My husband drugged me for others to rape me - Woman - Newstrends
Connect with us

metro

My husband drugged me for others to rape me – Woman

Published

on

My husband drugged me for others to rape me – Woman

Warning: This story contains distressing details from the start.

A French woman who was raped by unknown men over 10 years after being drugged to sleep by her husband told a court of her horror at learning how she had been abused.

Gisèle Pélicot, who is 72, was giving evidence on day three of the trial in Avignon, south-east France, of 51 men – including her husband of 50 years, Dominique. All are accused of rape.

Documents before court indicate that Dominique Pélicot, 71, admitted to police that he got satisfaction from watching other men have sex with his unconscious wife.

Many defendants in the case contest the rape charge against them, claiming that they thought they were taking part in a consensual sex game.

But Gisèle Pélicot told the court she was “never complicit” in the sexual acts and had never pretended to be asleep.

This is a case that has shocked France, all the more so because the trial is being held in public.

Gisèle waived her right to anonymity to shift the “shame” back onto the accused, her legal team has previously said.

Taking the stand on Thursday, she said she was speaking for “every woman who’s been drugged without knowing it… so that no woman has to suffer.”

She recalled the moment in November 2020 when she was asked by police to attend an interview alongside her husband.

He had recently been caught taking under-skirt photographs of women at a supermarket, and Gisèle told the court she believed the meeting with police was a formality related to that incident.

“The police officer asked me about my sex life,” she told the court. “I told him I had never practised partner-swapping or threesomes. I said I was a one-man woman. I couldn’t bear any man’s hands on me other than my husband’s.

READ ALSO:

“But after an hour the officer said, ‘I am going to show you some things which you will not find pleasant’. He opened a folder and he showed me a photograph.

“I did not recognise either the man or the woman asleep on the bed. The officer asked: ‘Madame, is this your bed and bedside table?’

“It was hard to recognise myself dressed up in a way that was unfamiliar. Then he showed me a second photo and a third.

“I asked him to stop. It was unbearable. I was inert, in my bed, and a man was raping me. My world fell apart.”

Gisèle said that up until then their marriage had been generally happy, and she and her husband had overcome a number of financial and health-related difficulties. She said she had forgiven the upskirting after he promised her that it had been a one-off incident.

“All that we had built together had gone. Our three children, seven grandchildren. We used to be an ideal couple.

“I just wanted to disappear. But I had to tell my children their father was under arrest. I asked my son-in-law to stay next to my daughter when I told her that her father had raped me, and had me raped by others.

“She let out a howl, whose sound is still etched on my mind.”

In the coming days, the court will hear more evidence from the investigation, about how Dominique allegedly contacted men via sex-chat websites and invited them to his suburban home in Mazan, a town north-east of Avignon.

Police claim the men were given strict instructions. They had to park at some distance from the house so as to not attract attention, and to wait for up to an hour so that the sleeping drugs which he had given Gisèle could take effect.

They further claim that, once in the home, the men were told to undress in the kitchen, and then to warm their hands with hot water or on a radiator. Tobacco and perfume were not allowed in case they awoke Gisèle. Condoms were not required.

READ ALSO:

No money changed hands.

According to the investigation, Dominique watched and filmed the proceedings, eventually creating a hard-drive file with some 4,000 photos and videos on it. It was as a result of the upskirting episode that police found the files on his computer.

Police say they have evidence of around 200 rapes carried out between 2011 and 2020, initially at their home outside Paris, but mainly in Mazan, where they moved in 2013.

Investigators allege that just over half the rapes were carried out by her husband. Most of the other men lived only a few kilometres away.

Asked Thursday by the judge if she knew any of the accused, Gisèle said she recognised only one.

“He was our neighbour. He came over to check our bikes. I used to see him at the bakery. He was always polite. I had no idea he was coming to rape me.”

Gisèle was then reminded by the judge that in order to respect the presumption of innocence, it had been agreed in court not to use the word rape but “sex scene”.

She replied: “I just think they should recognise the facts. When I think of what they have done I am overcome with disgust. They should at least have the responsibility to recognise what they did.”

After the truth emerged, Gisèle found that she was carrying four sexually-transmitted diseases.

“I have had no sympathy from any of the accused. One who was HIV-positive came six times. Not once did my husband express any concern about my health,” she said.

She is now in the process of divorcing him.

After speaking for two hours in front of Dominique and the other accused, she said: “Inside me, it is a scene of devastation. The façade may look solid… but behind it…”

My husband drugged me for others to rape me – Woman

BBC

Loading

metro

Just In: FG Announces Public Holiday – Here’s When Nigerians Will Get Break

Published

on

Just In: FG Announces Public Holiday – Here's When Nigerians Will Get Break
Minister of Interior, Dr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo

Just In: FG Announces Public Holiday – Here’s When Nigerians Will Get Break

In a move that has sparked excitement across the country, the Federal Government has made an official declaration that will see workers nationwide enjoy a well-deserved break from their daily routines. The announcement, which came through the Ministry of Interior on Friday, has sent waves of anticipation through offices and businesses as citizens begin making plans for the upcoming holiday.

