metro
Lagos bizman sends widow’s nude photos to church WhatsApp group

Lagos bizman sends widow’s nude photos to church WhatsApp group
A Lagos-based businessman, Amarah Kennedy, has continued to circulate the nude photos of two single mothers whom he previously had relationships with.
PUNCH Metro learnt that he sent the photos to the WhatsApp platform of the church of one of the women identified simply as Kester.
He also sent the photos to her late husband’s family members and office.
“By the time I am done, suicide will be her only option,” Kennedy stated.
A Lagos-based businessman, Amarah Kennedy, has continued to circulate the nude photos of two single mothers whom he previously had relationships with.
PUNCH Metro learnt that he sent the photos to the WhatsApp platform of the church of one of the women identified simply as Kester.
He also sent the photos to her late husband’s family members and office.
“By the time I am done, suicide will be her only option,” Kennedy stated.
Kester confirmed that her in-laws and pastor had called to show solidarity with her.
READ ALSO:
- Seven ways to feel, look younger
- NUJ mourns death of NewsDirect publisher Ibiyemi
- (Video) Sit-at-home: No casualty during shooting in Ebonyi -Police
On Tuesday alone, Kennedy sent the nude photos to at least 48 people.
Our correspondent had reported in a special feature on Sunday that two women, Kester and one other identified simply as Temi, met Kennedy separately on different WhatsApp and Facebook chat groups for singles.
Kester, who lost her husband about eight years ago in a car crash, said the businessman, after chatting her up, started showering her with monetary gifts.
However, after a disagreement, he sent her over 50 of her nude photos which he secretly took after their lovemaking in a hotel.
She said the suspect demanded N100,000 from her as a condition to delete the photos.
The mother of two noted that after she sent the money and asked if the photos had been deleted, he demanded an additional N40,000 to delete them permanently, which she sent to him.
Despite the payments, the suspect went ahead to circulate the photos on Facebook.
Kester said she attempted suicide twice but failed, as some of those who saw the images started questioning her.
The second victim, Temi, said the suspect usually had marathon sex with her in hotels while under the influence of drugs, and afterwards gave her N1,000 as transport fares.
She said after she discovered that he was not serious about the relationship and was merely using her, she stopped talking to him.
However, Kennedy reportedly sent her several of her nude photos and demanded all the money he had spent on her in the relationship.
She said she borrowed N15,000, which she sent to him.
However, after she appealed to his sister on Facebook for help to talk to him, he started circulating the nude photos.
Temi said the businessman regularly called her to demand money.
READ ALSO:
- Nigerian lady collapses in attempt to break Guinness World Record (+VIDEO)
- JUST IN: APC rejects principal officers announced by Abbas, Akpabio
- BREAKING: Akpabio announces Senate leadership, Ndume, Umahi make list
After the report was published, the suspect on Monday threatened to continue to damage the reputation of the women for “spoiling my image.”
He then started sending the nude photos to more of their family members.
PUNCH Metro obtained some of the screenshots as the suspect continued to chat with the victims and their friends to show them those he was sending the nude photos to.
Kennedy, in a chat seen by our reporter, wrote, “Her (Kester) pictures are there. At Redeem parish WhatsApp group platform. I am all over the news, she also will be all over the news. By the time I am done, suicide will be her only option.
“This one to her colleague at work…28 pictures. I have sent to her friends abroad both male and female. I have sent to her inlaw, redeem church branch on WhatsApp, to her pastor and more random people online.
“Una never jam. My image is already dented. Hers will go round. Pictures that I have uploaded on a porn site today, all 52 pictures.”
PUNCH Metro also obtained screenshots of some of the people and groups Kennedy sent the nude photos to.
Kester, while speaking to our correspondent, said her in-laws had contacted her over the matter.
She promised not to take her own life, saying her daughters needed her.
While fighting back tears in an audio message, she said, “I’m sorry I had to cry. It’s been a while I said I would cry over this issue but I feel better now. My in-laws have called me. Thank God. They are the ones now encouraging me, asking if I had reported to the police.
