metro
Tempers flare as Tompolo’s Tantita, soldiers foil oil theft off Ondo coast

Tempers flare as Tompolo’s Tantita, soldiers foil oil theft off Ondo coast
Pipeline surveillance company, Tantita Security Services Limited has alerted the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited, NNPCL, on the activities of an unmarked vessel purportedly involved in illegal bunkering activities off Ondo State coast
TSSL, which is owned by Chief (Dr) Government Ekpemupolo, said the unknown oil tanker was moored at an oil well jacket around the Oil Mining Leases (OML) 110 and 103 operated by Cavendish Petroleum Limited, and Consolidated Oil respectively.
In its report to NNPCL that was made available to The Nation, TSSL said its operatives in Igbokoda axis of Ondo State were tipped off by its intelligence sources on the plot by a syndicate to steal crude oil from a well jacket in between the two OMLs.
“The loading of the ship was to commence just before 2200hrs local time on the 6th of December 2023. Tantita Security Operatives got confirmation that the unknown ship is on location and had made fast to the Well Jacket and that loading has commenced.
“At about 0300hrs, Tantita Security Operatives set out to secure the scene of the crime via two boats. While underway, information reached us that the ship had four AK-47 rifles and ammunition and we should proceed with caution.”
The firm also expressed concerns about possible collusion between the criminals, bad eggs within the NNPCL, and officials of the Nigerian Navy’s FOB around the vicinity of the crime.
READ ALSO:
- Nigeria losing best brains to Japa syndrome — AfDB President
- Farooq Kperogi : Why the North suddenly cares about northern lives
- BREAKING: CBN raises alarm over fake naira notes in circulation
The letter signed by Captain Waredi Enisuoh identified a suspected oil dealer, who is currently facing charges of illegal bunkering (names withheld) as the mastermind of the plot.
The statement said the gang is working in league with an illegal bunkering and well jacket vandalism suspect based in Benin, Edo State, and appealed to the Nigerian Navy to allow its operative to bring the suspect to face the law
“As daylight, we approached the ship to have a clearer view. It was discovered that it had already connected hoses from the Wellhead to its deck and loading had commenced.
“By this time, an update also got to us that the Nigerian Navy Forward Operating Base has sent out gunboats in the direction of the crime scene as well. Their mission was to rescue the ship from the Tantita Operatives laying siege in the area and securing it from being boarded.”
Enisuoh said the two Navy gunboats and a speedboat donated to the Nigerian Navy by the Ondo State government stormed the area and started firing warning shots at its operatives forcing them abandon mission and wait for backup.
A video of the confrontation between the navy on one hand, and tteam comprising soldiers of the Nigerian Army and TSSL operatives, on the other hand showed the naval officers directing the TSSL team to backoff, saying, “we have authority to secure the area “
The group lamented that they were drawing fire from the navy, who should join them in protecting oil assets from theft.
Meanwhile the TSSL has denied a statement linking the organization to illegalities around Awoye riverine area by the Nigerian Navy.
READ ALSO:
- Late Alaafin’s son, Abdulfatai dies at 46
- RCCG sacked pastor defrauds woman, her friends of N51m
- Police arrest officers caught begging money from foreign female biker
- Court gives stringent bail conditions for UTME impersonators
Reacting to the allegation in a statement signed by the Executive Director – Operations and Technical Capt. Warredi Enisuoh, TSSL said: “Our attention has been drawn to a defamatory and libellous statement made by the Nigerian Navy against our organisation, Tantita Security Services Limited. In the statement made on Thursday the7th of December, 2023 by the Director of Naval Information, Commodore Adedotun Ayo-Vaughan, he informed the general public that the Nigerian Navy had detected and arrested a 77 meter long motor tanker for crude oil theft with her 17 crew members.
“He further added and we quote “it is believed that Tantita Security Services is involved in these illegalities because Awoye riverine area which is close to the place of arrest is covered by TSS.
Again it was upon the arrest of the vessel by the Nigerian Navy that TSS began to raise false alarm, totally unfounded and indeed mischievous.”
“We are indeed saddened and disappointed that the Nigerian Navy could descend so low as to make such bizarre accusations against our organisation knowing same to be false.
“Perhaps they are not aware that video evidence of what transpired between the Tantita operatives and the Nigerian Navy at the scene exists and has been transmitted to the highest authorities. We will therefore not join issues with the Nigerian Navy as we are well aware that Nigerians know who is who.”
Tempers flare as Tompolo’s Tantita, soldiers foil oil theft off Ondo coast
metro
Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council

Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council
A 27-year -old man, Rabiu Suleiman, has reportedly stabbed and inflicted serious injuries on his friend, Yunusa Muazu, during a fight over a woman at Tipper garage area of Gwagwalada in Gwagwalada Area Council of the FCT.
A resident of the area, who simply gave his name as Sanusi, said the incident occurred on Tuesday night after a fight broke out at a viewing centre at Unguwar Dodo area of the town.
He said Suleiman had accused his friend, Muazu of dating his friend, Jamila Yakubu, who he intends to marry.
He said trouble started when Jamila left Suleiman’s house on Tuesday around 8:34 pm, only for him to meet her with his friend, Muazu, discussing at a viewing centre, where he had gone to watch football.
He said Suleiman, upon sighting his woman with his friend, angrily walked straight to them and slapped him, a situation, which resulted in a fight between them.
He said in the process, Suleiman allegedly pulled out a knife and stabbed his friend in the back, which attracted the attention of people at the viewing centre.
READ ALSO:
- South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail
- Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
- More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office
According to him, some people at the centre, who tried to separate them, were overpowered, not until when some vigilantes rushed to the scene and arrested Suleiman.
He said his friend, who was lying on the floor in a pool of his blood, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
He said the lady quietly left the scene when the fight broke out.
A member of the vigilante, Salihu Bala, who confirmed the incident, said the suspect had been arrested and handed over to security personnel in the area.
He said the vigilantes were making efforts to trace the woman’s location and arrest her.
He said, “The vigilantes even went to the family house of the girl on Wednesday morning but could not find her but we are still trailing her movement to ensure she is arrested.”
Bala said the injured victim was recuperating at the hospital, alleging that the victim and his friend were into drugs.
The spokeswoman of the FCT police command, SP Josephine Adeh, did not respond to the calls and text messages sent to her on the incident.
Man stabs friend over woman in FCT council
metro
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail

