Police parade alleged killers of sound engineer, others - Newstrends
Connect with us

metro

Police parade alleged killers of sound engineer, others

Published

on

paraded suspects

Six persons arrested over last week’s mob lynching and burning of a sound engineer, David Imoh, have been paraded by the Lagos State Police Command.

The suspects, including the bike rider Dahiru Ayuba, a woman Susan Moses, other motorcyclists Christopher Dauda, Joseph Tella and Sunday Azi as well as an alleged mastermind Chigozie Anthony, were paraded alongside seven other suspects arrested in the last one month for armed robbery, cultism, unlawful possession of firearms offences

Parading the suspects at the command headquarters yesterday, the Commissioner of Police (CP) Abiodun Alabi said the command recovered 15 locally made pistols, 68 live cartridges, four handsets, an axe, charms, two cutlasses, a saw, one pounding pistol, a female bag and one tortoise within the period under review.

The Nation had reported how Imoh was violently attacked at Beer Barn, Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1 on May 12 by a mob of suspected motorcyclists over N100 disagreement.

The deceased was said to have been inside the lounge setting up for their show when he was called by his friends who had argument with the rider.

It was gathered that the passengers had given the bike man N1,000, expecting him to give them N400 change but he gave them N300 instead.

READ ALSO:

The duo were said to have collected the N1,000 and gave the rider N500 since he didn’t have N100 to complete their change, but he attacked one of them and tore his clothes.

Angered by his reaction, they were said to have punched the rider, which resulted in a fight that attracted other motorcyclists and passersby.

In no time, a mob gathered and descended on the two passengers as well as Imoh who had come out to broker peace.

It was gathered that Imoh succeeded in escaping and hid himself at a place but a woman who was passing by saw him and told the mob his whereabouts where they went after him and eventually killed him.

Briefing reporters on Imoh’s case, the police boss said Dahiru had a quarrel at Studio 24 with his passengers identified as Frank Olatunji and Philip Balogun over bike fare around 6:30am on May 12.

In the heat of the argument, Alabi said, Olatunji and Balogun invited Imoh to mediate only for the mob to violently attack, kill and set him ablaze.

The CP said the suspects would be charged to court.

Abiodun also confirmed the arrest of 35 suspects and seizure of 135 motorcycles at Ojo following Thursday’s protest that grounded vehicular movement along the Badagry Expressway.

He said the police also arrested three men over alleged unlawful possession of firearms.

“On April 23, a member of the public who resides in Ibeju Lekki, Lagos went to receive food items sent to him by his mother from Cross River State.

“The driver through whom the food stuffs were to be delivered mistakenly gave him a sack that was meant to be delivered to someone else. When he opened the sack, he discovered seven locally made pistols.

“He rushed to the nearest police division and handed over the arms. Upon receipt of the case, detectives embarked on diligent investigation that led to the arrest of the driver, who dispatched the sack from Calabar to Lagos,” he said.

The police boss said that during interrogation, he confessed that he had sold many guns to his customers in Lagos and later led operatives to arrest two of his buyers.

“One locally made short gun bought from the driver was recovered. Investigation is still ongoing to apprehend other fleeing suspects in order to recover more of the guns he had sold to people in Lagos,” Alabi said.

He said detectives also arrested four suspects aged 28, 19, 15 and 25 over alleged illegal possession of firearms.

The suspects, he said, were arrested on May 10, around 9:15am, at their hideout in Ojo.

“Seven locally made pistols, 68 live cartridges, cutlasses, axe, charms, four mobile phones, tortoise and a female bag were recovered from the suspects.

“Investigation is ongoing to apprehend other fleeing suspects in connection with this case and recover more arms and ammunition,” he said.

The police boss said that a suspected cult member was arrested for killing one Adesegun Adesanya alias Ologodudu. According to him, “On February 21, a cult member and other members of his group went on a reprisal mission to avenge the deaths of their members, and killed one Adesegun Adesanya a.k.a. Ologodudu.

“Upon receipt of this information, detectives tracked down the suspect in his remote stronghold where he was apprehended.

“During investigation, the suspect made a confessional statement to the commission of the said crime.

Alabi said investigation was ongoing to apprehend other fleeing suspects in a bid to recover their operational weapons.

He assured that security of lives and property of residents of Lagos State would continue to be at the top of his policing vision for the state.

Loading

metro

Son, Grandson Kidnap Father Twice for N6.5m Ransom in Kaduna

Published

on

Son, Grandson Kidnap Father Twice for N6.5m Ransom in Kaduna

Son, Grandson Kidnap Father Twice for N6.5m Ransom in Kaduna

Published: May 20, 2026 | Read Time: 4 minutes

The Kaduna Police Command has uncovered a shocking case of family betrayal, revealing that an elderly man, Alhaji Rabo Jelani, was allegedly kidnapped twice by his own son and grandson. The suspects reportedly collected a total of N6.5 million in ransom and operated with multiple AK-47 rifles, one of which has been recovered by police.

