Politics
Nnamani quits PDP after senatorial seat loss

A former Governor of Enugu State, Senator Chimaroke Nnamani, has announced his resignation from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
This came a few hours after losing his senatorial seat.
Nnamani, in a statement in Abuja on Monday, expressed appreciation to his constituents for their support over the years.
The senator said he had consulted with his associates and constituents and decided to quit the PDP on account of irreconcilable differences with the national leadership of the party.
The PDP had earlier expelled him over alleged anti-party activities and said the party had withdrawn from contesting the Enugu East Senatorial District election.
Nnamani said he had moved on but failed to disclose whether he would be joining any other party.
He has however admired and praised the qualities of the president-elect, Bola Tinubu, and promised to work for his victory even before the presidential election held on February 25.
Politics
Updated: You can only be admitted from wards, SDP tells El-Rufai, others

Updated: You can only be admitted from wards, SDP tells El-Rufai, others
Former Kaduna State Governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai and other political leaders planning to join the Social Democratic Party (SDP) have been told to follow due process.
The Forum of State Chairmen of the SDP said new members could only be admitted from their wards.
They rose from an inaugural meeting of the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) chairmen in Abuja yesterday to give the directive.
The forum said there would be no sacred or preferential treatment for new joiners.
Last month, El-Rufai through his X handle announced his membership of the SDP, a move the Kaduna State chapter of the party rejected.
The party stated that he is not a recognised member.
It’s Assistant National Secretary (North West) , Idris Inuwa, at a news conference said El-Rufai’s entry into the party remained a rumour as he was yet to follow due process.
Welcoming new members after its meeting, the Chairman of the forum and Lagos State Chairman, Femi Olaniyi, said the forum resolved to welcome the influx of new members, including prominent politicians from across the country but gave conditions to be fulfilled.
Olaniyi said, “New members will be admitted and registered through the party’s internal structures, led by the chairmen.”
“New members cannot admit or register themselves as members of the party,” he added.
READ ALSO:
- Road closure: Reno Omokri tackles angry Lagos residents over gridlock
- ICPC vows to jail LGA chairmen found diverting funds
- Court stops police, DSS from arresting Fubara’s Chief of Staff
On the ongoing moves by some opposition elements to join the party ahead of 2027, the SDP sub-national leaders warned that “democratically elected structures of the SDP at the state and national levels must not be truncated or dissolved to appease new joiners or at the whims of any individuals or interests. Elected officials should be allowed to serve out their terms.”
Admitting that the merger talks with the party may warrant some structural adjustments to accommodate new members, the state chairmen warned that fundamental issues such as changes to the party’s name, logo, insignia, slogan, or any drastic alterations to the party’s Constitution or Manifesto must not be undertaken.
According to them, such issues and changes should be thoroughly discussed by the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party before taking any action.
The forum passed vote of confidence in the Shehu Musa Gabam-led National Working Committee (NWC).
They also hailed members nationwide for their outstanding efforts in building and positively repositioning the party.
Updated: You can only be admitted from wards, SDP tells El-Rufai, others
Politics
One battle down, two to go, Natasha speaks on INEC rejection of her recall petition

One battle down, two to go, Natasha speaks on INEC rejection of her recall petition
Lawmaker representing Kogi Central in the Senate, Natasha Akpoti Uduaghan, has reacted to the rejection of a petition to recall her by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The electoral body had said the petition for the recall of the senator did not meet the requirement of the Nigerian Constitution.
It said in a tweet on its official handle, on Thursday, “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).”
INEC said the number of constituents who signed the petition against the suspended lawmaker fell short of 50% of registered voters in the constituency as required by the constitution.
The development comes after the suspended lawmaker accused the electoral body of bias in the attempt to recall from the Senate.
Reacting through her official Facebook page, Natasha wrote, “Oh God it’s victory for the people. One battle down, two more to go.
“Deep gratitude to my beloved husband, awesome support team, magnificent people of Kogi Central and great people of Nigeria at large.
“INEC Nigeria, you did well. Senator Natasha H Akpoti Uduaghan Proudly Kogi Central.”
Politics
2027 election: Shehu Sani declares bid for Kaduna central senatorial seat

2027 election: Shehu Sani declares bid for Kaduna central senatorial seat
Former Kaduna Central Senator, Shehu Sani, has officially announced his intention to contest for re-election in the upcoming 2027 general elections.
Sani made the declaration on Sunday while delivering his Eid-el-Fitr message at his residence in Kaduna. The former senator, known for his vocal stance on national issues, expressed his commitment to representing the people of Kaduna Central once again and addressing key challenges facing the region.
“Any politician contesting an election depends on the political equation that determines the position to vie for. If the conditions are right and the equations are favorable, I will offer myself to contest specifically for the Kaduna Central senatorial district,” he stated.
He further emphasised that his ambition remains secondary to ensuring the re-election of Governor Uba Sani for a second term.
“For now, our priority is to see that the incumbent governor, Uba Sani, is re-elected. We will work with all our might and strength to achieve this. We know there will be challenges and opposition, but we are well prepared for all forces,” he added.
READ ALSO:
- How they murdered my Kano-bound passengers in Edo
- Adeleke threatens to dethrone monarchs over communal crisis
- ‘Killing of Democracy’ comment: Reno Omokri disagrees with Dele Momodu
Sani also used the occasion to urge Muslims to pray for Nigeria’s peace and unity during the Eid-el-Fitr celebrations. Additionally, he condemned the recent killing of hunters in Edo State, calling on security agencies to apprehend the perpetrators.
“If citizens cannot move freely across the country, then we are not truly a nation. If individuals take the law into their hands for any reason, it means there is no government or authority,” he lamented.
He called on all Nigerians who desire a better country to work towards peace and unity for the preservation of democracy, despite the challenges being experienced.
Sani also urged the government to uphold fundamental human rights, particularly the right to life, as a crucial step towards national stability and development.
2027 election: Shehu Sani declares bid for Kaduna central senatorial seat
-
metro2 days ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
metro1 day ago
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
-
International1 day ago
Trump slams Nigeria with high tariff in shocking trade crackdown
-
metro2 days ago
Updated: Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji goes berserk, kills 12 for Eid
-
metro2 days ago
Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
-
metro2 days ago
Police hunt for last suspect in LASU graduate killing
-
metro1 day ago
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail
-
Business1 day ago
More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office