South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail
A High Court in the Eastern Cape division of South Africa has acquitted Timothy Omotoso, a Nigerian televangelist, accused of raping young women in his church.
Omotoso and his two co-defendants were arraigned on a 32-count charge bordering on rape and human trafficking.
News24 reported that Omotoso would be deported to Nigeria immediately after the judgment.
The co-defendants are Lusanda Sulani and Zukiswa Sitho.
READ ALSO:
- More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office
- Barcelona beat Atletico to set up cup final against Real Madrid
- NNPCL hikes petrol pump price to N950/litre
Several young women had accused the pastor of luring them into his home in Umhlanga, a town in South Africa, where he allegedly molested them.
In April 2017, the Nigerian pastor was arrested shortly after he landed at an airport in South Africa.
He is the senior pastor of the Jesus Dominion International based in Durban, South Africa. He is also the founder of Tim Omotoso Global Outreach and Ancient of Day Broadcasting Network
According to News24, Irma Schoeman, the trial judge, yesterday, ruled that the state prosecutor did not prove the case beyond reasonable doubt.
The Nigerian pastor had been in South African prison since his arrest in 2017.
South African court acquits Nigerian pastor of rape after 8 years in jail
metro
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport

Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
Justice Deinde I. Dipeolu of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, yesterday, convicted and sentenced Okunfulure Olusola Steve to three Months imprisonment for money laundering.
Head, Media and Publicity, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Dele Oyewale, said, the convict was arrested on March 28, 2025, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, by operatives of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), for false currency declaration to the tune of $30,0000.
The NCS had, on Friday, March 28, 2025, handed him over to the Lagos Zonal Directorate 2 of the EFCC,Ikoyi, Lagos, for further investigations.
Consequently, he was arraigned yesterday on one-count charge bordering on money laundering.
The count reads: “That you, Okunfulure Olusola Steve, on the 28th day of March, 2025, in Lagos, within the Jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, failed to make a declaration of the sum of $20,000 to the Nigerian Customs Service at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, and thereby committed an offence Contrary to and Punishable under Section 3(5) of the Money Laundering (Prevention and Prohibition) Act, 2022.”
The defendant pleaded “guilty” to the charge when it was read to him.
Following his guilty plea, prosecution counsel, C.C. Okezie called on Felicia Paul, an operative of the EFCC, to review the facts of the case.
READ ALSO:
- More heads to roll in NNPCL, subsidiaries as Ojulari assumes office
- Barcelona beat Atletico to set up cup final against Real Madrid
- NNPCL hikes petrol pump price to N950/litre
Paul, while giving details of how she knew the defendant, told the court that the NCS handed him over to the Lagos Zonal Directorate 2 of the EFCC on Friday, March 28, 2025.
Led in evidence by the prosecution counsel, Paul also told the court that the defendant was arrested with the sum of $30,000, which he failed to declare. She further told the court that “ his statement was recorded under caution and was served with the bail conditions.”
Thereafter, she identified the defendant’s statement, the handing-over note from the NCS, the arresting officer’s statement as well as the sum of $30,000 to the EFCC.
Okozie ,then sought to tender, in evidence, the documents.
Justice Dipeolu admitted and marked them as exhibits 1,2,3 and 4 and held that: “ I have read the exhibits, the statement of the defendant, and I found him guilty. He is accordingly convicted as charged.”
Okezie thereafter, prayed that the undeclared sum of $20,000 be forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria and that the defendant be jailed.
Defence counsel, Joel Ogundere, while addressing the court, said that the defendant,“is a first-time offender and is not aware of the disclosure policy . He is a family man and has responsibilities. His bank account shows the legitimacy of the funds.”
He also prayed the court to, “ magnanimously waive any prison sentence”, adding that the convict would not mind forfeiting the sum of money or pay a fine.
Justice Dipeolu convicted and sentenced the defendant to three months imprisonment, with effect from the date of his arrest on March 28,2025. The Judge also ordered that the money be forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Steve, a departing passenger on Delta Airline to Atlanta, United States, had declared that he was not in possession of any money in foreign currency but in Naira, while being profiled at the Currency Declaration Desk.
However, the sum of $30,000 undeclared was found on him during a search conducted by operatives of the NCS.
He was subsequently handed over to the Lagos Zonal Directorate 2 of the EFCC for further investigations, a development that led to his arraignment and conviction.
Man jailed 3 months for non-declaration of $30,000 at airport
-
metro2 days ago
BREAKING: Senator Natasha defies restrictions, arrives homecoming rally by helicopter [VIDEO]
-
metro2 days ago
Uromi: Edo residents flee towns over likely reprisal attack, arrest
-
metro2 days ago
Breaking: ‘Cancel your homecoming’ — Police tell Senator Natasha
-
metro3 days ago
How they murdered my Kano-bound passengers in Edo
-
metro3 days ago
‘I was offered N5bn bribe to impeach Fubara’
-
metro1 day ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
metro2 days ago
Amosun, Adeola engage in verbal attack over project diversion allegation
-
metro3 days ago
Kano Gov Yusuf, Sanusi linked to Eid killings