The Kaduna Police Command announced on Tuesday that Yusuf Rabo (the victim’s son) and Musa Adamu (an accomplice) have been arrested following intensive investigations into the abduction of Alhaji Rabo Jelani, an elderly man from Kaduna State. Both suspects are currently in custody and have been charged with criminal conspiracy, kidnapping, armed robbery, and unlawful possession of firearms. According to police spokesperson DCP Anthony Okon Placid, investigations revealed that Yusuf Rabo allegedly conspired with Musa Adamu and Ali Haruna—the victim’s own grandson—to kidnap the elderly man for ransom. The motive was that the syndicate believed that Alhaji Rabo Jelani possessed substantial wealth and large livestock holdings.

While two suspects are in custody, police have confirmed that Ali Haruna, the victim’s grandson, remains at large. Authorities have launched a manhunt to apprehend the fleeing suspect and recover additional weapons and exhibits connected to the crimes. The Nigeria Police Force has assured the public of sustained intelligence-led operations against violent criminal groups across the country.

READ ALSO:

Findings revealed that the victim was abducted on separate occasions and taken to forest hideouts where ransom negotiations were allegedly coordinated by Yusuf Rabo himself. In a chilling twist, the son was reportedly negotiating with his own family for the release of his father while the elderly man was held captive in the forest. The first abduction reportedly yielded a ransom payment of Two Million Naira (N2,000,000) , while a subsequent operation generated Four Million Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N4,500,000) . This brings the total amount extorted from the family to N6.5 million.

Investigations further established that the criminal syndicate procured and deployed multiple AK-47 rifles for their operations. In a shocking revelation, police allege that Ali Haruna (the grandson) supplied one of the firearms belonging to his own father —meaning the grandson allegedly took his father’s rifle to help kidnap his grandfather. Additional weapons were sourced by other members of the gang. During the police operation, authorities successfully recovered one AK-47 rifle with an empty magazine.

The police have also linked the syndicate to several other violent crimes within Kaduna State and surrounding communities. These include the kidnapping of a trader identified as Mr. Iyke and an armed robbery attack along the Kagoma axis where commuters were dispossessed of cash, phones, and other valuables. The suspects are believed to be part of a larger criminal network operating in the area.

The Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Anthony Okon Placid, reaffirmed the Nigeria Police Force’s commitment to tackling violent crime, stating that the Nigeria Police Force remains resolute in dismantling kidnapping and armed robbery networks across the country and assures members of the public of sustained intelligence-led operations against violent criminal groups. The police have confirmed that efforts are ongoing to arrest the fleeing suspect, Ali Haruna, and recover more weapons and items connected to the case.

Son, Grandson Kidnap Father Twice for N6.5m Ransom in Kaduna

Loading

Continue Reading

metro

Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi

Published

on

Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi
Reno Omokri, Peter Obi

Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi

Published: May 20, 2026 | Read Time: 4 minutes

Nigeria’s ambassador-designate to Mexico, Reno Omokri, has revealed new details from his 2022 fact-finding mission to Peru, confirming that drug trafficking allegations against Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) presidential candidate Peter Obi are completely false. Omokri’s investigation included visiting a women’s prison in Lima and meeting with Peruvian authorities.

As Nigeria approaches the 2027 general elections, political tensions are already rising. One of the most controversial allegations from the 2023 election cycle has resurfaced: claims that Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, was involved in drug trafficking and sponsored a female courier arrested in Peru. But now, Reno Omokri—a prominent political figure and Nigeria’s ambassador-designate to Mexico—has stepped forward with new details about his personal investigation into the matter. His findings are that the allegations are categorically false. Omokri stated, “I went to the women’s prison in Lima, Peru, with a witness who is still alive and a video camera. I also visited authorities in that country, and confirmed that the story is false.”

Reno Omokri is a bestselling author, former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, and currently Nigeria’s ambassador-designate to Mexico. Despite being a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and supporting Atiku Abubakar in the 2023 election, Omokri has built a reputation for cross-party fact-finding. In September 2022, Omokri traveled to the United States to verify President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s academic records at Chicago State University—a move that resulted in him confirming Tinubu’s attendance and graduation, even though it went against his political interests. From Chicago, Omokri proceeded directly to Peru to investigate separate allegations made by former Niger Delta militant leader Asari Dokubo against Peter Obi.

READ ALSO:

Asari Dokubo, a vocal supporter of President Bola Tinubu, repeatedly accused Peter Obi of being a “drug baron” during the 2023 election campaign. Dokubo specifically claimed that a Nigerian woman named Chinenye Ezewuzie was arrested in Peru for drug trafficking, and that the woman allegedly confessed that Peter Obi sponsored, threatened, and forced her to carry drugs. Dokubo further alleged that Obi was implicated during her trial proceedings in a Peruvian court. Dokubo went as far as comparing Obi to Pablo Escobar, the infamous Colombian drug lord, and publicly challenged Obi to take him to court, saying: “If him be president sef, I go pursue am.”