READ ALSO:
- Tambuwal loses Senate minority leader to Simeon Dayvou
- JAMB: Nigerians react as man offers Mmesoma foreign scholarship
- Naira gains big over dollar at exporters window
“They said I even tried, that if it was their brother, they know he would have remarried. That I tried to stay for eight years, they are heaping curses on Kennedy’s head. My in-laws are with me. The shame is for him. They are standing by me. They are even happy I tried to go into a relationship.
“But I entered a relationship with a beast. But they said any support I need to fight this guy, they are there for me. My in-laws are ready to fight this battle for me and they have vowed they will not have rest until Kennedy is arrested. Now, my in-laws know they need to fight for me and they will fight for me.”
Our correspondent gathered that the suspect was on the run as he, however, maintained communication with a few people on WhatsApp.
He told this reporter he was aware the police were after him, hence he installed an anti-tracker on his phone.
Meanwhile, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohunwa, has stepped into the case.
Kester said she met the Pen Cinema Divisional Police Officer and the CP on Tuesday over the matter.
She said the police authorities vowed to get justice for her and other women the suspect might have taken advantage of.
Recall that a rights group, Black Diamonds Support Foundation, led by Adewunmi Adefunke, said after an investigation into Kennedy’s activities, nine widows and three single mothers claimed to have been blackmailed by him.
Lagos bizman sends widow’s nude photos to church WhatsApp group
metro
Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council

Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council
A 27-year -old man, Rabiu Suleiman, has reportedly stabbed and inflicted serious injuries on his friend, Yunusa Muazu, during a fight over a woman at Tipper garage area of Gwagwalada in Gwagwalada Area Council of the FCT.
A resident of the area, who simply gave his name as Sanusi, said the incident occurred on Tuesday night after a fight broke out at a viewing centre at Unguwar Dodo area of the town.
He said Suleiman had accused his friend, Muazu of dating his friend, Jamila Yakubu, who he intends to marry.
He said trouble started when Jamila left Suleiman’s house on Tuesday around 8:34 pm, only for him to meet her with his friend, Muazu, discussing at a viewing centre, where he had gone to watch football.
He said Suleiman, upon sighting his woman with his friend, angrily walked straight to them and slapped him, a situation, which resulted in a fight between them.
He said in the process, Suleiman allegedly pulled out a knife and stabbed his friend in the back, which attracted the attention of people at the viewing centre.
READ ALSO:
- South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail
- Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
- More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office
According to him, some people at the centre, who tried to separate them, were overpowered, not until when some vigilantes rushed to the scene and arrested Suleiman.
He said his friend, who was lying on the floor in a pool of his blood, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
He said the lady quietly left the scene when the fight broke out.
A member of the vigilante, Salihu Bala, who confirmed the incident, said the suspect had been arrested and handed over to security personnel in the area.
He said the vigilantes were making efforts to trace the woman’s location and arrest her.
He said, “The vigilantes even went to the family house of the girl on Wednesday morning but could not find her but we are still trailing her movement to ensure she is arrested.”
Bala said the injured victim was recuperating at the hospital, alleging that the victim and his friend were into drugs.
The spokeswoman of the FCT police command, SP Josephine Adeh, did not respond to the calls and text messages sent to her on the incident.
Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council
metro
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail

South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail
A High Court in the Eastern Cape division of South Africa has acquitted Timothy Omotoso, a Nigerian televangelist, accused of raping young women in his church.
Omotoso and his two co-defendants were arraigned on a 32-count charge bordering on rape and human trafficking.
News24 reported that Omotoso would be deported to Nigeria immediately after the judgment.
The co-defendants are Lusanda Sulani and Zukiswa Sitho.
READ ALSO:
- More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office
- Barcelona beat Atletico to set up cup final against Real Madrid
- NNPCL hikes petrol pump price to N950/litre
Several young women had accused the pastor of luring them into his home in Umhlanga, a town in South Africa, where he allegedly molested them.
In April 2017, the Nigerian pastor was arrested shortly after he landed at an airport in South Africa.
