metro
I Eat Human Organs And Sell Body Parts, Zamfara Car Dealer Confesses
Aminu Baba, a prominent businessman dealing in cars and other vehicles at Aminchi Motors Gusau, Zamfara state, has opened up on his nefarious activities.
Baba, who was arrested by the police, confessed eating and selling human parts to some unknown persons.
He was arrested last week over the killing and dismemberment of a 9-year-old boy in Gusau.
The suspect told journalists shortly after he was paraded by the state police commissioner, Mr Ayuba N Elkanah, that he has three wives and 19 children.
He said he employed two teenagers to scout for young boys to kill for him and they had done that twice, getting N1million in return.
“I paid them N500,000 for each of the killing of the two young boys. We removed penis, eyes, intestines and Esophagus and I used to eat these human organs and sell some to those who need them,” he said.
He, however, kept mum about where he raised the money he used to pay the killers and also did not disclose whether he had collaborators in the state.
READ ALSO:
- Lagos Pilgrims Board gets new members, secretary
- 2023 president: APC, PDP weigh options on zoning
- NDLEA grills socialite, Obi Cubana, for alleged drug links
- Fake Army General arrested over N270 million fraud with six guns
The police commissioner said the other suspect, Abdulshakur Mohammad, had confessed that that was the third time he was contracted by Baba to source for human parts.
He said he got N500,000, after the first and second operations before he was arrested.
He said connived with Baba and Ahmad Tukur to deceive the victim, who was taken to an uncompleted building.
Mohammad said after killing him, they removed his intestine, Esophagus, Private part and two Eyes, which they took to Baba who in return gave them N500,000 as agreed.
Two weeks ago, the remains of the nine year old boy identified Ahmad Yakubu Aliyu was found in an uncompleted building in Barakallahu area of Gusau metropolis.
Ahmad went missing shortly after he came back from Islamiyya School in Gadar Baga area of the city.
The owner of the building spotted the decomposing body of the little boy when came to continue his construction work.
He immediately closed the site and reported the matter to the police who later confirmed that Ahmad was killed and dumped.
Daily Trust
![]()
metro
Tinubu’s order: EFCC lifts freeze on Osun government accounts
Tinubu’s order: EFCC lifts freeze on Osun government accounts
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has lifted the restriction on Osun State Government bank accounts after President Bola Ahmed Tinubu directed the agency to vacate the order.
The affected accounts, held with First Bank of Nigeria and Zenith Bank, are now operational, according to confirmations from both the Presidency and an aide to Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke.
A Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Temitope Ajayi, confirmed that the restriction had been removed, saying the EFCC could not disregard the President’s directive.
“The lien has been lifted. EFCC cannot ignore the presidential order. I can confirm to you that it was done immediately,” Ajayi said.
An aide to Governor Adeleke, who spoke on condition of anonymity, also confirmed that the Post No Debit (PND) restriction had been vacated and that the state government’s accounts were functioning again.
The EFCC had imposed the restriction on August 5, 2026, as part of an investigation into the alleged fraudulent handling of about N11 billion in Ecology Funds, Intervention Funds and allocations from the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC).
The commission said the investigation had been ongoing since March 2026 and was aimed at preventing the alleged diversion of public funds.
The decision to restrict the accounts, however, generated significant controversy because it came shortly before the August 15 Osun State governorship election.
READ ALSO:
- IPOB Accuses UK of Hypocrisy Over Israel Stance, Demands Kanu’s Release Following UN Ruling
- Enugu ADC Chairman Found Dead Near Residence in Suspected Murder
- N3.14 Trillion Spent on Electricity Subsidy in 31 Months – FG
The timing prompted allegations from the Osun State Government and its supporters that the EFCC action was politically motivated and intended to weaken Adeleke ahead of the election. The commission rejected the allegations and maintained that its action was connected to an ongoing financial investigation.
The dispute escalated after the President intervened and directed the EFCC to take steps to vacate the restriction.
Tinubu expressed concern about the timing of the action and its potential implications for public confidence in the electoral process, while also maintaining that anti-corruption agencies should carry out their responsibilities professionally.
The account restriction had also triggered a legal battle between the Osun State Government and the EFCC.
The state government approached the Federal High Court in Abuja to challenge the restriction and sought N2 billion in damages, arguing that the EFCC’s action unlawfully interfered with the state’s access to its funds.
The legal dispute changed following Tinubu’s intervention and the subsequent lifting of the restriction.
After being declared winner of the governorship election, Adeleke directed the Osun State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwole Jimi-Bada, SAN, to withdraw the suit against the EFCC.
Adeleke said the President’s intervention had addressed the immediate dispute and that there was therefore no need to continue with the case.
With the accounts now operational, the immediate confrontation between the Osun State Government and the EFCC appears to have eased.
However, the lifting of the account restriction does not necessarily mean that the underlying investigation has been discontinued. The EFCC’s earlier allegations concerning the handling of about N11 billion remain separate from the decision to restore access to the accounts.
The development has also renewed discussions about the relationship between anti-corruption agencies and elected governments, particularly when financial investigations take place close to major elections.
For the Osun State Government, the restoration of access to its accounts removes an immediate financial constraint and allows the state to continue accessing funds required for government operations.
For the EFCC, the development means the financial investigation, if still ongoing, would have to proceed through the appropriate legal and investigative channels without the earlier account restriction.
Tinubu’s order: EFCC lifts freeze on Osun government accounts
![]()
metro
IPOB Accuses UK of Hypocrisy Over Israel Stance, Demands Kanu’s Release Following UN Ruling
IPOB Accuses UK of Hypocrisy Over Israel Stance, Demands Kanu’s Release Following UN Ruling
![]()
metro
Enugu ADC Chairman Found Dead Near Residence in Suspected Murder
-
metro2 days agoPalace Chaos: Police Say Cultists Targeted Davido, Not Gov Adeleke, in Deadly Osogbo Shooting
-
Auto3 days agoNew Mercedes-Benz Atego’s technology, performance raise benchmark in Nigeria’s truck business
-
Business3 days agoFuel subsidy: FG records N20.4tn extra resources, spends N30.6tn, says Oyedele
-
metro2 days agoPFIPC Scandal: Tinubu Orders Forensic Probe as ICPC Uncovers Multiple Fake Agencies
-
Politics3 days ago2027: Peter Obi lost his chance when he left ADC for NDC – Fayose
-
News2 days agoTinubu orders transfer of EFCC cash recoveries, N242bn unclaimed dividends to NELFUND
-
Politics2 days agoAtiku Dismisses Obasanjo’s Political Clout, Says Ex-President Has ‘No Electoral Value’
-
metro1 day agoHistory in Makkah: Nigerian Teen Wins Prestigious Qur’anic Contest, Breaks 46-Year Gender Barrier
