metro
Tinubu bars ex-Niger Delta agitators from Aso Villa
There are strong indications that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has barred any former Niger Delta insurgent commander from visiting him at the presidential mansion in Abuja.
Based on this directive, it was learnt that the presidency recently rejected requests for courtesy visits by key militant leaders and ethnic militias from the oil-rich region to Tinubu in the villa.
The decision was reportedly taken in the aftermath of the visit to Tinubu by the leader of the defunct Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujarhedeen Asari-Dokubo, on June 16 this year.
Asari-Dokubo, a staunch supporter of Tinubu, backed and supported the President in the run-up to the 2023 presidential election.
A report on Tuesday by Leadership stated that Tinubu, in ordering the action, was disturbed by public utterances and actions of Asari-Dokubo after his visit to the villa.
It was learnt that Tinubu was bothered that all “verbal vituperations and militant activities” of Asari-Dokubo in the Niger Delta were subsequently linked to him after the June audience with the notable activist.
As he stepped out of the Villa, Asari-Dokubo, in a chat with the State House reporters, took on the Armed Forces, accusing its personnel of being neck-deep in economic sabotage, especially crude oil theft and vandalism of oil equipment in the region.
READ ALSO:
-
Tragedy as fuel station fire kills 30, injures many in Russia
-
NNPC: No plans for fresh increase in fuel price
-
Emefiele, Bawa continued detection, act of executive lawlessness – Ozekhome
The allegation, it was learnt, embarrassed and shocked Tinubu, especially because he made the shocking revelation moments after departing his office.
Leadership reported sources in the presidency as saying that Dokubo’s outbursts against the military within the vicinity of the villa gave the inkling that the President shared the same views with the ex-militant commander.
It was gathered that the presidency was ruffled by the attacks on the President by notable Nigerians over the utterances and actions of Asari-Dokubo, especially his effrontery in the reckless public assemblage of gun-wielding youths in his enclave in Rivers State.
The gun-bearing renegades often appeared in viral videos with Asari-Dokubo, assuming commanding roles.
Asari-Dokubo also took on the Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, threatening to deal with the chief executive of the state.
The presidency was said to have been irked that his association with the President had continued to give a wrong signal to the public that he enjoyed the support and backing of the nation’s number one citizen.
To this end, one of our sources in the presidency said all individuals known to be linked with the Niger Delta ethnic crisis and oil industry unrest in the region, requesting courtesy visits and audience with the President after the Asari-Dokubo’s experience, had their applications declined.
READ ALSO:
-
15 LASTMA officials wounded in clash with soldiers as others vacate duty posts
-
Price hike looms as rice millers cease operations in Kano
-
Big blow for Apapa as Appeal court affirms Abure national chairman of LP
A notable militant from the region, who made a request for an audience with the President last week, was said to have lamented that his application was declined by the nation’s seat of power.
He said top officials of the presidency pointedly informed him that the President was not disposed to meeting with members of his group.
But Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Ajuri Ngelale, said he was not aware of the President’s directive on the matter.
![]()
metro
Lagos Moves to Tackle Housing Deficit, Inaugurates 2026 World Habitat Day Committee
Lagos Moves to Tackle Housing Deficit, Inaugurates 2026 World Habitat Day Committee
The Lagos State Government has inaugurated the planning committee for the 2026 World Habitat Day celebration, charging members to deploy their expertise and work collaboratively towards finding sustainable solutions to the state’s housing and urban development challenges.
The committee was inaugurated last Tuesday by the Permanent Secretary, Office of Physical Planning, Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Tpl. Olayinka Adebayo Wasiu, at the Ministry’s Conference Room in Alausa, Ikeja.
Speaking at the inauguration, Wasiu described World Habitat Day as an important platform for reflecting on the state of human settlements and reaffirming the fundamental right of every individual to adequate housing.
He said the 2026 theme, “Adequate Housing for All,” was particularly relevant to Lagos, given the need for stronger and more coordinated efforts to address housing challenges and improve living conditions across the state.