He is the senior pastor of the Jesus Dominion International based in Durban, South Africa. He is also the founder of Tim Omotoso Global Outreach and Ancient of Day Broadcasting Network
According to News24, Irma Schoeman, the trial judge, yesterday, ruled that the state prosecutor did not prove the case beyond reasonable doubt.
The Nigerian pastor had been in South African prison since his arrest in 2017.
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail
metro
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport

Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
Justice Deinde I. Dipeolu of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, yesterday, convicted and sentenced Okunfulure Olusola Steve to three Months imprisonment for money laundering.
Head, Media and Publicity, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Dele Oyewale, said, the convict was arrested on March 28, 2025, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, by operatives of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), for false currency declaration to the tune of $30,0000.
The NCS had, on Friday, March 28, 2025, handed him over to the Lagos Zonal Directorate 2 of the EFCC,Ikoyi, Lagos, for further investigations.
Consequently, he was arraigned yesterday on one-count charge bordering on money laundering.
The count reads: “That you, Okunfulure Olusola Steve, on the 28th day of March, 2025, in Lagos, within the Jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, failed to make a declaration of the sum of $20,000 to the Nigerian Customs Service at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, and thereby committed an offence Contrary to and Punishable under Section 3(5) of the Money Laundering (Prevention and Prohibition) Act, 2022.”
The defendant pleaded “guilty” to the charge when it was read to him.
Following his guilty plea, prosecution counsel, C.C. Okezie called on Felicia Paul, an operative of the EFCC, to review the facts of the case.
READ ALSO:
- More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office
- Barcelona beat Atletico to set up cup final against Real Madrid
- NNPCL hikes petrol pump price to N950/litre
Paul, while giving details of how she knew the defendant, told the court that the NCS handed him over to the Lagos Zonal Directorate 2 of the EFCC on Friday, March 28, 2025.
Led in evidence by the prosecution counsel, Paul also told the court that the defendant was arrested with the sum of $30,000, which he failed to declare. She further told the court that “ his statement was recorded under caution and was served with the bail conditions.”
Thereafter, she identified the defendant’s statement, the handing-over note from the NCS, the arresting officer’s statement as well as the sum of $30,000 to the EFCC.
Okozie ,then sought to tender, in evidence, the documents.
Justice Dipeolu admitted and marked them as exhibits 1,2,3 and 4 and held that: “ I have read the exhibits, the statement of the defendant, and I found him guilty. He is accordingly convicted as charged.”
Okezie thereafter, prayed that the undeclared sum of $20,000 be forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria and that the defendant be jailed.
Defence counsel, Joel Ogundere, while addressing the court, said that the defendant,“is a first-time offender and is not aware of the disclosure policy . He is a family man and has responsibilities. His bank account shows the legitimacy of the funds.”
He also prayed the court to, “ magnanimously waive any prison sentence”, adding that the convict would not mind forfeiting the sum of money or pay a fine.
Justice Dipeolu convicted and sentenced the defendant to three months imprisonment, with effect from the date of his arrest on March 28,2025. The Judge also ordered that the money be forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Steve, a departing passenger on Delta Airline to Atlanta, United States, had declared that he was not in possession of any money in foreign currency but in Naira, while being profiled at the Currency Declaration Desk.
However, the sum of $30,000 undeclared was found on him during a search conducted by operatives of the NCS.
He was subsequently handed over to the Lagos Zonal Directorate 2 of the EFCC for further investigations, a development that led to his arraignment and conviction.
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
-
metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Senator Natasha defies restrictions, arrives homecoming rally by helicopter [VIDEO]
-
metro2 days ago
Uromi: Edo residents flee towns over likely reprisal attack, arrest
-
metro2 days ago
Breaking: ‘Cancel your homecoming’ — Police tell Senator Natasha
-
metro3 days ago
How they murdered my Kano-bound passengers in Edo
-
metro3 days ago
‘I was offered N5bn bribe to impeach Fubara’
-
metro1 day ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
metro2 days ago
Amosun, Adeola engage in verbal attack over project diversion allegation
-
metro3 days ago
Kano Gov Yusuf, Sanusi linked to Eid killings