Omokri’s investigation in Peru was thorough and on-the-ground. He revealed that he visited a women’s prison in Lima, the capital of Peru, accompanied by a witness who remains alive today, and recorded the visit with a video camera for documentation. He also met with Peruvian authorities to verify the allegations. According to Omokri, Peruvian officials confirmed that there is no record of any court case or trial in Peru that implicates Peter Obi, there is no evidence linking Obi to any drug trafficking operation in Peru, and the story of a female drug mule sponsored by Obi is completely false. Omokri granted an interview to Arise TV from Cusco, Peru, on Tuesday, November 22, 2022, where he publicly shared his findings and released video documentation from the prison visit.

Perhaps the most striking revelation is Omokri’s claim that he personally contacted Asari Dokubo after completing his investigation. Omokri stated, “I thereafter called you on the phone and told you not to make the allegation anymore, because it was not true, and it is morally wrong to accuse a man of a crime he is innocent of. You may recall that you agreed with me.” Omokri added that Dokubo initially agreed to stop repeating the allegations, which is why Omokri did not pursue the matter further at the time.

Notably, Peter Obi has never visited Peru. According to Valentine Obienyem, Obi’s longtime Special Adviser on Media, “Even before he became Governor, Obi had visited most parts of the world, but not Peru. Till today, he has still not visited the country.” Obienyem also pointed out that no one named Chinenye Ezewuzie exists among the Ezenwuzie family of Agulu, Obi’s hometown—casting further doubt on the accuser’s identity.

With the 2027 general elections approaching, Omokri is urging political actors to avoid recycling debunked allegations. He wrote, “As we approach the 2027 election, please can we all refrain from recycling these allegations, which I have already debunked. I spent my money and time to establish the facts. Nobody gave me a dime. I did this because of patriotism and commitment to justice, even when it is against my political interests.” Omokri emphasized that he personally funded both investigations—the Chicago university records verification and the Peru trip—out of patriotism and commitment to justice, not political gain.

The evidence is clear: After an on-the-ground investigation in Peru, including visits to a women’s prison and meetings with local authorities, Reno Omokri has confirmed that drug trafficking allegations against Peter Obi are false. As Nigeria heads toward 2027, voters deserve fact-based political discourse—not recycled misinformation.

Omokri Exposes Truth Behind Peru Drug Allegations Against Peter Obi

Loading

Continue Reading

metro

Corp Member Kills Dad Over Pocket Money Dispute in Abuja

Published

on

Corp Member Kills Dad Over Pocket Money Dispute in Abuja

A tragic case of domestic violence unfolded in the Federal Capital Territory last Friday night, as a serving member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) allegedly stabbed his 53-year-old father to death following a heated argument over money and business mismanagement.

The incident occurred at the family residence located in the upscale Guzape area of Abuja. The deceased has been identified as Mr. Adimike Godwin, a prominent businessman known for his ventures in electrical equipment importation and real estate. The prime suspect is his son, whose name has been withheld by authorities, currently participating in the mandatory one-year NYSC scheme.

According to police sources and family members who spoke with our correspondent, the tragic chain of events began late Friday evening when the corps member returned home from a social outing at a local club. An argument ensued after the young man reportedly accused his father of being “unfair with money.”

READ ALSO:

Witnesses disclosed that the suspect compared his father unfavorably to the parents of his friends, whom he claimed were more financially generous. The dispute quickly escalated from verbal accusations to a physical confrontation when the suspect allegedly brought up the issue of mismanaged business funds.

In a fit of rage, the corps member is said to have retrieved a knife and stabbed his father three times. Neighbors, alerted by the commotion, rushed to the scene and found Mr. Godwin lying in a pool of blood. He was immediately transported to Karu General Hospital, where medical personnel pronounced him dead upon arrival.

The FCT Police Command confirmed the incident on Saturday. In a statement, the Command’s Public Relations Officer noted that the Commissioner of Police had ordered an immediate and discreet investigation into the matter. As part of the inquiry, five suspects have been taken into custody, including a relative who was present in the house at the time of the attack. The corps member is reportedly among those detained.

Further investigations revealed that the deceased had traveled from Lagos to Abuja specifically to visit his son, who had been managing some of his father’s real estate properties in the capital. Friends and business associates described Mr. Godwin as a hardworking and peace-loving individual.

The body of the deceased has been deposited in the morgue pending an autopsy. As of press time, the NYSC headquarters had not issued an official statement regarding the corps member’s status, though legal sources indicate the suspect will face charges of culpable homicide.

The tragic incident has sent shockwaves through the Guzape community, highlighting the dangers of unresolved domestic disputes and financial pressures within families.

Corp Member Kills Dad Over Pocket Money Dispute in Abuja

Loading

Continue Reading

Trending