Connect with us

metro

Updated: NDLEA arrests Autonation Motors chairman, recovers N8bn Tramadol, two SUVs

Published

on

Over 13 million pills of Tramadol 225mg worth N8.86bn have been recovered by operatives of the National Drug Enforcement Agency from a mansion belonging to a billionaire drug baron, Ugochukwu Nsofor Chukwukadibia, in the Victoria Garden City, Lekki, Lagos.

Director of Media and Advocacy of the NDLEA, Femi Babafemi, disclosed this in a statement on Monday.

Ugochukwu, who is the Chairman of Autonation Motors Limited, was also picked up in connection with the hard drug.

The NDLEA said its operatives on September 30, 2022 stormed the Plot A45 Road 2 home of the 52-year-old billionaire drug baron in the VGC.

It stated that a search of the expansive mansion led to the discovery of 443 cartons of Tramadol Hydrochloride 225mg, which contains 13,451,466 pills of the drug, while some cartons were already burnt in a fire incident in the house same day.

Before his arrest, Ugochukwu, who hails from Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State, had been on the agency’s watch list as one of those behind the tramadol drug cartel in Nigeria.

Preliminary investigation showed that he has about six mansions within the VGC, one of which he uses to warehouse the tramadol consignment, while he lives in the one at Plot Z-130, Road 67 and another as his office.

Five exotic vehicles have also been located in two of his mansions, out of which two SUVs, including a bullet proof jeep, have been removed to the agency’s facility.

Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Brigadier General Mohamed Buba Marwa (retd), commended the officers and men involved in the operation for their diligence, while also appreciating Nigerians for supporting the Agency in its arduous task of ridding the country of the menace of drug abuse and illicit drug trafficking.

Marwa said, “I’ll like to reassure Nigerians and other stakeholders wherever they are located across the country and beyond of our preparedness to work with them on this onerous task of saving our people from the drug scourge.

“This partnership is a further warning to the drug barons and cartels that there is no hiding place for them anymore, because we remain on their trail and we’ll always get them.

 

metro

20-year-old Nigerian man divorces girl 8 months after they wedded, shares video

Published

on

Barely eight months after they tied the knot, a Nigerian man has ended things with his 17-year-old wife

The Imo state indigene announced the end of his marriage on social media, saying that marrying his estranged wife was the worst mistake he had made

The young man said he had hoped that his wedding would be the happiest day of his life, but it turned out to be the opposite

A 20-year-old Nigerian man has announced the end of his marriage to his young wife, 17, after eight months.

The young couple’s wedding, which was held some months ago, sent social media into a frenzy owing to their ages.

The lad regrets his marriage Sharing a video from his traditional wedding on TikTok, the Mbaise native from Imo state lamented that it is better to be single than married to his estranged wife.

READ ALSO:

“It is better to be single than to be with someone like her. So that is why I came out to let everyone know we are no longer together. Thanks for the advice,” he wrote on the clip.

He described his wedding day as the saddest day of his life.

“I thought my wedding day is going to be the happiest day of my life. It turned out to be the saddest day of my life.”

In another clip, he explained that he tried dialoguing with his ex-wife severally, but she wouldn’t listen.

“Marrying a 17-year-old girl is the worst mistake I ever made. I wish her best of luck,” he wrote on the clip. 

Watch the video below:

Social media reactions

Nancy Donatus said:

“You as the husband can help her not by divorcing your wife. This is a spiritual battle we are talking about here not a physical stuff.” 

roselyn rose said:

“D way u reach at 20 is sourprizing, it might be she hear so many things about u,and she is scared to tell she don’t need d marrage befor d wedding.” 

READ ALSO:

user4838273210633 said:

“Nothing spiritual here shez just young and naive.OR maybe she was not for marriage she had other plans for herself or she never loved you.”

amaechiezinneprom said:

“Bros nothing spiritual here Abeg, 17 is still a teenager, which work do u do that u spend such at this age I pray that girl is still intact. the fact.”

rashidatahri47@gmail.com said:

“My dear when you divorce her is not our problems but don’t insult her she’s not good for you but she can be good for another man simple.”

Nigerian boy, 20, says his wife keeps denying him sexual intercourse

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a 20-year-old Nigerian boy cried out over his wife’s attitude three months after they married.

