metro
14 die in Lagos-Badagry expressway accident

14 Die In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Accident
No fewer than 14 persons, including a four-month-old baby, died on Sunday morning in an auto accident along Lagos-Badagry Expressway in Lagos.
Mr Williams Manga, Unit Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, disclosed this in Badagry on Sunday.
Manga said that nine other persons sustained injuries in the accident, which occured at Agemowo axis of the road, around 7. 31 a.m.
He said a commercial bus (Mazda) with registration number MUS 411 XU carrying 19 passengers and coming from Lagos, was involved in a collision with a granite truck with registration number AKM 926YQ coming from Badagry.
“The accident occured around 7.31.a.m. when it was raining heavily along Lagos-Badagry Expressway.
“My men got to the scene of the accident at about 7.41.a.m. and took the injured to General Hospital Badagry, while the dead were deposited at the mortuary of the hospital.
READ ALSO:
- NDLEA nabs church officials, seizes 4,560kg skunk in Lagos, Adamawa, Osun, Ogun
-
Spanish goalkeeper David de Gea confirms he is leaving Manchester United after 12 years
-
Mmesoma’s father apologises to JAMB, Nigerians, begs for daughter
“Out of the 14 casualties, eight of them are male passengers, five female and one four-month-old female child.
“The accident was caused by speeding by the two vehicles while it was raining heavily,” he said.
The commander said that the driver of the truck was not affected.
The truck that was involved in fatal accident along Lagos Badagry expressway on Sunday.
Manga urged motorists not to exceed speed limits and to always have routine vehicle checks, for prompt detection and replacement of faults.
NAN correspondent who visited the accident scene reports that some people there could not hold back tears.
Mrs Theresa Avoseh, one of those at the scene, said the people involved in the accident were returning home after celebrating with their relations at Makoko, in Lagos.
“The bus, loaded around 5.30.a.m., was going to Seme with people who went to celebrate with their relatives,” she said, adding that the accident occurred while it was raining heavily.
Dr Olatunde Bakare, the Medical Director, General Hospital, Badagry, said 10 of the victims were brought in dead.
He said that while his staff were attending to the injured ones, four more succumbed to death, which raised the number to 14.
Bakare said that they were doing their best to save the lives of the nine surviving passengers.
He urged motorists to drive safely on the highways, especially during this rainy season.
14 Die In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Accident
metro
Ex-police officer kills two family members, one other over Badagry land

Ex-police officer kills two family members, one other over Badagry land
The peaceful Yovoyan community in Badagry, Lagos, was plunged into grief on Tuesday morning following a tragic incident that left three people dead.
An ex-police officer, allegedly accompanied by an accomplice, shot and killed two family members and another individual over a land dispute.
The victims, identified as Mr. Richard Atideka, Mrs. Latevi Atideka—both residents of Yovoyan—and Mr. Muji Onilude, from the nearby Gberefu community, were fatally shot by the assailants.
A survivor of the attack, Mr. David Atideka, shared his harrowing experience, describing the terrifying event that took place between 2:00 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. at the Atideka family compound.
“I was inside my room discussing with my wife when I stepped out to urinate. As I did, I saw two armed men entering the compound. I quickly hid nearby.
“They entered my room, asked for me, and immediately shot my wife in the head. Out of fear, I ran to inform my elder brother, but when I arrived, I found his lifeless body—he had been shot too,” David narrated.
He further alleged that he saw his elder brother, the suspect, the ex-police officer, along with another armed person, leaving the compound after killing his wife and brother.
“The person I saw was my brother, the police officer. I recognised him clearly,” he said.
READ ALSO:
- Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
- Ondo bricklayer flees after wife gives birth to triplets
- Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
NAN learnt that the alleged suspected killer had been in a long-standing dispute with his brothers over land ownership.
A reliable source disclosed that the suspect had been attempting to seize land from David and Richard Atideka.
“They had taken the matter to court, where the suspect was arrested and detained but later released on bail. They were due for a final court judgment this Thursday,” the source revealed.
Meanwhile, Mr Yusuf Onilude, the son of slain Muji Onilude, said his father had just left his room moments before he was murdered.
“My father came to my room at about 2:10 a.m. We spoke for a few minutes before he left.
“Less than five minutes later, I heard gunshots outside. I rushed out and saw a man running away. I chased him, but he fired shots in the air and escaped.
“When I returned, I found my father in a pool of blood. He had been shot dead,” he said.
Reacting to the incident, community representative Mr James Yovoyan urged the police to ensure the perpetrators were brought to justice.
Chief Lorence Atideka, the family head, lamented the tragedy, calling on the government to arrest and prosecute everyone involved.
However, Henry Atideka, the son of the alleged killer, denied the accusations, claiming that unknown gunmen carried out the attack.
“My father was not around when the incident happened, and he has been invited by the police.
“Although the family had some disagreements, it was not about land but a conspiracy, which we planned to resolve this Thursday,” he said.
Henry expressed optimism that the police would uncover the truth and punish the culprits.
However, a senior police officer who wished to remain anonymous confirmed that the police had taken the corpses to the General Hospital in Badagry and had launched an investigation into the killings.
Ex-police officer kills two family members, one other over Badagry land
metro
12-year-old ‘Yahoo’ trainee, others rescued in Lagos, training centre dismantled

