Entertainment
VIDEO: Asake reconciles with father, promises to purchase house, cover medical bills
VIDEO: Asake reconciles with father, promises to purchase house, cover medical bills
Nigerian music star Ahmed Ololade, popularly known as Asake, has promised to purchase a house for his father, Fatai Odunsi, and cover his medical expenses.
This comes just days after Odunsi publicly accused Asake of abandoning him since his health started declining in 2022.
Odunsi, who has been battling stroke, alleged that despite Asake’s fame and fortune, he had not been financially supportive.
However, in a new video released on Sunday, Odunsi confirmed that his son has now reached out to him.
Speaking in Yoruba, he expressed pride in Asake and showered him with prayers.
He added that he called out Asake because it had been a long time since he saw him.
READ ALSO:
- Trump invokes Alien Enemies Act, deports over 200 gang members
- Newcastle stun Liverpool to secure Carabao Cup victory
- 1,319 died of Diphtheria in Nigeria, says NCDC
Odunsi said: “His mother ought to ask him when last he saw me. That was what got me angry, but we have sorted all the problems. We are no longer fighting.”
He further revealed that Asake has instructed real estate agents to find him a new home, saying “Asake said he will do everything that I want. We have settled, no more problems. They are now looking for a new house that he will buy for me. He has settled everything.”
Additionally, Odunsi confirmed that Asake has agreed to take full responsibility for his 11-year-old daughter, Zeenat.
Odunsi said: “He has never denied his child, but he has now promised to take full responsibility for the child.”
He also mentioned that he would be going to the hospital the next day, as Asake had sent him all the necessary funds for his treatment.
𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎: 𝐀𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬
Nigerian music star Ahmed Ololade, popularly known as Asake, has promised to purchase a house for his father, Fatai Odunsi,… pic.twitter.com/aUwWlIn53C
— Punch Newspapers (@MobilePunch) March 16, 2025
VIDEO: Asake reconciles with father, promises to purchase house, cover medical bills
Entertainment
Rosy Meurer Denies Snatching Churchill From Tonto Dikeh
Rosy Meurer Denies Snatching Churchill From Tonto Dikeh
Nollywood actress Rosy Meurer has firmly denied rumors that she snatched her husband, Olakunle Churchill, from actress Tonto Dikeh, calling the speculation false, misleading, and fueled by social media gossip.
In a series of Instagram videos, Meurer clarified that she is happy in her marriage and has no reason to unfollow her husband, despite claims circulating online after Churchill celebrated his son’s birthday with Tonto Dikeh. She explained that Churchill was in Lagos to bond with his son, and she fully supports his relationship with all his children.
“I got a lot of calls today from people asking why I unfollowed my husband on Instagram. I never unfollowed him, and I never will. When I go to his page, it still shows I am following. I have no reason to unfollow him. I am not that petty,” she said.
READ ALSO:
- Gabon Suspends Social Media Over False Information, Cyber Threats
- BREAKING: Academic Activities Halted as ASUU Resumes Strike
- Ramadan Health Tips: Six Ways to Stay Hydrated While Fasting
Meurer also addressed allegations that she had any prior relationship with Tonto Dikeh, insisting she never met or was friends with her. She explained that the actress is 10 years older than her, and that her relationship with Churchill developed independently of his past marriage.
“All the news that I was her best friend and I snatched her hubby is all lies. When he was married, he was like a brother to me and helped me in my career. We were not dating. I do not know what happened between him and his ex-wife,” she added.
The actress emphasized that she is not a bad person and loves all of Churchill’s children equally, offering to care for any of them if her husband requested. She also asked the public to allow her family to enjoy private moments, including celebrations with Churchill’s son.
Social media reactions to Meurer’s clarification have been mixed, with fans praising her for setting the record straight, while others continue to debate long-standing speculations. Her statement highlights the impact of online rumors on celebrity relationships and the power of social media to distort reality.
Rosy Meurer Denies Snatching Churchill From Tonto Dikeh
Entertainment
Actress Destiny Etiko Breaks Silence on Alleged Nollywood Betrayal
Actress Destiny Etiko Breaks Silence on Alleged Nollywood Betrayal
Destiny Etiko has ignited fresh controversy in Nollywood after publicly accusing a fellow actress of betrayal, false allegations, and fabricated lies, setting social media abuzz with speculation and divided opinions.
The popular screen star took to her verified social media pages to vent her frustration, alleging that a trusted colleague deliberately twisted facts and spread damaging narratives about her. Etiko said she had endured the situation quietly for a long time but was forced to speak out after the claims began to threaten her reputation and personal integrity.
According to her, the alleged betrayal cuts deep because it came from someone she supported both personally and professionally. She warned that lies circulated for clout or sympathy may gain temporary attention but will eventually collapse under the weight of truth.
READ ALSO:
- Ramadan Health Tips: Six Ways to Stay Hydrated While Fasting
- Tinubu Urges Senate to Confirm Yusuf for NAHCON, Marafa for INEC
- Galatasaray Stun Juventus 5–2 in UEFA Champions League
“I have stayed silent for too long, but I won’t allow anyone to destroy my name with fabricated stories,” she wrote, stressing that dignity and honesty matter more than online validation.
