They cut my hand with machete after stealing my money – Veteran actor, Clem Ohameze – Newstrends
Connect with us

Entertainment

They cut my hand with machete after stealing my money – Veteran actor, Clem Ohameze

Published

on

Veteran actor, Clem Ohameze, has recounted his ordeal in the hands of hoodlums that attacked him in Akwa Ibom State last week.

He spoke in an interview on the BBC Igbo, saying he was on his way from a movie location in Abak Road on Thursday October 22, when he was attacked.

Ohameze said he initially thought they were #EndSARS protesters, stressing that his attackers became more aggressive after he had identified himself.

He said they stole his money and phones as well as damaged his car and cut his hand with a machete.

Ohameze said, “It happened on Thursday in Uyo. The protesters, I ran into them. On recognising me, they just didn’t want to bother. They took everything away from me.

“They took N650,000 from me; all my phones. They destroyed my car; slashed my hand with a machete. I later made a police report.

“I was on Abak Road in Uyo. I went to work on a movie set of my own.”

He said he had been in an Uyo hospital since Thursday and was only discharged on Sunday October 25.

Entertainment

Chizzy Alichi knocked out Laide Bakare in celebrity boxing match

Published

on

Chizzy Alichi knocked out Laide Bakare in celebrity boxing match

Actress Chizzy Alichi and her counterpart, Laide Bakare, have finally put their beef to a celebrity boxing match over the weekend.

Just like Portable and Charles Okocha, the two settled their differences with a fight and videos captured the moment the actresses engaged in a scuffle.

Chizzy Alichi emerged the winner of the fight after beating Laide Bakare to a pulp.

READ ALSO:

Extending love to Laide via her Instagram page, Chizzy recalled her promise to give her a champagne.

Rejoicing over her win, she expressed gratitude to her colleagues and the organisers of the show for putting up an amazing work, which she described as fun.

“We WON !!!! About last night, thank you, guys, for coming out, I appreciate my colleagues and the organizers of the show, amazing work, Weldone we had fun. My co-winner @laidebakare love you and I’m still waiting for my champagne,” she wrote.

Chizzy Alichi knocked out Laide Bakare in celebrity boxing match

Continue Reading

Entertainment

I can buy, marry you – Portable blasts Laide Bakare for tagging him ‘dirty boy’

Published

on

Habeeb Okikiola, popularly known as Portable and Laide Bakare

I can buy, marry you – Portable blasts Laide Bakare for tagging him ‘dirty boy’

Controversial singer, rapper, and songwriter Habeeb Okikiola, popularly known as Portable, has fired back at actress Laide Bakare after she referred to him as a “dirty boy from Sango.”

Portable asserted his wealth, suggesting he could afford to marry her.

Laide, during an interview with Talk to B, referred to Portable as a dirty boy while discussing sensitive and personal topics, following some vulgar statements the singer made on her media page.

She was asked personal questions, including the controversy surrounding her child being claimed by two individuals alleging to be the child’s father.

In response, she stated: “That’s where Wahala started. When I finished my house in Lekki, I sent out invitations. I saw it, they saw it, no response at all.

READ ALSO:

“I told them, ‘You’re not okay.’ I sent invitations to you, and you didn’t even say anything. So, when I now got my vehicle, a person commented under my post, saying, ‘Sorry rich woman.”

The actress added that Portable was the one who commented so she went on to abuse and insult him, calling him “a dirty mad boy from Sango.”

In a subsequent video, Portable responded, emphasising that Bakare had earlier stated that if her husband cheats, she’ll cheat as well.

Consequently, he cautioned her against associating with his wife, saying that her influence might hurt his wife

Portable stated: “No be you do interview say if your husband cheats, you go cheat. Due to this, I messaged and asked that you shouldn’t associate with my wife, who is an actress.”

“Because you’re unfortunate, you might advise her to cheat as well.”

Regarding Bakare’s comment about him being a dirty boy, Portable said: “You called me a dirty boy, but I can buy and marry you. Who is your husband? Tell me your husband.”

I can buy, marry you – Portable blasts Laide Bakare for tagging him ‘dirty boy’

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Alleged breach of contract: Court declines Davido’s application for stay of proceedings

Published

on

David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido

Alleged breach of contract: Court declines Davido’s application for stay of proceedings

A Delta State High Court sitting in Effurun has refused the application by Nigerian-American singer, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, seeking a stay of proceedings in the N2 billion suit filed against him by Brownhill Investment Company Limited over the annual ‘Warri Again Concert’

The claimant, in the suit, is praying the court to award N2 billion as general damages against Davido.
Besides, the claimant is praying to the court for N150 million as legal and professional fees and an additional N30 million as the cost of filing the suit.

Defendants in the suit are David Adeleke a.k.a “Davido,” and his music label, Davido Music Worldwide Limited.
At the hearing in the matter, Davido’s counsel, Mr Norrison Quakers, SAN, informed the court that there was a pending appeal and that the defendants had filed a motion for a stay of proceedings.
Quakers further told the court that the defendants had been served with a copy of the claimant’s counter affidavit to the said motion for stay.

READ ALSO:

However, he applied to withdraw the motion and submitted that the Court of Appeal had become seized with authority over the proceedings pending before the lower court.

Claimant counsel, Kelechi Onwuegbuchulem, did not oppose the application to withdraw the motion and the court granted the same according.

The court in a bench ruling upheld the claimant’s argument and held that until an order staying further proceedings is obtained from the Court of Appeal, the High Court will continue with proceedings in the case.

The court also granted the motion on notice seeking to regularise the claimant’s reply to the statement of defence and directed that Pre-Trial Conference, PTC, forms be filed within 14 days in line with the rules of the court. The court adjourned the case to March 21, 2024, for a pre-trial conference.

Recall that Davido had, in his preliminary objection challenged the jurisdiction of the court, because the case ought not to take place in Effurun

But the court in its ruling dismissed the preliminary objection.

Alleged breach of contract: Court declines Davido’s application for stay of proceedings

Continue Reading

Trending

Skip to content