Entertainment
TweetDeck now X plus requires pay subscription

TweetDeck now X plus requires pay subscription
Twitter (now X) has started charging users to access TweetDeck (rebranded as X Pro).
The tool lets you view and manage multiple Twitter accounts and is very popular.
It has been one of the most popular tools on X (formerly Twitter) since the add-on launched back in 2008.
Twitter (X) announced in July that TweetDeck, a popular programme that allows users to monitor multiple accounts and lists of users at once, would be available only to “verified” account holders from August.
On Tuesday, users attempting to access the service were required to pay for X’s blue checkmark verification for an annual fee of $84.
The social media firm, bought by billionaire Elon Musk last year, has been thrashing around for ways to make a profit, cutting staff and ramping up its paid-for subscriptions.
Last week, CEO Linda Yaccarino said that the company was “close” to breaking even and would beef up staffing that had been slashed by Musk.
According to AFP, X’s verified users are mostly those who have paid to receive the blue checkmark, though Musk has gifted the verification symbol to some.
TweetDeck, launched more than a decade ago, shows messages in columns and its search and posting functions operate differently to the website or the app.
Twitter bought London-based TweetDeck in 2011, with technology media putting the price tag at $40 million at the time.
TweetDeck now X plus requires pay subscription
Entertainment
Tuface spotted with Igbinedion’s granddaughter at Edo election tribunal

Tuface spotted with Igbinedion’s granddaughter at Edo election tribunal
Nigerian music legend Innocent Idibia, better known as Tuface, made a surprise appearance at the Edo State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Wednesday.
He arrived at the tribunal with his new lover, Natasha Osawaru, who is the Deputy Majority Leader of Edo state House of Assembly.
The duo appeared in court, spent some minutes, before heading out.
The tribunal is set to deliver judgment on the petition by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate, Asue Ighodalo, challenging the victory of Governor Monday Okpebholo of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the September 21, 2024, governorship election in Edo State.
READ ALSO:
- Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
- Ondo bricklayer flees after wife gives birth to triplets
- Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
Osawaru, the granddaughter of billionaire Gabriel Igbinedion, got engaged by 2Face following his separation from his wife, Annie Marculey.
Since then, the singer and the lawmaker have been spotted together in public on multiple occasions.
Recently, the Edo lawmaker recently updated her Instagram bio to reflect the singer’s surname, Idibia.
The duo appeared in court, spent some minutes, before heading out.
Tuface spotted with Igbinedion’s granddaughter at Edo election tribunal
Entertainment
Some ladies in movie industry ready to sleep their way to fame — Jide Kosoko

Some ladies in movie industry ready to sleep their way to fame — Jide Kosoko
Veteran Nollywood actor Jide Kosoko has weighed in on the controversial issue of sex-for-roles in the Nigerian film industry, stating that some actresses deliberately enter the industry with the intent of using sexual relationships to advance their careers.
Jide Kosoko shared his views during a recent appearance on the Honest Bunch podcast, where he challenged the popular notion that directors and producers always impose such conditions on actresses.
He emphasised that no one can be coerced into engaging in sexual exchanges for roles.
“If I said I need you to warm my bed so that I can give you a role, and you said no, they cannot force you to do it. And if you want that role by all means, that means you want to dance to his tone,” he explained.
READ ALSO:
- Gunmen abduct Catholic priest in Anambra
- Adeleke University didn’t suspend Muslims for praying – MSSN
- Juventus to sign Osimhen with player-plus-cash offer
The veteran actor clarified that while making such demands is inappropriate, the decision ultimately rests with the individuals involved.
“I’m not saying it’s right to have introduced that to you, but if you fall for it, that’s your own business. How does that concern the whole world? All this sex-for-roles thing, forget about it,” Kosoko stated.
He went on to assert that some women intentionally exploit such situations to gain recognition in Nollywood.
“I know some ladies that equally come into the industry with the determination that, by the time ‘I sleep with this and sleep with that, I will get my name. I know of some popular actresses. I know of even a Magistrate,” he revealed.
Some ladies in movie industry ready to sleep their way to fame — Jide Kosoko
Entertainment
Asake reconciles with ailing father, moves him to specialist hospital

Asake reconciles with ailing father, moves him to specialist hospital
Afrobeats sensation Asake has admitted his father, Fatai Odunsi, to a specialist hospital in Ikoyi, where Chinese medical experts are providing treatment, a reliable source has confirmed.
A neighbour of Odunsi confirmed the development.
Speaking in the local Isale Eko dialect, she initially requested more time, saying, “Call me again around 6:30 pm. By then, I should have gone to their house, so I would be able to give you more information on what you asked.” Later, around 7 pm, she confirmed, “I have confirmed from his (Odunsi’s) wife that he has been admitted to a specialist hospital in Ikoyi where Chinese experts are currently attending to him.”
READ ALSO:
- Soyinka Kicks against State of Emergency in Rivers
- President’s son pays medical bills of some Nigerians during Ramadan
- Actress Jayesimi blames mother for childlessness at 60
A source within Asake’s management, speaking anonymously, described the situation as an oversight. According to the insider, Asake has started fulfilling his financial obligations toward both his father and his daughter, Zeenat. However, the source could not confirm whether the artist plans to rekindle his relationship with Zeenat’s mother or provide financial support for her.
“The entire thing was an oversight, but all has been sorted. He has reunited with his family and promised to give them whatever they would need to keep him going. To the best of my knowledge, he has begun fulfilling the promises he made and that is why there is now calm. I have no knowledge of what has or will happen to the baby mama; what I know is what I have told you,” the source revealed.
In a viral video, Odunsi shared an update on their reconciliation, stating that Asake had pledged to buy him a new house and cover his medical bills. He confirmed that real estate agents were actively searching for a suitable property. Additionally, he noted that Asake had agreed to take full responsibility for his 11-year-old daughter, Zeenat. However, he did not address whether the artist would rekindle his relationship with Zeenat’s mother or provide her with financial assistance.
Asake reconciles with ailing father, moves him to specialist hospital
(PUNCH)
-
metro1 day ago
BREAKING: Senator Natasha defies restrictions, arrives homecoming rally by helicopter [VIDEO]
-
metro2 days ago
Uromi: Edo residents flee towns over likely reprisal attack, arrest
-
International3 days ago
In pictures: Eid celebrations around the world
-
metro2 days ago
Breaking: ‘Cancel your homecoming’ — Police tell Senator Natasha
-
metro2 days ago
How they murdered my Kano-bound passengers in Edo
-
metro2 days ago
‘I was offered N5bn bribe to impeach Fubara’
-
metro19 hours ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
Sports3 days ago
Nigerian boxer collapses, dies in ring during fight in Ghana