Although Etiko stopped short of naming the colleague involved, the post immediately triggered intense speculation among fans and bloggers. Some social media users rallied behind the actress, praising her courage for speaking up, while others urged restraint and called for a peaceful resolution to avoid escalating tensions within the industry.
Several Nollywood insiders also weighed in indirectly, using the moment to caution against public feuds, online dragging, and the growing culture of airing private disputes on social media. They stressed that unresolved conflicts risk damaging the image of the industry as a whole.
As of the time of filing this report, the colleague accused by Etiko has yet to issue a public response. The unfolding drama has once again highlighted the challenges of fame, trust, and rivalry in Nigeria’s thriving film industry.
Actress Destiny Etiko Breaks Silence on Alleged Nollywood Betrayal
Entertainment
Mystery in Lekki: Police Probe Death of Two Nollywood Crew Found Lifeless in Parked Car
Mystery in Lekki: Police Probe Death of Two Nollywood Crew Found Lifeless in Parked Car
The Lagos State Police Command has intensified investigations into the mysterious deaths of two Nollywood production crew members found lifeless inside a parked vehicle at a movie location in Lekki Phase 1.
The case, now under the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Yaba, is being treated as an unnatural death, with autopsy and toxicology examinations underway to determine the exact cause.
The deceased were identified as Godstime Imeh, a lighting director and Chief Executive Officer of GeeTee Light, and Walter Odediran, a creative video director popularly known as Director Carrinqton.
Discovery at Film Location
The tragic incident occurred on Saturday, February 7, 2026, at a residential premises where a film directed by former Big Brother Naija housemate, Boma, was being shot.
According to sources familiar with the production, the two men had arrived early at the location to set up lighting equipment for a medical scene reportedly scheduled to be filmed at Evercare Hospital later in the day.
READ ALSO:
- NSCIA Secretary-General Clarifies Council Receives No Government Funding
- Saudi Supreme Court Calls on Muslims to Sight Ramadan Crescent Moon on Tuesday Evening
- Nigeria Tax Act 2025: FG Clarifies No New Construction or Bank Taxes
After completing their installation around mid-morning, they reportedly decided to rest inside Imeh’s tinted Nissan vehicle while awaiting further instructions.
At about 11am, a crew member delivered breakfast—yam and omelette—to the duo. They were last seen reclining in the vehicle with the air-conditioning running.
Concern arose when repeated phone calls to both men went unanswered by noon. However, their absence did not trigger immediate alarm until evening. Around 7pm, after filming wrapped, colleagues checked the vehicle and found both men unresponsive.
Family sources disclosed that one of the victims was found seated upright with foam around his mouth, while the other was slumped, with traces of blood reportedly visible around his nose, eyes, and mouth.
Case Escalated to SCID
The incident was initially reported at Maroko Police Station but was later transferred to the SCID, Yaba, for comprehensive investigation.
Speaking on the development, Kola Odediran, elder brother of Walter, described the loss as devastating.
“Walter and I were extremely close. He was 36, the last-born of our family. He worked very closely with Godstime on productions. We want a thorough investigation to know exactly what happened,” he said.
Police sources confirmed that the film producer, members of the production team, the food vendor, the individual who delivered the meal, and management of the hospital linked to the shoot have all been questioned.
The food vendor is currently in custody as part of ongoing investigations.
Multiple Angles Under Review
Investigators are exploring several possible scenarios, including:
Food contamination or poisoning
Carbon monoxide exposure from the running vehicle
Environmental hazards, including heavy-duty industrial generators reportedly located above the parking area
Possible mechanical malfunction
Forensic experts are conducting autopsy and toxicology tests, while the vehicle is undergoing mechanical examination. CCTV footage from the premises is also being reviewed.
Police authorities stated that no conclusion would be drawn until laboratory analyses are completed, stressing that “all possibilities remain open.”
The deaths have sent shockwaves through the Nollywood community, with colleagues calling for improved safety protocols on film locations.
For the bereaved family, however, the focus remains on finding answers.
“This has been extremely painful for us,” Kola said. “Our mother is devastated. We just want the truth.”
Mystery in Lekki: Police Probe Death of Two Nollywood Crew Found Lifeless in Parked Car
-
News3 days agoOsogbo Sons and Daughters Mark 5th Anniversary with Awards, Political Undertones
-
News1 day agoSaudi Arabia Confirms Sighting of Ramadan Crescent, Fasting Begins Wednesday
-
metro2 days agoUS Freezes Assets of Eight Nigerians Over Boko Haram, ISIL, Cybercrime Links
-
News20 hours agoRamadan Begins in Nigeria as Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting
-
metro22 hours agoLagos Woman Shares Ordeal After Alleged Rape, Sparks Nationwide Outcry
-
Entertainment2 days agoMystery in Lekki: Police Probe Death of Two Nollywood Crew Found Lifeless in Parked Car
-
metro2 days agoTerror in Lagos Traffic: Cutlass Gang Unleashes Mayhem on Mile 12–Ketu Road
-
Auto2 days agoAppeal Court Ruling on VIO Limited to Abuja, Not Lagos — LASG