12-year-old ‘Yahoo’ trainee, others rescued in Lagos, training centre dismantled
The Lagos State Police Command has uncovered and dismantled an illegal internet fraud training facility, commonly known as a “Yahoo School,” in the Iju area of the state.
In a statement released on Tuesday, the command’s spokesperson, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the arrest of four principal suspects along with six trainees.
Among the trainees was an underage boy identified as Minachi Udochukwu.
Hundeyin noted that preliminary investigations revealed that the principal suspects recruited the trainees from Anambra State, engaged them in internet fraud, and confiscated their earnings.
The statement read in part, “During the successful operations, the police detectives arrested four Yahoo experts who were running the notorious school, namely Chibuike Ihejika, 23; Stanley Ihejika, 22; Obiora Oyediba, 26; and Emmanuel Oyedibe, 25.
“The other six suspects are their criminal trainees, all of whom were undergoing training in cybercrime and fraud: Okorie Henry, Otoh Chisom, 20; Okeke Kwufrochikwu, 26; Uchenna Obeji, 26; Minachi Udochukwu, 12; and Chinedu Ukachukwu, 23.
READ ALSO:
- Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
- Ondo bricklayer flees after wife gives birth to triplets
- Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
“Preliminary investigations revealed that the principal suspects of the facility recruited their trainees from Anambra State, engaged them to commit internet fraud and other related crimes.
“The proceeds from their fraudulent activities were being confiscated by the principal suspects.”
While the command warned the owner of the facility to turn himself in at the State Criminal Investigation Department, it assured all that all suspects would be charged to court for prosecution upon the conclusion of the investigation into the case.
The statement further revealed that Ugochukwu had been provided with medical care after healing marks of injury believed to have been sustained during the training was found on his body
“In line with due process of the law, the underage suspect among them, Minachi Ugochukwu, 12 years old, with healing marks of injuries on his body allegedly inflicted on him by the main principal suspect to compel him into the commission of the criminal acts, is being given medical attention and kept in protective custody till his relatives are identified and reunited with him,” Hundeyin stated.
READ ALSO:
- Rainstorm destroys schools, mosques, others in Kwara community
- Rivers police arrest General Overseer for alleged homosexuality
- CBN posts $23bn net FX reserve, strongest in three years
The command also warned parents and guardians to monitor the activities of their children and wards to prevent them from being exploited, lured, or compelled into falling into criminal activities.
It, however, called on members of the public who have fallen victim to the fraudulent activities of the criminal syndicate to come forward to the SCID, Yaba, with their complaints.
“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Olohundare Jimoh, also commends the police personnel involved in this operation for their dedication and professionalism that resulted in this success.
“The CP Jimoh assures all Lagosians that the Command remains resolute and committed to combating all forms of crimes and criminalities, including cybercrime tagged ‘yahoo,’ etc.
“He urges residents to report every suspicious activity or incident to the police in their localities for prompt action,” the statement added.
12-year-old ‘Yahoo’ trainee, others rescued in Lagos, training centre dismantled
metro
Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match

Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
Controversial Nigerian artists Speed Darlington and Portable are poised to square off in a celebrity boxing match.
The event will take place on April 18, 2025, at the Balmoral Convention Centre in Lagos state.
According to reports, the altercation between the two began in March when Darlington offered Portable N500,000 to play at his next performance.
Portable, who described the amount as ridiculous, tagged Darlington “poor”. Noting that he charges N20 million for performance.
READ ALSO:
- Ondo bricklayer flees after wife gives birth to triplets
- Edo Gov Okpebholo wins round one as tribunal upholds his election
- Rainstorm destroys schools, mosques, others in Kwara community
“You are inviting me for a show, and you don’t have money. You use my name to promote your show. I charge N20 million, ask around. I don’t know that you are poor. I don’t want to be friends with poor people”.
In his response, Darlington expressed regret for inviting Portable. He said “I regret it because why the insults?”
Portable replied by challenging Darlington to a fight, boasting that he would defeat him just as he did to popular actor, Charles Okocha.
The match has finally been arranged following netizens demand, with the organiser.
Announcing the fight on Instagram the organizer, Mygamerush wrote; “You asked and now it is here. Two street kings’ battle for ultimate street supremacy.”
Portable, Speed Darlington set for boxing match
-
metro1 day ago
BREAKING: Senator Natasha defies restrictions, arrives homecoming rally by helicopter [VIDEO]
-
metro2 days ago
Uromi: Edo residents flee towns over likely reprisal attack, arrest
-
International3 days ago
In pictures: Eid celebrations around the world
-
metro2 days ago
Breaking: ‘Cancel your homecoming’ — Police tell Senator Natasha
-
metro2 days ago
How they murdered my Kano-bound passengers in Edo
-
metro2 days ago
‘I was offered N5bn bribe to impeach Fubara’
-
metro19 hours ago
Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, appoints Ojulari as new NNPCL GCEO
-
Sports3 days ago
Nigerian boxer collapses, dies in ring during fight in Ghana