The Permanent Secretary called for greater collaboration among government agencies, private sector operators, development partners and other stakeholders in the built environment, stressing that the housing challenge required a comprehensive and sustainable response.
“I want you all to bring your expertise and contribute meaningfully before, during and after the programme because Lagos is widely regarded as the pacesetter of development in Nigeria,” he said.
Wasiu further urged committee members to approach their assignments with professionalism, dedication and a strong sense of purpose, while leveraging their diverse expertise to deliver a meaningful and impactful celebration.
He said the housing deficit could no longer be addressed through fragmented interventions, noting that a holistic approach was required to bridge the existing gap.
“The housing deficit is something we have to critically and holistically address in order to bridge the existing gap,” he added.
READ ALSO:
- Lagos Moves to Tackle Housing Deficit, Inaugurates 2026 World Habitat Day Committee
- Hawk Fire in US Rages On, Burns 10,500 Acres in Nevada, Forces Mass Evacuations
- ICPC uncovers alleged fake agency claiming 2017 FEC approval after nine years
He explained that the Office of Physical Planning was responsible for coordinating the annual World Habitat Day observance in Lagos, adding that members of the 2026 planning committee were drawn from various Ministries, Departments and Agencies to promote broad representation, inclusiveness and effective coordination.
World Habitat Day is observed globally on the first Monday of October each year to draw attention to the state of human settlements and the right to adequate shelter.
The 2026 Lagos State celebration is scheduled for Monday, October 5, at the Blue Roof, LTV Complex, Agidingbi, Ikeja.
The state government reaffirmed its commitment to sustainable urban development, expanding access to adequate housing and implementing policies aimed at improving the quality of life of Lagos residents.

Lagos Moves to Tackle Housing Deficit, Inaugurates 2026 World Habitat Day Committee
![]()
metro
ICPC uncovers alleged fake agency claiming 2017 FEC approval after nine years
ICPC uncovers alleged fake agency claiming 2017 FEC approval after nine years
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has uncovered an alleged fake government agency that operated from the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) for years while presenting itself as a properly constituted federal institution.
The organisation, identified as the National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office, allegedly claimed that it had received Federal Executive Council (FEC) approval in 2017 under the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari.
However, the ICPC said its investigation found that the office was operating without presidential authorisation and contrary to extant laws, raising questions about how it secured office space within the OSGF complex and maintained an official-looking structure for years.
The development was disclosed by ICPC Chairman, Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN, after he briefed President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on the Commission’s investigation into the alleged fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC) and other weaknesses in the public service.
Aliyu said the discovery of the alleged fake agency emerged from the broader investigation into how unauthorised organisations could operate within government structures.
He said the National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office had been illegally allocated office space within the OSGF premises, despite allegedly lacking the required authorisation to function as a federal agency.
The Commission identified George Buchi Nwabueze as the alleged promoter of the organisation.
According to the ICPC chairman, Nwabueze allegedly operated under several variations of his name, including George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Hon. George Buchi Nwabueze and Prince George Buchi Nwabueze.
A profile on the organisation’s website lists Nwabueze George as its “Executive Director, National Coordinator”, further linking the individual to the organisation at the centre of the ICPC investigation.
READ ALSO:
- Rivers Monarch Escapes Assassination as Gunmen Raze Palace, Several Wounded
- 2027: Over 500 Northern Muslim Clerics Endorse Tinubu for Second Term
- Messi Fined for Slapping Opponent in Heated Philadelphia Draw
The organisation had built an elaborate public profile around its activities. Its website presented the office as an initiative focused on promoting Made-in-Nigeria products, supporting local industries, developing Nigerian brands and encouraging investment in domestic manufacturing.
Its stated objectives included the revival of moribund factories through investment arrangements, support for local brands, development of a national labelling and counterfeit surveillance system, and promotion of Nigerian products through trade fairs and exhibitions.
The organisation also published what it described as a “Bill for an Act to Establish the National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Promotion Commission and for Related Matters.”
The purported legislation, identified on its website as the National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Promotion Commission Act, 2025, was presented as providing a legal framework for the establishment of a commission responsible for promoting Nigerian brands and local manufacturing.
