Donald Trump claimed Vladimir Putin would never have invaded Ukraine if he was still in the White House, during his latest MAGA rally.
The one-term president told the crowd in Michigan that he was surprised at the Kremlin’s assault on Ukraine, and admitted that he thought Mr Putin was just negotiating a “great deal”
“I thought he was negotiating. He had 150,000 soldiers on the border, I thought he was going to make a great deal,” Mr Trump told the rally at Michigan Stars Sports Center in Washington Township, Michigan, on Saturday night.
And Mr Trump insisted that Moscow pushed forward with its unprovoked invasion of its neighbour because of the way that US troops left Afghanistan last August.
“I think that when he (Putin) saw what happened in Afghanistan, the way we ran, we didn’t to have one soldier killed there in 18 months, I said Abdul there are going to be no more of our soldiers killed. Not one person was killed for 18 months and Biden even said that,” he said.
“Then we lost 13, but they don’t talk about how horribly so many of them were wounded. This invasion of Ukraine would never have happened if I was in the White House, would never have happened, not ever.
- Foreign investors indicate interest in National Theatre as renovation gulps $100m
- Bola Ige: Soyinka tackles Buhari over Omisore selection as APC national secretary
- Abuja mosque Chief Imam suspended for criticising Buhari
“I knew Putin very well, and you know they say ‘Oh well he knows Putin’, that is a good thing, good thing, not a bad thing. I know Kim Jong-un, I know President Xi of China and you know what we had no conflict, remember?”
Mr Trump then added that the Taliban now had $85bn worth of US military equipment left behind in the rapid departure from the country, and suggested that America should “maybe go in and take it back.”
He then mocked Joe Biden for his “mental and physical decline” to roars of approval from his supporters.
“I don’t think we have ever had a time in our country where we feel so low and so dejected. We are living through the most dangerous period of our lifetime and we have a president who has no idea what’s going on, what he’s doing, what he’s saying or where he is. other than that he is doing an excellent job,” he said.
“There is maybe nothing we can do to prevent Joe Biden’s mental and physical decline, but with your vote this November we can stop our country’s decline and Make America Great Again.”
Mr Trump also turned his attention to White House press secretary Jen Psaki, who it has been reported is leaving the Biden administration to join MSNBC.
He described Ms Psaki as “the woman with the really beautiful red hair” and claimed the news network is trying to hire her because they need a red head in their line-up.
Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
At least 150 people have been injured after two trains collided in the Catalonia region of north-eastern Spain, emergency services have said.
The crash, which occurred around 07:50 (06:50 GMT), took place at a station on the outskirts of Barcelona.
Local media reported that the trains had been travelling in the same direction and collided while one was parked at the station.
It is unclear how the accident happened and officials have yet to comment.
- FG redeems 28-year pledge to Westerhof
- FG recovers N120bn from crime proceeds —Lai Mohammed
- ‘We may end up closing this business’ — POS terminal operators lament new CBN policy
Emergency officials wrote on Twitter that the crash happened at the Montcada i Reixac – Manresa station, about 12km (7 miles) from the city centre.
Writing on Twitter, emergency services said that 150 people were “in a mild condition” and five others had been left with “in a less serious condition”.
They added that three people had been transferred to hospital.
Train traffic was briefly disrupted on several lines due to the accident, the national rail service Renfe said.
One passenger told RAC1, a local radio station, that “train was full and my carriage, which was the last one, was completely full” at the time of the collision.
23 years old Nigerian accused of raping Australian tourist in Indonesia
A 23-year-old Nigerian tourist risks 12 years in prison after an alleged sexual crime against a 31-year-old tourist in Kuta, Indonesia.
A report by Daily Mail revealed that the woman, who is an Australian, was raped after she met up with the Nigerian man on Friday, December 2.
The report also noted that the duo met on a dating app on December 1 and agreed to meet at a bar in Kuta the following day.
Although the Indonesian police are still searching for the Nigerian man, they alleged that he hurriedly took the woman to his hotel after drinking at the bar.
- Samuel Eto’o Caught on Camera Assaulting ‘Journalist’ at World Cup
- Used car market booms as Nigeria’s imports rise by 100%
- Just in: CBN limits ATM withdrawals to N20,000 weekly
The woman was sexually abused at the hotel and had cuts and bruises to her arms, hands and waist.
Witnesses said they saw the Australian staggering after drinking at the bar in Kuta.
FIJ gathered online that the Indonesian law provides a maximum of 12-year sentence for anyone convicted of physical sexual abuse.
Comoros ex-president Sambi jailed for life for ‘high treason’
A court in the Comoros on Monday handed down a life sentence for high treason to ex-president Ahmed Abdallah Sambi, who was convicted of selling passports to stateless people living in the Gulf.
Sambi, 64, an arch-rival of President Azali Assoumani, was sentenced by the State Security Court, a special judicial body whose rulings cannot be appealed.
“He betrayed the mission entrusted to him by the Comorians,” public prosecutor Ali Mohamed Djounaid told the court last week as he requested a life sentence.
Sambi, who led the small Indian Ocean archipelago between 2006 and 2011, pushed through a law in 2008 allowing the sale of passports for high fees.
The scheme aimed at the so-called bidoon — an Arab minority numbering in the tens of thousands who cannot obtain citizenship.
- Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge to have three tollgates, three bidders shortlisted
- Tinubu lacks capacity to grasp statistics – Obi-Datti team
- Senate uncovers N200m fraud in Labour ministry payments
The former president was accused of embezzling millions of dollars under the scheme.
The prosecution said the cost was more than $1.8 billion — more than the impoverished nation’s GDP.
“They gave thugs the right to sell Comorian nationality as if they were selling peanuts,” said Eric Emmanuel Sossa, a lawyer for civilian plaintiffs.
But Sambi’s French lawyer Jean-Gilles Halimi said “no evidence” of missing money or bank accounts had been put forward to suggest a crime.
Sambi refused to attend the trial after a brief appearance at the first hearing, as his lawyers said there were no guarantees he would be judged fairly.
He was originally prosecuted for corruption, but the charges were reclassified as high treason, a crime that “does not exist in Comorian law,” Halimi said.
Sambi had already spent four years behind bars before he faced trial, far exceeding the maximum eight months. He was originally placed under house arrest for disturbing public order.
Celine Dion battles rare incurable disease, cancels shows
Thugs allegedly loyal to Governor Wike attack Rivers PDP presidential campaign boss’ residence, destroy vehicles
Reactions as nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson declares support for APC
CCECC completes Apapa port link to Lagos-Ibadan railway
Customs: Vehicle tariff reduction to begin next week
Biden, Treasury Secretary say Republicans COVID-19 aid too small
metro6 days ago
Gunmen attack mosque in Delta, abduct Imam, 11 worshippers injured
Politics3 days ago
Tinubu: Private sector should drive economy; speaks on power, insecurity, electoral violence, his identity
Politics6 days ago
Why Oyetola, others took away official vehicles – Osun APC
Entertainment6 days ago
I may accept if Ooni proposes marriage — Peju Johnson
Politics3 days ago
Manifesto: Keyamo accuses Peter Obi of plagiarism, identity theft
Business6 days ago
Old N200, N500, N1,000 notes will be in use till Jan 31- CBN
metro6 days ago
300-level university student commits suicide over alleged inability to cope with studies
Politics5 days ago
Actor Olaiya Igwe prays for Tinubu stark naked + Video, photo