The Federal Government has officially declared a public holiday to commemorate this year’s Eid ul Mawlid, which marks the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). The declaration gives workers across the country a break and provides Muslim faithful an opportunity to observe the occasion with prayers, religious activities, and family gatherings. The declaration was made by the Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, on behalf of the Federal Government in a statement issued on Friday, August 21, by the ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Dr Magdalene Ajani. The announcement has been welcomed by Muslim communities across Nigeria, who are now preparing to mark the significant religious occasion with traditional observances and communal festivities.

READ ALSO:

In his goodwill message, Tunji-Ojo extended warm felicitations to Muslims in Nigeria and across the diaspora, while also urging all Nigerians, regardless of their religious affiliations, to use the occasion as an opportunity for introspection and moral renewal. He emphasised that the life and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad offer timeless lessons that transcend religious boundaries and speak to the universal values of humanity. The minister stated that every Eid ul Mawlid gives citizens reason to pause and draw lessons from a life defined by compassion, humility and service to others, adding that these are qualities the nation needs now more than ever. He encouraged every Nigerian, not just Muslim brothers and sisters, to reflect on them, underscoring the importance of embracing these virtues as a foundation for national transformation.

The minister stressed that the celebration period should serve as a time for collective prayer for peace, unity, and national cohesion, emphasising that the task of maintaining peace across the country requires the collective efforts of all citizens, irrespective of their ethnic or religious backgrounds. He called on citizens to observe the celebration with restraint, mutual respect, and consideration for one another, while wishing the Muslim community a joyous and peaceful Eid. Tunji-Ojo further noted that the occasion presents an opportunity for Nigerians to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and foster a spirit of tolerance and understanding, which are essential for the nation’s progress and development.

Reaffirming the Tinubu administration’s commitment to safeguarding lives and property, the minister assured Nigerians that the government remains dedicated to ensuring peace and stability across the nation at all times. He encouraged citizens to support initiatives designed to promote national unity and peaceful coexistence among Nigerians of diverse religious and cultural backgrounds, noting that sustainable development can only thrive in an environment of peace and security.

Eid ul Mawlid, also known as Mawlid al-Nabi, is observed by Muslims in many parts of the world to honour the birth of Prophet Muhammad. In Nigeria, the occasion is usually marked with special prayers, religious gatherings, lectures, and charitable activities. The declaration means workers across the country will enjoy a day off from work on the designated day, giving many Nigerians an opportunity to rest, spend quality time with family, and participate in Eid ul Mawlid activities. Businesses, schools, and government offices are expected to remain closed on the holiday.

Just In: FG Announces Public Holiday – Here’s When Nigerians Will Get Break

Loading

Continue Reading

metro

Dry Cleaner Pleads Guilty to Stealing Senator Ireti Kingibe’s Jewellery Worth N45.7 Million

Published

on

Dry Cleaner Pleads Guilty to Stealing Senator Ireti Kingibe's Jewellery Worth N45.7 Million
Senator Ireti Kingibe

Abuja Dry Cleaner Pleads Guilty to Stealing Senator Ireti Kingibe’s Jewellery Worth N45.7 Million

A Chief Magistrates’ Court in Dutse, Abuja, has ordered the remand of a 52-year-old dry cleaner, Abdul Mohammed, who pleaded guilty to stealing expensive jewellery belonging to Senator Ireti Kingibe, the lawmaker representing the Federal Capital Territory in the National Assembly. The stolen items, which included gold bangles, necklaces, luxury wristwatches, and earrings, were allegedly sold by the suspect to two buyers for a total sum of N45.7 million.

Magistrate Abdullahi Ilelah gave the remand order on Friday following Mohammed’s guilty plea and adjourned the matter until September 21 for sentencing, allowing the court time to deliberate on the appropriate penalty for the offence .

The case has drawn significant attention due to the high-profile nature of the victim and the brazen breach of trust by a service provider who had been granted access to the senator’s residence. The prosecution told the court that Senator Kingibe, who resides in the upscale Zangon Daura Estate in Kado, Abuja, first reported the incident at the Criminal Investigation Department of the Nigeria Police Force on June 27 .

READ ALSO:

According to the prosecution counsel, Adama Musa, the dry cleaner gained unlawful entry into the complainant’s private room, where he forcefully broke open her jewellery box and carted away an assortment of high-value items . The offence, which contravenes Section 289 of the Penal Code Law, carries prescribed punishment for theft and related property offences .

