which was in a scary Sum of $15m dollars and N12 billion Naira that Peter Obi deliberate (sic) used for cure ABURE Poverty lineage and help other Julius ABURE IPOB irresponsible ethnic irredeemable irredentist supporters in order to have a life line.

READ ALSO:

“Our party is also in tandem with the tribunal that the Claim By The Labour Party Concerning the Blurred 18,088 Results Sheets Is Totally Unfounded As The Party Ought To Have Agents At Every Polling Unit Who Will Have A Copy Of The Result Sheet but here Peter Obi fraudulently converted all monies due to our agent across the country and they all refuse to represent the party at all pooling units.

“On Peter Obi request that 25% FCT vote is a requirement before a president can be declared, we noted that this is  a shame on the part of Peter Obi legal teams to be told in clear terms that Abuja Is Equal To Every Other States In Nigeria since according to  the Tribunal , Residents Of Abuja Don’t Have Special Privileges, Every Nigerian Is Equal.

“Finally, in the hall of fame of absurdities, the prayers presented at the tribunal by Peter Obi and the restrained former National Chairman Julius Abure should be framed for entertainment of future students of Law.

“How does anyone claim to have won an election based solely on pejoratives, assumption, vague rhetorics and zero evidence pointing to such being the case, but on the expectation that the actual winner would be disqualified and by some stroke of black magic the candidate in the 3rd place will suddenly be declared winner, without any proof of having scored the Majority vote is absolute rascality on display by Peter Obi and Julius Abure.

“As a law abiding Party, we accept the verdict, and we are going back to the drawing board to know where we have gone wrong.”

You went to PEPC to ‘defraud’ us of $15m, N12b, LP faction slams Obi

Politics

2027 election: Shehu Sani declares bid for Kaduna central senatorial seat

Published

on

Former Kaduna Central Senator, Shehu Sani

2027 election: Shehu Sani declares bid for Kaduna central senatorial seat

Former Kaduna Central Senator, Shehu Sani, has officially announced his intention to contest for re-election in the upcoming 2027 general elections.

Sani made the declaration on Sunday while delivering his Eid-el-Fitr message at his residence in Kaduna. The former senator, known for his vocal stance on national issues, expressed his commitment to representing the people of Kaduna Central once again and addressing key challenges facing the region.

“Any politician contesting an election depends on the political equation that determines the position to vie for. If the conditions are right and the equations are favorable, I will offer myself to contest specifically for the Kaduna Central senatorial district,” he stated.

He further emphasised that his ambition remains secondary to ensuring the re-election of Governor Uba Sani for a second term.

“For now, our priority is to see that the incumbent governor, Uba Sani, is re-elected. We will work with all our might and strength to achieve this. We know there will be challenges and opposition, but we are well prepared for all forces,” he added.

READ ALSO:

Sani also used the occasion to urge Muslims to pray for Nigeria’s peace and unity during the Eid-el-Fitr celebrations. Additionally, he condemned the recent killing of hunters in Edo State, calling on security agencies to apprehend the perpetrators.

“If citizens cannot move freely across the country, then we are not truly a nation. If individuals take the law into their hands for any reason, it means there is no government or authority,” he lamented.

He called on all Nigerians who desire a better country to work towards peace and unity for the preservation of democracy, despite the challenges being experienced.

Sani also urged the government to uphold fundamental human rights, particularly the right to life, as a crucial step towards national stability and development.

2027 election: Shehu Sani declares bid for Kaduna central senatorial seat

Continue Reading

Politics

Wike’s aide slams Atiku, says it’s too late to buy integrity

Published

on

Former Vice President of Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar

Wike’s aide slams Atiku, says it’s too late to buy integrity

Lere Olayinka, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike’s Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and Social Media has alleged that one Nigerian that can never be found in the gathering of men of character and integrity is former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

Olayinka said this while reacting to statement by the Atiku Media Office that Atiku rejected the choice of Wike as his Vice Presidential candidate in the 2023 election of his character.

This was in spite of the fact that a committee set up by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to select a Vice Presidential candidate for the 2023 election had recommended Wike.

However, Olayinka said rather than Wike, it’s Atiku that that lacked character as attested to by his former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo, in his book; My Watch.

According to Olayinka, it was already too late for Atiku to buy ‘character and integrity that he has lacked from birth’.

He said no one could have knew Atiku better than President Olusegun Obasanjo, under whom he served as Vice President for eight years.

READ ALSO:

Olayinka said; “One of the reasons Wike first rejected Atiku’s offer to have him as his running mate was his not too impressive character and integrity rating, until he was prevaied upon. And this, Atiku exhibited when he rejected the decision of committee the party set up to pick his running mate even after telling everyone that the decision of the committee will be bidding on him.

“Now, after his lies that he picked his running mate based on the committee report that placed the former Governor of Delta State, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, as number one was bursted, he is now sermonising about character and integrity, which he, himself does not have.

“Funny that the same Atiku, that his boss described as a ‘blatant and shameless liar,’ is the one talking about character.

“For the records, Obasanjo said in his book, ‘My Watch’ that ‘What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time, a propensity for poor judgement, his belief and reliance on marabouts, his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety, truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.’

“Up till today, Atiku has not debunked what his boss said about him.

“Unlike Atiku, Wike does not hide or pretend on where he stands on issues. He is not one that will do a tweet on major issues and rush to delete it. He didn’t pretend about his position on the 2023 election and he won’t pretend on where he will stand in 2027.

“It is Atiku, that should start being truthful and reliable, especially now that he is old, because everything should not be about desperation to be president.”

 

Wike’s aide slams Atiku, says it’s too late to buy integrity

Continue Reading

Politics

Atiku says he’s not sure about contesting 2027 presidential election

Published

on

Former Vice President of Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar

Atiku says he’s not sure about contesting 2027 presidential election

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said that he does not know if he will contest the presidency in 2027.

Atiku made the remark in a yet-to-be-aired interview for a television show, Untold Stories, with Adesuwa Giwa-Osagie, scheduled for broadcast today but exclusively obtained by Daily Trust.

The former presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) recently announced the formation of a coalition of opposition leaders to wrest power from President Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 2027.

However, there has been widespread speculation about who will lead the coalition and emerge as its presidential candidate, with former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi and former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, being considered among its key figures.

When asked if he would be running for the presidency in 2027, Atiku said: “I don’t know because there has to be, first of all, a viable platform, more than any other time in the political history of this country, particularly since the return of democracy.”

READ ALSO:

Atiku, who has run for the presidency a record six times, did not rule out the possibility of contesting again in 2027.

“I have not seen Nigeria in dire need of, you know, an experienced and credible leadership than this time.

“We had a similar, you know, what would I say, merger in 2014. About four of us or is it three? We all ran for president and one of us emerged, and we all supported the one who emerged, and he won,” he said.

He agreed with former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s assertion that Nigeria’s democracy is deteriorating, saying the situation is “very dire.”

“No doubt about that,” he said.

Atiku also expressed his disappointment with the country’s political leadership.

“The next generation after me, many of them had been governors, had been senators. Instead of me to see an improvement in the level of governance at the state level and so on and so forth, I don’t see it. So I feel a little bit distressed.”

Atiku also questioned the credibility of the current legislative leadership, especially as it relates to the National Assembly’s ratification of the state of emergency in Rivers State

“I am not surprised,” he said, alleging that they are corrupt.

 

Atiku says he’s not sure about contesting 2027 presidential election

Continue Reading

Trending