Don’t lose hope, all will be well again, Abiara tells Nigerians - Newstrends
Connect with us

metro

Don’t lose hope, all will be well again, Abiara tells Nigerians

Published

on

 

Founder of Christ Apostolic Church, Agbala Itura, Prophet Samuel Abiara, has urged Nigerians not to lose hope in the country, saying all will be well again.

as he announced the 39th edition of Jesus Festival being hosted by the church.

The festival has been slated to hold from December 6 to 12 at the church’s headquarters in Ibadan, Oyo State.

A coterie of top church leaders has been slated to speak at the event. Many top gospel artists are also expected to grace the occasion which will draw participants from across the world.

Abiara who addressed newsmen at the Lagos branch of the church on Monday pleaded with Nigerians not to lose hope in the country.

He said all would be well and called on Nigerians in the diaspora to get set to come back home and be part of the good things God would do.

The 79-year old prophet and former General Evangelist of the CAC expressed confidence that Nigeria would overcome its present challenges.

He said, “I want to assure all Nigerians that all will be well. The present crisis we are facing is a phase. It will become history and we all will have cause to rejoice. I can assure you that the future will be okay”

Prophet Abiara said there is no country that does not have challenges. “Who would have believed 9/11 would happen in the US. From time to time nations go through crises. Ours may be man-made crises but then it’s a phase. I believe we will overcome this phase and move to a better and higher ground.”

He urged Nigerians to put their mind at rest and put their hope in God for a better country. “That is the way to start building a better country. We must first hope in God, put our trust in him. Then we must collectively work hard to bring an end to the issues that are setting us back. We have no other country but this country. We can’t afford to rubbish it all the time,” he said.

The CAC prophet said many have often accused him of being too patriotic and patronising of the government. “Some people even think the government gives me money. But I don’t go near their money. I have never applied for a grant from the government even for my foundation. I just believe we need to be positive about our country and work for its progress,” he said

He urged Nigerians not to listen to prophets of doom who don’t see good things about Nigeria. He assured that “Nigeria will be great again.”

Abiara also seized the opportunity of the media chat to call on the government to listen to the cries of the masses.

He said, “That we hope for a good country does not give room for the government to do as they like. Government must listen to the people who elected them into office. They can’t afford to ignore the cries of the people. The youth population is a critical segment of the country.

“Government must give priority to them and hear them out. God can raise a young person to lead as in the future. So government must not take them for granted.”

On the Jesus festival, Abiara said when God gave him the vision 39 years ago, it was primarily to create a platform where people from all tribes and denominations will come to honour and celebrate Jesus.

“The festival is a festival of Jesus. We believe coming together to praise the name of Jesus will bring healing and progress to Nigeria. Yearly we gather and invite people from all walks of life to celebrate Jesus with us.”

The festival in time past had been graced by the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa, Rev Benny Hinn and a host of top church leaders.

This time, Bishop Wale Oke, Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo, Rev Esther Ajayi and Rev Funke Adejumo are expected to be at the event to preach.

Also expected at the event are the President of the Christ Apostolic Church, Pastor S. O.Oladele and the General Evangelist of the church, Prophet Hezekiah Oladeji and Prophet Funso Akande.

An array of gospel artists including Evangelist Tope Alabi, Bisi Alawiye, Psalmos, Yetunde Are and Elijah Akintunde are expected to minister in songs at the event. Woli Deborah of Ephphatah In’t Music Ministry and Evang. Dorcas Awolumate are also expected at the weekend-long event.

Prophet Abiara said Nigeria is blessed with great preachers of the gospel and gospel artists. He expressed confidence that the week-long programme will bring transformation and healing to Nigeria.

The programme will feature special prayers sessions for some specific individuals and also for the nation. There will be both morning and afternoon sessions featuring teaching and exposition of God’s word.

The Chairman of the Planning Committee, Bishop Isaac Abiara, said adequate security arrangements have been put in place for the festival.

“We have contacted the police and we have been assured of adequate security. We will also observe the covid-19 protocols. Adequate accommodation is being put in place for the programme,” he said.

Advertisement

metro

Man Arrested for Slitting Wife’s Throat During Farm Argument

Published

on

Rivers State police spokesperson Grace Iringe-Koko
Rivers State police spokesperson Grace Iringe-Koko

Man Arrested for Slitting Wife’s Throat During Farm Argument

A tragedy occurred in Amaji Village, Umuoyoro Community, Omuma Local Government Area, Rivers State, when a man allegedly slit his wife’s throat during an argument on Thursday, February 19, 2026. The victim, a mother of two, reportedly died from a deep cut inflicted by her husband while they were at their farm, sources said.

According to witnesses, a domestic dispute escalated into violence after the suspect, identified as Mr. Abuchi, reportedly grabbed a kitchen knife and attacked his wife. Her screams attracted nearby villagers, who rushed to the scene, overpowered the suspect, and handed him over to the Rivers State Police Command.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), CSP Grace Iringe‑Koko, confirmed the arrest of the suspect and said the Commissioner of Police has ordered a detailed investigation to ensure timely justice.

READ ALSO:

Yes, I can confirm the incident. The suspect has been arrested and a thorough investigation is ongoing to ensure justice is served,” she stated.

The incident has drawn condemnation from the Centre for Basic Rights and Accountability Campaign (CBRAC), which described the killing as the height of man’s inhumanity to man. The group called on the police to conduct a transparent investigation and ensure that justice is both served and seen to be served.