The 20-year-old, in a TikTok video, lamented that they have not had sexual intercourse since becoming a couple. He said that she keeps coming up with excuses each time he makes advances at her in that regard.

The lad, who is an only son, admitted his inability to cheat due to his love for her and asked netizens for advice on what to do. In a message sent exclusively to Legit.ng, the young man confirmed that he is indeed married to a 17-year-old and wasn’t chasing clout with his video.

Continue Reading

metro

IGP files motion to set aside contempt proceedings, communal order

Published

on

Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba

The Inspector-General of Police(IGP), Usman Baba, has approached the Court to file a motion to set aside the contempt proceeding and committal order issued by the Federal High Court, sitting in Abuja, last Tuesday.
The motion is coming after the Federal High Court sentenced the IGP, to three months in prison for flouting a 2011 court order.
Alkali’s committal followed a suit filed by a police officer, Patrick Okoli, who was unlawfully and compulsorily retired from the Nigerian Police Force.
Force public relations officer Olumiyiwa Adejobi, who made this known, said in the motion filed before the Federal High Court in the Federal Capital Territory(FCT), Thursday, the IGP extensively highlighted grounds why the orders should be set aside, noting that he had not been appointed into office as Inspector-General of Police when the case was instituted and the reinstatement order in question granted.
The IGP, also affirmed that the contempt proceedings were served via substituted means in November 2018 and January, 2019 respectively, on the then Inspector-General of Police, and not on him as the incumbent.

READ ALSO:

Adejobi in the statement said “The IGP in his disposition further noted that even before his assumption of Office, official steps had been taken by his predecessors toward complying with the reinstatement of Patrick C. Okoli, the plaintiff, as ordered by the Court. As noted by him, this was evidenced by an official letter addressed to the Police Service Commission on the approval of the then Inspector General of Police, as far back as 2015, and before the court order of November 29th, 2022, requesting the Commission to issue a reinstatement letter to the plaintiff and also effect his promotion in line with the order of the Court and in the exercise of their statutory authority in that regard. Hence, the grounds for the contempt proceedings ought not to have existed, ab initio.
The IGP reassures Nigerians of his unalloyed commitment and steadfastness in defending the rule of law and respecting judicial authorities and hence, will not wittingly or unwittingly disobey any order validly granted by courts of competent jurisdiction”.

SUN

Continue Reading

metro

Policemen Slap, ‘Strip’ Bus Driver in Lagos

Published

on

Policemen in scuffle with bus driver

The source, who asked not to be named, said she was working when the incident happened.

She said she peeked out of her window and saw policemen dragging a commercial bus driver out of his vehicle, tugging his clothes, and slapping him continuously before pinning him to the floor. She said his clothes came off during the scuffle, and he was stark naked.

Speaking to FIJ, the source said, “I was just working when I heard noise outside. When I looked out, I saw policemen dragging one bus driver and slapping him anyhow.

“They dragged his clothes off and were dragging him to their vehicle but he kept shouting that he had not done anything. Later, they pinned him to the ground and stepped on him.”

The source sent FIJ some pictures she had taken of the scene, but when FIJ called Benjamin Hundeyin, spokesman for the Lagos Police Command, he told FIJ the narrative was “impossible.”

READ ALSO:

Hundeyin said, “No police officer will strip anyone naked, especially in broad daylight. Maybe in the night, but I can vow that it is impossible. You know how this bus drivers are. When you want to arrest them, they pull all sorts of gimmicks, go naked and start creating a scene.”

After he spoke with FIJ, our reporter sent him a video of a policeman holding the unnamed bus driver by his knicker and pinning him to a police van. An armed policeman is in front of them, and moments after, a third policeman walks up to them and deals slaps directly to the face of the unarmed civilian.

When FIJ asked Hundeyin if it was common practice for the police to slap civilians in a bid to restrain them, he described the question as ridiculous and patronising, and wanted to be asked instead what the force would do to errant officers who assault civilians.

However, when FIJ asked what actions the force would take, Hundeyin went silent.

As of press time, FIJ had not ascertained what division the officers were attached to, but Hundeyin told this reporter he had contacted their DPO and would follow up the matter.

Continue Reading

Trending