However, the publication of the proposed bill does not, by itself, establish that the organisation had been legally created as a federal agency.
The organisation also claimed that its activities had a 2017 FEC approval.
According to information published on its website, the Federal Executive Council allegedly approved a “National Campaign to Sensitize Nigerians on the Patronage of Made-in-Nigeria Products” at a meeting held at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on February 1, 2017.
The organisation listed the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment as the implementing ministry.
That claim has become one of the issues requiring verification as part of the ICPC investigation. While the organisation presents the 2017 FEC approval as part of its history, the anti-corruption agency maintains that the office was operating without the necessary presidential authorisation.
The alleged agency also established an extensive nationwide leadership structure, with national, zonal and state coordinators.
Its published structure included officials assigned to different geopolitical zones and states, creating the appearance of a federal organisation with representation across the country.
The organisation’s website also displayed official-looking green-and-white insignia bearing references to “The Presidency” and “Made in Nigeria”, further contributing to its public presentation as a government-backed initiative.
It maintained social media accounts under the handle @pmainpro on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, X and LinkedIn.
The ICPC is now investigating how the organisation was able to maintain such a structure and operate from government premises without being stopped earlier.
Aliyu also alleged that the organisation’s promoter may have had the suspected collaboration of some senior public servants within the OSGF.
The Commission is examining the role of officials who may have facilitated the organisation’s access to office accommodation and other government resources.
Following the ICPC briefing, President Tinubu ordered the immediate arrest of Nwabueze and directed the suspension of three permanent secretaries pending the outcome of the investigation.
The affected officials are M.S. Danjuma, Engr. Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah.
The presidential action came amid a wider investigation into alleged fictitious government structures, following the earlier discovery of the Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC).
The ICPC had alleged that the PFIPC was not a legitimate federal government institution despite presenting itself as one. Its alleged promoter, Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, is facing prosecution over allegations including forgery and impersonation.
The discovery of the National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office has now widened concerns about fraudulent government structures and weaknesses in public-service oversight.
The case has raised questions about how an organisation allegedly lacking valid presidential authorisation could obtain office accommodation within the OSGF, establish a nationwide network of coordinators and maintain an official-looking online presence.
The ICPC said it had engaged officials of the OSGF to obtain additional information on how the organisation secured its accommodation and to establish the roles allegedly played by the suspended permanent secretaries and other individuals.
The Commission said its investigation would continue and that further findings would be communicated to the appropriate authorities.
For now, the alleged 2017 FEC approval, the circumstances surrounding the organisation’s occupation of government premises and the alleged involvement of public officials remain subjects of investigation.
The allegations against Nwabueze, the suspended officials and any other persons linked to the matter have not been established by a court. All individuals involved are entitled to due process and the presumption of innocence.
ICPC uncovers alleged fake agency claiming 2017 FEC approval after nine years
![]()
metro
Rivers Monarch Escapes Assassination as Gunmen Raze Palace, Several Wounded
-
metro2 days agoHistory in Makkah: Nigerian Teen Wins Prestigious Qur’anic Contest, Breaks 46-Year Gender Barrier
-
News2 days agoDelta Governor Reveals ₦503,000 Monthly Salary, Says Permanent Secretaries Earn ₦900,000
-
metro3 days agoFormer MFM Pastor Femi Jimoh Dies After Years of Detention, Legal Dispute
-
Auto2 days agoDangote deploys technology to curb truck crashes, improve road safety
-
Politics3 days agoPBAT Door-to-Door Movement Holds Kano Rally, Strengthens APC Ties Ahead of 2027
-
Sports2 days agoOkocha Ignites Fresh GOAT Debate: Nigerian Legend Says Messi Is ‘Art,’ Ronaldo Is ‘Goalscorer Like Haaland’
-
News2 days agoAtiku’s Fuel Subsidy Plan Unrealistic, Destructive, Says Presidency
-
metro3 days agoSecurity Forces Kill 24 Bandits, Foil Mass Abduction Plot in Katsina Community