Prince Wiro, National Coordinator of CBRAC, said, “There is no justification for anyone to take another person’s life. This is a clear case of murder, and the Rivers State Police Command must ensure accountability.”

Residents of Amaji Village remain shocked and grieving, while community leaders urge peaceful resolution of disputes and enhanced measures to prevent domestic violence.

The case highlights the ongoing risks of domestic violence in Nigeria and the critical role of law enforcement and community awareness in protecting vulnerable family members.

Man Arrested for Slitting Wife’s Throat During Farm Argument

Continue Reading

metro

Armed Bandits Kill 30, Kidnap Villagers in Zamfara Attack

Published

on

Armed Bandits

Armed Bandits Kill 30, Kidnap Villagers in Zamfara Attack

At least 30 people have been killed and several others abducted following a late-night attack by armed bandits on Dutsin Dan Ajiya village in Anka Local Government Area, Zamfara State. The assault occurred on Thursday, February 19, 2026, when gunmen on motorcycles surrounded the community, blocked all exits, and opened fire on residents, witnesses said.

Eyewitnesses reported that the attackers stormed homes, shot indiscriminately, and kidnapped villagers, leaving many unaccounted for. Bodies were reportedly recovered early Friday morning, while several abducted residents were taken into nearby forests, according to local sources.

READ ALSO:

The attack comes just two days after the Zamfara State Government unveiled new security hardware, including drones and armoured vehicles, as part of ongoing efforts to combat banditry and rural violence. Despite these measures, the fresh raid highlights the persistent insecurity in Zamfara State, where bandit attacks, kidnappings, and property destruction have become recurring threats.

This incident follows a similar deadly raid in Arewa Local Government Area of Kebbi State, where at least 33 people were reportedly killed, underscoring the escalating insecurity across northwest Nigeria.

Attempts to obtain an official statement from the Zamfara State Police Command were unsuccessful as of press time. Security experts and residents are calling for urgent government and military intervention to protect vulnerable communities and prevent further bloodshed.

The latest attack is a grim reminder of the challenges facing rural communities in northwest Nigeria, where armed bandits continue to operate with impunity, threatening public safety, livelihoods, and social stability.

Armed Bandits Kill 30, Kidnap Villagers in Zamfara Attack

Continue Reading

metro

Tinubu Summons Aiyedatiwa Over APC Congress Violence, Monarch’s Murder

Published

on

Ondo State Governor, Lucky Orimisan Aiyedatiwa
Ondo State Governor, Lucky Orimisan Aiyedatiwa

Tinubu Summons Aiyedatiwa Over APC Congress Violence, Monarch’s Murder

President Bola Tinubu has summoned Ondo State Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa to Abuja following deadly violence during the All Progressives Congress (APC) ward congresses in Ondo State, which reportedly claimed four lives in Idanre and Akure North local government areas.

The President was said to be deeply disturbed by the killings, which occurred during what was expected to be a routine APC ward congress, especially in a state firmly controlled by the ruling party.

A senior government source in Akure disclosed that Governor Aiyedatiwa travelled to Abuja on Thursday after receiving the summons, following a series of security reports submitted to the Presidency detailing the violence that erupted during the APC congresses in Ondo State.

According to the source, the governor had earlier lined up activities to mark his one-year anniversary in office, but was forced to scale down the programme due to the presidential invitation.

The governor reportedly left Akure shortly after inaugurating the Igoba and Alagbaka Extension roads, without waiting for the commissioning of the 100,000-litre water supply project at the Federal University of Technology Akure Teaching Hospital (FUTATH) complex. His deputy, Dr. Olayide Adelami, represented him at other anniversary events.

READ ALSO:

The source revealed that the summons was issued late Wednesday night, following the President’s review of multiple intelligence briefings.

President Tinubu is said to be very angry over the Ondo killings and wants a clear explanation of what went wrong, particularly as the violence occurred within the APC, where there is no strong opposition,” the source said.

While it could not be independently confirmed if the governor met with the President, Aiyedatiwa was said to have returned to Akure later on Thursday, having been in Abuja ahead of a meeting expected on Friday.


Security Tension Deepens as Traditional Ruler Is Killed

Meanwhile, the security crisis in Ondo State worsened following the killing of the traditional ruler of Agamo Town, Oba Kehinde Jacob Faledun, who was murdered by suspected gunmen inside his palace on February 18, 2026, at about 7:10 p.m.

The killing triggered widespread fear and condemnation, prompting a swift response from security agencies.

The Ondo State Commissioner of Police, Adebowale Lawal, led a high-powered security delegation—including the Nigerian Army, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), and the Department of State Services (DSS)—to the community.

Lawal assured residents that the police and military would track down the killers, stressing that justice would be served.

Preliminary investigations revealed that about six masked gunmen allegedly stormed the monarch’s residence, forcibly abducted him, and attacked him violently, leading to his death.

The Commissioner confirmed the deployment of additional security personnel, including tactical teams and operational assets, to Agamo and neighbouring communities, urging residents to provide credible intelligence to aid investigations.

He reassured the people of Ondo State that security agencies would continue to work together to restore peace, maintain stability, and protect lives and property.

Tinubu Summons Aiyedatiwa Over APC Congress Violence, Monarch’s Murder

Continue Reading
HostArmada Affordable Cloud SSD Shared Hosting
HostArmada - Affordable Cloud SSD Web Hosting

Trending