During police investigation, Mohammed reportedly confessed to the crime and disclosed that he did not act alone in disposing of the stolen assets . The defendant admitted to selling all the stolen jewellery to two buyers, identified as Suleiman Isah and Isah Yusuf, both residents of the Federal Capital Territory, for a total sum of N45.7 million . This confession formed a crucial part of the evidence linking him to the crime.

The prosecution urged the court to proceed with sentencing without further delay, citing Section 112(8) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015, which empowers the court to act swiftly on guilty pleas in appropriate circumstances . The court is now expected to determine the legal consequences for the convicted dry cleaner when it reconvenes for sentencing on September 21 .

Dry Cleaner Pleads Guilty to Stealing Senator Ireti Kingibe’s Jewellery Worth N45.7 Million

Loading

Continue Reading

metro

Ooni of Ife, Other South-West Monarchs, Sunday Igboho Unite for Historic Security Summit in Ekiti

Published

on

Ooni of Ife, Other South-West Monarchs, Sunday Igboho Unite for Historic Security Summit in Ekiti
Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi and Chief Sunday Adeyemo, widely known as Sunday Igboho

Ooni of Ife, Other South-West Monarchs, Sunday Igboho Unite for Historic Security Summit in Ekiti

In a historic show of unity, traditional rulers across the South-West geopolitical zone have finalized plans to hold a high-stakes security meeting with Yoruba nation activist and founder of the Iru Ekun Security Network, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, widely known as Sunday Igboho. The meeting, scheduled to take place today (Friday) in Ijero Ekiti, Ekiti State, marks a major turning point in regional efforts to combat rising insecurity through collaborative community-based strategies.

The high-level gathering will be hosted by the Owa Ajero of Ijero Ekiti, Oba Joseph Adebayo Adewole, and presided over by the Co-Chairman of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria (NCTRN), Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi, who also serves as the Permanent Chairman of the Southern Nigerian Traditional Rulers Council (SNTRC). This convergence of royal authority and grassroots security activism underscores the urgent need for inclusive, homegrown solutions to the banditry, kidnapping, and communal violence threatening rural communities across the region.

According to a statement released by the Igboho media office on Friday, the stakeholders’ meeting will bring together monarchs from Oyo, Lagos, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, and parts of Kwara State. The breadth of representation highlights the collective determination of South-West leaders to transcend political and ethnic divisions in pursuit of lasting peace. The meeting is expected to deliberate extensively on measures aimed at ensuring effective security architecture for the South West, with particular emphasis on synergizing local initiatives such as the Iru Ekun Security Network with existing state and federal security frameworks.

READ ALSO:

A central focus of the discussions will be the active involvement of traditional rulers in local security management. Given their deep-rooted connections to grassroots communities, monarchs are uniquely positioned to mediate disputes, gather intelligence, and foster trust between security agencies and the populace. The meeting will also address the prevention of inter-ethnic crises and the management of disputes between Yoruba communities and other ethnic nationalities residing in the South-West, reinforcing the region’s long-standing tradition of peaceful coexistence.

In a notable departure from past tensions, the statement from Igboho’s media office commended federal security agencies—including the Nigerian Army, the Department of State Services (DSS), the Nigeria Police Force, and other paramilitary bodies—for their “enormous support” of the Iru Ekun Security Network. The activist’s team assured the public of continued cooperation with all stakeholders in the security sector to sustain the prevailing peace and safety in the South West. This gesture of goodwill follows a significant reconciliation earlier in August 2026, when the Ooni of Ife publicly endorsed Igboho’s security initiative with a donation of ₦100 million and a Hilux vehicle, signaling a new era of collaboration between traditional institutions and civil society security advocates.

The statement specifically appreciated the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu; the Minister of Defence, General Christopher Musa (rtd); the Inspector General of Police, Tunji Disu; and the Director-General of the DSS, Adeola Oluwatosin Ajayi, for their visible efforts, which have contributed to a drastic reduction in cases of insecurity and other criminalities across Nigeria. This acknowledgment reflects a growing recognition that sustainable security requires a multi-stakeholder approach, where federal agencies, state governments, traditional rulers, and community networks work in tandem.

As the South-West grapples with complex security challenges, today’s meeting in Ijero Ekiti represents more than a routine consultation—it is a bold statement of intent. By bridging the gap between traditional authority and grassroots activism, the region’s leaders are charting a pragmatic path toward safer, more resilient communities. The outcomes of this historic gathering are likely to shape the trajectory of local security governance in Yorubaland for years to come.

Ooni of Ife, Other South-West Monarchs, Sunday Igboho Unite for Historic Security Summit in Ekiti

Loading

Continue Reading

Trending