Govt orders all civil servants to resume Oct 19 - Newstrends
Connect with us

News

Govt orders all civil servants to resume Oct 19

Published

on

All civil servants have been asked to return to work with effect from October 19.

The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, and the National Coordinator, Sanni Aliyu, gave the directive on Thursday at a press briefing of the group.

To reduce the spread of coronavirus, only government workers from Grade Level 12 salary and those on essential duties have been going to work since March this year.

The PTF said civil servants below level 12 should resume work by next Monday.

It further directed Ministries, Departments and Agencies to ensure that they alternate the days the workers would be at work to ensure social distancing.

Meanwhile, the PTF has urged Nigerians not to lower their guard and be prepared for a possible second wave of the pandemic.

It therefore said it would unveil the next steps regarding the next phase of the eased lockdown before the weekend as findings and recommendations had been compiled and would be presented to President Muhammadu Buhari in its interim report.

Mustapha, who is also Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), said no nation could be said to be immune to a possible second wave if the guidelines and protocols were not strictly observed.

News

Osun Rep unveils N100m varsity scholarship

Published

on

Hon. Lukman Kayode Mudashiru

Osun Rep unveils N100m varsity scholarship

The member representing Iwo/Ayedire/Ola-Oluwa Federal Constituency of Osun State, Lukman Kayode Mudashiru, has earmarked N100 million to sponsor indigent students from the constituency for university education.

A statement on Saturday from his media office said successful applicants would be sponsored for four-year undergraduate programmes at Ahman Patigi University, Kwara State.

Mudashiru had set up a scholarship committee comprising respected individuals from the community in order to ensure transparency and efficient selection process.

READ ALSO:

He said the goal of the committee was to identify and support indigent students based on merit, assuring that the committee would discharge its duty judiciously “to maximize its impact on the lives of our youths.”

The lawmaker said: “This initiative is a testament to our unwavering dedication to the educational upliftment of our community. We are determined to ensure that deserving students receive the support they need to pursue higher education.

“Education is the bedrock of development, and I am proud to deliver on my promise to support the aspirations of our youths. This scholarship program is an investment in the future leaders of Iwo, Ayedire, and Olaoluwa Local Government Areas, and I am confident that it will yield positive results for our community.”

Osun Rep unveils N100m varsity scholarship

Continue Reading

News

Reps to monitor probe of military drone attack

Published

on

Reps to monitor probe of military drone attack

The House of Representatives say it will monitor the investigation into the military drone attack that killed over 80 Nigerians in Kaduna State on Nov. 3.

Rep. Babajimi Benson, Chairman, House Committee on Defence, gave the assurance in a statement titled, “Tudun Biri tragedy elicits profound sorrow” in Abuja on Saturday.

He expressed regrets over the ugly incident, while tasking authorities of the Nigerian Army and other security agencies to prioritise the safety of civilians during operations.

He urged them to exercise utmost caution, and implement measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

He said: “The unfortunate incident in Tudun Biri community, Kaduna state, has cast a sobre mood over the hearts of all Nigerians; the House Committee on Defence is profoundly saddened by this regrettable incident.

“The loss of innocent lives in this tragic incident is heartbreaking, and our thoughts and prayers are with the affected families.

READ ALSO:

“We would like to recognise the prompt admission of responsibility by the Nigerian Army following the accidental air strike.”

He commended various stakeholders who played crucial roles in alleviating the suffering of the victims.

He said the incident underscored the significance of exercising caution and precision in military operations, particularly in areas with civilian populations.

He said the committee acknowledged the complexities encountered by the Armed Forces of Nigeria in upholding security and addressing diverse threats across the country.

He commended the dedication and sacrifices exhibited by the Armed Forces and other security agencies in the service of the nation.

“It remains crucial for the public to steadfastly support our troops, acknowledging the intricate nature of the security environment in which they operate.

“The House Committee on Defence will closely monitor the investigations and work collaboratively with the military authorities to ensure that corrective measures are implemented to prevent the recurrence of such unfortunate incidents, ” he said.

Reps to monitor probe of military drone attack

(NAN)

Continue Reading

News

Tinubu commiserates Saudi Royal family over death of Prince

Published

on

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Tinubu commiserates Saudi Royal family over death of Prince

President Bola Tinubu, on Saturday, commiserated with the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman of Saudi Arabia, and the Royal House of Saudi on the passing of Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz bin Bandar Al Saud who died in jet crash Thursday.

The Saudi Royal Court announced that Prince Talal Bin Abdulaziz died when the Saudi Arabian Air Force’s F-15SA fighter plane crashed in Dhahran on December 7.

However, it did not disclose the injuries that led to the prince’s death.

Talal, 62, who was on a training mission died alongside one other pilot.

READ ALSO:

The last rituals for Talal will be carried out at the Imam Turki bin Abdullah Mosque in Riyadh, said the monarchy.

In a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, President

Tinubu expressed grief at the loss, acknowledging the departed Prince’s excellent and dedicated service to his country throughout his outstanding career in the Royal Saudi Air Force and the Saudi Intelligence Agency.

According to the statement titled ‘President Tinubu mourns Saudi Prince Talal Bin Abdulaziz Bin Bandar Al Saud,’ the President prayed God Almighty to grant repose to the soul of the departed, and comfort for the Royal House of Saud, the Kingdom, and all who mourn this irreparable loss.

Prince Talal joins a list of Saudi Royals who were either involved in or lost their lives in aviation accidents dating back to a 2017 helicopter crash that killed Prince Mansour bin Muqrin and seven others near the Saudi-Yemeni border.

Tinubu commiserates Saudi Royal family over death of Prince

Continue Reading

Trending

Skip to content