Connect with us

metro

Terrorist Threatens To Kill 300 People Over Death Of Bride, Two Others In Zamfara

Published

on

A terrorist known as Nasanda, has vowed to avenge the death of his bride, her uncle and aunt whom he said were allegedly killed by some vigilante men recently in Zamfara State, by killing 300 people.

To this end, he gave a 14-day ultimatum to the state government to pay 30 million naira as compensation on the three deceased persons.

Failure to pay the compensation, he vowed, would lead to the killing of 300 locals.

In a recorded audio message trending on social media, Nasanda disclosed how his bride, her uncle, and aunt were allegedly killed by the vigilante.

He described their gruesome murder as deliberate even stating that the vigilante men knew that they were related to him.

In the audio, the terrorist was quoted as saying that he has been realistic and not greedy in asking for the N30 million compensation.

According to him, if he was greedy, he would have asked for N50 million per person.

READ ALSO:

“I am not giving months, but 14 days, for my demands to be met. And we will not attack until when people are on their farms. If our Fulani people are not allowed to live in peace, we will also not allow others to live in peace.

“If the government can’t pay the money, I will do what I am used to. That is I will take the life of 300 people to avenge the death of my bride and two of her relations. Yes, the lives of 900 will be in danger,” he asserted.

Recall in 2021, when the terrorist’s son was killed, it was gathered that he killed about 100 people to avenge his death.

It was also alleged that in the same year, he masterminded the kidnapping of female students at Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, in Talatan Mafara.

At the time of filing this report, there was no statement from the police or the state government over the threats.

But in a recent statement released by the Special Adviser on Media and Communication, Zailani Bappa, on Thursday said the state government said it was adopting a new approach and strategy in combating the menace.

The statement maintained that, “we are not going to rest on our oars and watch the situation go from bad to worse.

The statement further said, “the government is very concerned with the rate at which the criminals are launching a comeback, but assured that new tactics and strategy are being employed to deal with the trend.”
TRIBUNE

metro

Ex-defence chief’s son beats up motorist for complaining of damaging his car

Published

on

Kayode Petirin, a son of an ex-Chief of Defence Staff, Oluseyi Petition, has reportedly beaten up a Lagos motorist, identified as Sola, for daring to complain about his damaged car hit by Kayode.

The assault was said to have taken place in the CMS area of Lagos.

PUNCH Metro reported that Kayode, who is a naval officer, damaged Sola’s car while trying to manoeuvre on the Bus Rapid Transit lane along the axis on Tuesday.

It was learnt that when Sola complained about his damaged car, the officer allegedly beat him up.

Sola said he was planning to take the car to the palace of the Elegushi for royal blessing when the incident happened.

He said, “I was driving along CMS and there was traffic; everybody was driving orderly, but he (Kayode) just wanted to come in front of me and I had already passed where he could enter from.

READ ALSO:

“So, he tried to squeeze his way in and hit my car. I got out of my car to see the damage and I challenged him that what he did was wrong. But he just came out and told me to get back into my car.

“I reported him to a policeman around the area, and when the man challenged him, he showed the man his ID card. I told him that if he’s a naval officer, that did not give him the right to hit my car.

“Then he started punching me. I have a deep cut on my lips. My hand was bruised, and I was seriously injured in the attack.”

Sola said he reported the case at the Maroko Police Station, adding that the DPO called the military police to follow him to Kayode’s house.

He, however, said some Air Force officers guarding the house threatened to shoot if they got closer to the gate.

“I followed him all the way from CMS to know where he lives. I then called the palace to tell them what happened. That was when kabiyesi sent two men to meet me.

“On getting there, they said I should take the legal route by reporting at the nearest police station.

“We went to Maroko Police Station; the DPO, Ganiu Raji, called the military police to inform them what the military man did.

“When we got his house, two military men came out and stopped us before we could get closer. They said they were going to shoot us. The military guys said the house belonged to a former general, and we had no right to come there.

READ ALSO:

“The most annoying thing is that I was driving the car to the palace so that they could pray for me. It’s a new car; a BMW series,” he added.

The spokesperson for the Navy, Commodore Adedotun Ayo-Vaughan, described Kayode as one of the bad eggs in the service.

Ayo-Vaughan revealed that the officer was recently suspended, while his rank was reduced.

He said, “This Petinrin (Kayode) was just disciplined. In fact, his rank was reduced because of a similar issue. He is one of the bad eggs that we are managing and that is because he is our son and brother.

“I will take it up; I will call the chief staff officer so that our naval police can invite him. I will send what you have sent to me to them so as to follow up from there.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident.

He said the police did not go to the house to avert a face-off.

Hundeyin said, “The DPO informed the military police; but it turned out that the Air Force personnel there threatened to shoot the military police if they did not leave that place immediately. The military police had to withdraw.”

The police spokesperson said the property belonged to the Air Force, adding that efforts were being made to officially inform the Air Force authorities about the case for further action.

Continue Reading

metro

ICPC docks NSCDC Official over Alleged N12.2m Employment Scam

Published

on

Solomon Ogodo

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has dragged a Superintendent of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Solomon Ogodo, to the dock over allegations bordering on forgery, employment racketeering and fraud.

ICPC, in charge no: CR/503/2022 brought before Honourable Justice M.S. Idris of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court, sitting in Jabi, Abuja, accused the defendant of defrauding unsuspecting job seekers to the tune of Twelve Million, Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N12,200,000).

In the 5-count charge, the Commission told the Court that the accused person on different occasions hoodwinked members of the public into parting with different sums of money in the guise of securing employments for their relatives in the Nigeria Correctional Services (NCoS).

The Court was further informed of how Mr. Ogodo, with the intent to commit fraud, forged offers of provisional appointments for some applicants into the Nigeria Correctional Services.

READ ALSO:

His actions are contrary to Section 13 and punishable under Section 68 of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000, and contrary to Section 363 and punishable under Section 364 of the Penal Code Act. The actions also violate and is punishable under Section 1 of the Advanced Fee Fraud and Other Related Offence Act of 2006.

The defendant entered a “not guilty” plea when the charges were read for him.

The defense counsel, Mr. Osita Eze, thereafter moved a bail application on behalf of his client which was not opposed by ICPC counsel, Mr. Mashkur Salisu. However, Mr. Salisu urged the court to impose stringent conditions that will compel the defendant attend his trial, considering the fact that he only made himself available when he was declared wanted by the Commission.

The trial judge admitted the accused person to bail in the sum of N5m and two sureties in like sum who must be resident of FCT and civil servants not below grade level 12. The sureties were also ordered to swear affidavit of means, failure of which the defendant would be remanded in ICPC custody.

The matter was adjourned to the 16th of January 2023 for definite hearing.

Signed: Mrs. Azuka Ogugua
Spokesperson, ICPC

Continue Reading

Business

Don’t buy meter, transformer, wires, NERC tells electricity consumers

Published

on

NERC’s Commissioner-in-charge of Consumers Affairs, Aisha Mahmud

• Insists consumers must sign agreement for refund
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), yesterday, in Abuja, said it remains the responsibility of electricity distribution companies to provide meters, transformers, poles, wires and other things needed for electricity supply to consumers.

NERC’s Commissioner-in-charge of Consumers Affairs, Aisha Mahmud, speaking during a three-day NERC/Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) Customer Complaint Resolution Meeting, said a lot of consumers in Nigeria are not aware of their right.

“It is not the responsibility of the consumers to buy meters, poles or any assets for the DisCos (distribution companies) because we have already provided for that in the tariff of the utilities.
“But under any circumstances that you have to purchase these items and you cannot wait for the DisCos to make that investment, we have made provision for that under our ‘investment regulation’,” Mahmud said.

READ ALSO:

She noted that the commission will continue to educate consumers on their responsibilities and obligations, adding that there’s a regulation, and based on that, if a consumer has to purchase a transformer, it has to be done through an agreement.

She said: “The agreement should contain a dispute resolution clause and all other items that are expected of a standard agreement. What we expect from the DisCos is to use their Internally Generated Revenue to buy those assets or rather use shareholders’ investment or borrow from banks to purchase the assets.”

According to her, it’s NERC’s responsibility to educate customers on their rights and obligations and all they are supposed to know about the electricity market.
Managing Director of AEDC, Adeoye Fadeyibi, said the company will do everything possible to meet the demands of consumers.

Represented by the Head, Regulatory and Government Relation of the AEDC, Olajumoke Delonia, Fadeyibi said the idea of the forum was to address customers’ complaints and commended NERC for the initiative.

Guardian

Continue Reading

Trending